Chapter 25 - Waking Up

Chapter 25 – Waking Up

Everything was black and although I could hear muffled voices around me, I couldn’t make out anyone in particular; it was just a mixture of voices in conversation. My eyes felt so heavy and even though I tried to open them I had no luck, after several attempts I gave up and fell back into blackness.

The next time I woke up the voices were clearer and even though my eyes felt like bricks I strained my ears to try and hear who was in the room and what they were talking about.

“When do you think she’ll wake up?” an Irish voice said

“Remember what we talked about boys” I strained my mind to figure out who it was and I was pretty sure it was Liam

--------

A/N - Next update probably won't be until after the 21st as I have exams :)

“She should wake up soon, the doctor said it would be today” I managed to recognise this voice as Zayn

“Flower, can you hear me?” this was obviously Louis, I didn’t even have to think to know it was him. The only one I hadn’t heard was Harry, he would be there though as he promised. Maybe he had gone to the toilet or to get some food or something?

The weight began to lift off me, the noises became clearer and my eyes felt less heavy, after a couple of attempts I managed to flutter my eyes.

“Guys she’s moving” Liam said, I moved my fingers and began to open my eyes, a bright light hit me making me blink to adjust, at first I couldn't make anyone out but as I looked closer I saw Liam and Louis to my right, and Niall and Zayn to my left. My mum and Harry were nowhere in sight.

"Daisy, how are you feeling?" Liam asked, I tried to speak but couldn't, my mouth moved but no words would come out. I looked at them in panic, why wasn't I able to talk? Had something gone wrong?

"Don't worry, I'll go and get Dr Holt and tell him you've woken up" Niall said and I nodded, Louis took my hand and Zayn gave me a sympathetic look. After a few moments Niall returned with Dr Holt soon followed behind.

"Daisy I'm glad you're finally awake. Now I hear you've having a bit of trouble speaking. This is completely normal, it can take from a few hours to a few days for you to get back to normal" he said and I stopped panicking slightly, at least it was expected. He was about to continue but my mum rushed in obviously hearing that I was awake.

"Daisy, honey, I'm so glad you're awake and okay" she said coming over and kissing my cheek, since I couldn't speak I just nodded and half smiled.

"As I was saying, the operation went very successfully. We've removed all traces of the tumour, in a few days we will need to do a scan just to check but I'm very hopeful that it has gone. There maybe a few side effects such as short term memory loss, weakness, poor balance and lack of coordination and speech difficulty. However these shouldn't last long" Dr Holt said and I nodded, everyone else in the room was paying attention to what he was saying too. I couldn't help but think where Harry was, he said he would be here when I woke up. He’d promised, yet he wasn't here.