Chapter 11- Silver Lining

Kim's POV

"Are you sure!" I screamed.

"I'm positive! This is so much more fun than driving itself," Spencer reassured me. I grip my hands on the steering wheel until my knuckles turn white. Truth be told, I honestly have never been Go-Cart racing in my life! I'm extremely petrified.

In seventh grade, Asher told me the story about his cousin going too fast on the track and bumping into another cart and flipping over. His cousin was thirteen and broke his collar bone and arm! You can see my reason why I've never done it. I double check if my seat belt is on and look up to find the light going from red to yellow. Holy shit, holy shit!

"The one who survives gets to pick the next game," Spencer shouted to me jokingly. I had told him about the story and why I haven't been Go-Carting before, needless to say he's trying to prove that I won't break my collar bone and there's nothing to be afraid of.

"What?! Survive!" I screech, feeling my heart thump ten times faster. He winks at me and looked forward. Yellow, green... GO!

I stomp on the gas pedal flying, onto the track. My hair blowing all around my face, the wind making my face feel cold. By the second lap around, I felt more at ease. A smile forms lightly on my face as I pass by Spencer yelling.

On the fourth lap, I drove back into the station with a wider smile and coming in before Spencer, "Well look what we have here, I guess I won." I said with a playful smirk.

"I let you win." He laughs, getting out of the cart and helping me out of mine.

"Oh that's what all the guys say when a girl beats them." I state, grabbing his hand so I can climb out the go- cart easier.

"Or because I really did just let you win. Just a thought though." He said shrugging his shoulders with a chuckle.

"I'm sure that's it." I giggle, putting my hands in my pockets to keep warm, "You're just jealous that I get to pick the next game," I pointed out. He rolls his eyes, laughing. I laugh with him as we walk through the little amusement park, passing by all sorts of different games and activities. It was a bit chilly out with a small breeze swaying by so it was a good thing I did bring my peacoat.

"So what game you want to do next?" Spencer asks, looking around. I searched around for a perfect game, something that we would both enjoy. And in the middle of the park there it was standing twenty or so feet in the air.

"That right there," I said pointing like a child.

"You want to rock climb that thing?" Spencer questioned, pointing up to it.

"Yes! Or unless you're too much of a sissy to handle it," I said tauntingly, backing up to the slab of rock.

"Oh you're on!" he shouted, racing me to the wall.

After putting our gear on and listening to the man's instructions, we finally start making our way to the top. One by one, I pushed myself higher and higher, and right when I was about to slap the red button indicating I had won, another went off.

I turn my head to Spencer, seeing him gloat with satisfaction of winning. "I believe the sissy just won!" he gloats.

"Ha! You called yourself a sissy!" I tease, trying to control my hair from the wind, "Last one down-"

"Buys the other cotton candy," he finished. Oo, I like that deal as much as I love cotton candy.

"Deal!" I agreed, nodding my head, "1-"