Chapter 26 - The Truth and Laughter

Harry walked over to the bed and sat beside me, at first I didn't want to make eye contact, but he took my hand so I automatically looked into his eyes. I could tell he was hurt and upset just by the way he looked, the glint in his eye wasn't there and even though he wasn't my favourite person right now, I had the urge to just cuddle him.

"Daisy, I don't know where to begin to apologise" he said, I looked at him in more detail, his curls were slightly disheveled and his clothes were creased.

'Start from the part when you arrived at the party' I wrote, this was going to slightly awkward as I couldn't talk. Harry looked at me slightly confused.

"Hold on, why are you writing?" he asked, I quickly picked up the pen and scrawled the explanation.

'Side effect' I turned it and he nodded running his hand through his hair before he began with his story.

"Well the boys told me I should go to the party to take a break from being here at the hospital, and they would take my place. Stupid me agreed. Anyway I got to the party and I promised myself I wouldn't drink and only stay for a little bit. I went in the kitchen to find my friend Matt and wish him a happy birthday, while getting myself an orange juice, but I think someone had spiked it because soon enough I was standing on the table singing to Britney Spears. After that I don't really remember much, although I must have kissed that girl" he said gesturing to the newspaper on the floor, as he spoke he wouldn't take his eyes off me and it made it hard to get my head round it.

"The next morning I woke up in a random room with a pretty bad hangover, the boys called me and that's when I found out about the newspaper" he said and I nodded

'Where did you wake up' I scribbled, he would have known once he left. I saw his face flicker with regret and I knew I hadn't heard the worst of it.

"The girls bedroom" he said timidly as if he was trying to hide it

'Did you?...' I wrote, he knew what I was referring to

"I don't know.. Maybe" he said not meeting my gaze.

'Well, were you in your birthday suit when you woke up?' I wrote and showed him the message, his eyes flickered from me to the message, to me again before he gave one single nod. I knew what that meant.

'I don't know what to say' I wrote down honestly, I had begun to forgive him about the kiss because he was drunk, but he'd slept with another girl and that was going way too far.

"I'm so sorry Daisy, I know you probably hate my guts right now. Please give me a second chance" he said and I knew it hurt him. I wasn't ready to forgive him yet, for the pure reason that I couldn't trust him.

'Harry I can't forgive you yet because I can't trust you' I wrote and showed him, he looked at it and nodded.

"I'll get your trust back if it's the last thing I do" he said and stood up walking out the room, before he left I saw him drying the corner of his eye and it hurt me seeing him like that. I really wanted to forgive I'm but I couldn't, I couldn't let him back into my life when I wasn't able to trust him.

All of a sudden a sob escaped me and before I knew it tears were running down my cheeks, this wasn't how I imagined it to be when I woke up. I don't really know what I was expecting but it certainly wasn't this. I felt a pair of arms wrap round me pulling me into a hug, I managed to blink through the tears and saw it was Zayn. He just held me until the tears stopped and I sniffed stopping.

"Are feeling a it better now you've got it all out?" he said and I smiled slightly nodding, it still hurt but Zayn was right it had made me feel slightly better.

"I know what we're going to do" Zayn said picking up the paper and pen, he began to draw something and I smiled at his crazy cartoon drawings. The first one was of Donald duck. When I wrote this down he nodded grinning and I took to drawing the first thing that came into my mind:a pig.

I drew large round circle and smaller one on top, adding little curves for the ears a circle and two dots for the snout, eyes, little legs and a curly tail to top it off. To be fair the drawing was really bad and Zayn chuckled when I showed it him, although he did get it right!

Half way through the game Louis, Liam and Niall joined in and were currently having a laughing fit and Louis' attempt of drawing an aeroplane. It was so bad. Since I couldn't make any noise I laughed silently, the first time the others saw me do this they were literally rolling on the floor laughing, I thought we were going to get a doctor for Niall because his face turned red from laugher. I might think about becoming a stand up comedian!

All the time the boys were with me, Harry was nowhere in sight. I couldn't help but wonder where he was and what he was doing.