Chapter 9 - A Wise Moment

Chapter 9 – A Wise Moment

The shopping centre was pretty busy to say it was a Thursday, it was a good job the boys were in disguise or I’m sure by now they would have been mobbed and their clothes torn. Harrys hand interlaced with mine and he grinned back at me, it still caught me off guard just how different he looked, although he was probably thinking the same thing about me.

“I’m hungry” Niall yelled a bit too loudly so people turned to look at him, Liam gave him a look to say ‘watch what you’re doing’ and Niall l bowed his head slightly.

“You just ate” I said, he had just eaten half a dozen cookies back at the apartment.

“Yeah and now I’m hungry again. Can we go get some food? How about Na-" Niall’s Irish accent spoke but Liam cut him off.

“We are not going to Nando’s again Niall, how about we just go to the food court?” Liam suggested, Niall looked hurt but then recovered as he just wanted to get something to eat.

“Okay then” Niall agreed and we all walked towards the food court before we had even begun shopping. We got a table and Zayn, Liam and Niall went up to order the food.

“I’LL HAVE CARROT CAKE BURT!” Louis shouted referring to Niall, who just nodded.

“Surprize me” Harry said before Liam could ask what he wanted, he raised his eyebrows and turned to me.

“How about you Matilda?” Liam said emphasising the name. I rolled by eyes before replying.

“I’ll have the same as Ha- Joey, whatever his us, surprize is Ross” I corrected myself when I realized I was going to give Harry away, who just smirked beside me.

“You don’t know how beautiful you look Mattie” Harry said shortening the name.

“Oh Joey!” I said dramatically throwing my hand on my heart, “How you doing?” I said copying the voice of Joey from F.R.I.E.N.D.S grinning back at Harry; I’d wanted to do that for ages!

“I’m good. But I’d be even better if you could move your lips to mine just using your eyes” Harry said as began to chuckle. I smacked him on the arm as he smirked along with Louis, who was laughing his head off. I felt my cheeks flush pink and I turned my head away slightly.

“I’m joking don’t worry! Although I wouldn’t mind kissing you again” He said, his husky voice whispering in my ear sending a shiver over me. I pouted teasing him before replying.

“Well this Joey isn’t going to get a kiss from this girl” I said as sweetly as possible, Harry’s smirk vanished and Louis was now laughing so hard a tear was rolling down his cheek.

“Ooh! Burn!” Louis said in between laugher.

“Although Daisy wouldn’t mind kissing Harry, it’s just too bad they aren’t here isn’t it?” I think I was enjoying myself a little too much. Harry just shook his head and muttered under his breathe, although the corners of his mouth were turned up slightly.

“I think I’ve found my new partner in crime” Louis said as the other boys returned with the trays of food.

“Who’s that?” Niall asked as he stuffed fries in his mouth,

“Daisy” Louis replied as he grabbed the slice of carrot cake and began shoving it in his mouth. That boy had a problem with carrots.

We spent the rest of the day shopping going in every shop there was and somehow, with a little thanks to Harry we spent over an hour in Jack Wills – although we all bought something from there – it was a pretty successful shopping trip, although whenever I went to buy something I got odd looks from the shop owner thanks to Matilda. Everyone was tired when we hopped in the car, there were the odd groans about feet hurting and legs aching as well as Zayn muttering how he couldn’t wait to take the disguise off, I had to agree with that.

“Did you see Zayn’s face when she turned him down?” Louis said as everyone but Zayn laughed, although Niall going a bit overboard and had tears streaming down his face. We were talking about Zayn’s or rather John’s disaster chatting up some girls. He had spotted some girls around our age in the shopping centre and went up to charm them – although he forgot he wasn’t exactly a heartthrob at that moment in time and the girls gave him a weird look and quickly declined when he asked them out.

“Don’t worry Zayn, when the time comes to meeting your other half they won’t care about your looks” Everyone’s head snapped in Harry’s direction, including me when he spoke. A few mouths were hanging open and the car went silent – even Louis wasn’t saying anything.

“What?” Harry said looking startled

“Did - you – just... he just gave a good piece of advice” Louis said still in shock

“Yeah mate, where did that come from?” Zayn said that serious look on his face

“I – “ Harry managed to say. I just let the boys speak, not wanting to say anything.

“Daisy, whatever you’re doing, keep doing it!” Niall said

“Me?!” I asked, it was my turn to now be surprized

“Yes you, don’t you see how Harry’s changed? He’s now a man” Louis said, my lips were tightly pressed together. Louis knew Harry inside out so I couldn’t argue with his opinion, I was just shocked.

“I am here you know… And I was a man before” Harry said still a little embarrassed about before.

“You were a charming boy before, now you are a man. A gentleman. A gentle man.” Louis said trailing off which sent Niall into a fit of laughter.

“Alright boys that's enough” Liam spoke up for the first time in a while, his fatherly instinct taking over the situation, although you could tell he was thinking about what was being said because his eyebrows were furrowed.

Before anyone else could get embarrassed we arrived back at the estate, Louis who was driving, drove up to my house and stopped a few feet away from the front door.

“Do you guys want to come in for something to eat?” I asked as I unbuckled my seatbelt.

“Of course” Harry said beside me, and a chorus of voices rang out after him saying ‘yes’. We all climbed out the car and I took the spare keys from under the flower pot and unlocked the door – I never bothered to take house keys with me because we were on a private estate no one could enter and find the hidden keys.

I unlocked the door and stepped inside, it was pretty quiet, I had expected to hear my mum but instead silence greeted me. Toby ran out from the kitchen and greeted the boys who had stepped inside.  I hung up my coat and signalled for them to follow me to the kitchen.

Flicking the kettle on, I turned to the boys who had sat at the kitchen table on the stools, Louis was reading something while Niall and Harry were peering over his shoulder. He turned to face me, grinning like a child.

“We would love to keep you company. Guys its sleepover time!” Louis shouted. I put down the cup I had taken from the cupboard and walked over taking the piece of paper from Louis and reading it.

‘Daisy

Had to rush over to your Aunts as she has just gone into labour. Won’t be back for around four days, sorry to leave at such short notice. Maybe you could ask the boys to stay over since you seem to be getting on pretty well? – Although no funny business! Look after Toby and tidy up after yourself. See you soon.

Love Mum’

I grin tugged at my face as I looked up to see Toby flat on his back and Niall and Zayn leaning over, rubbing his tummy. Liam was sat grinning at his phone, and Louis and Harry were looking at me with cheesy grins on their faces. It was going to be one exciting sleepover, and somehow I didn't think i'd be getting much sleep!