//17

I widen my eyes. "No..." I murmur. "Just- come over. Quick." I hang up and get in my car, driving above the speed limit. It was really only 5 minutes to drive but I wanted quicker. I park in front of Brendon's house and get out, locking my car after. I walk to the front door and knock.

Brendon answers. "You're quick. Ryan's trying to calm Josh." I nod and walk in. I was shaking. Why was I shaking? I'm stupid. Josh looks up, tears covering his beautifully carved face. He held a ski mask in hand. His hair dye was faded.

He looked beautiful

I hug him. I had the urge to slap him really hard, but I didn't. "Why'd you leave Josh?" I ask calmly. I wasn't the only one shaking as trembling arms wrapped around me. "I didn't like like and I was so over whelmed and scared Tyler. I couldn't b-breathe. I ran to the forest that day and I didn't want to come back. Then my head kept bothering me about purpose. I started painting. Nobody knew. I wore this." He held up the mask. He was the guy from tv.

I hug him tighter. "Purpose will surface only after you defeat your demons." I say quietly.

The confident boy I knew was taken over by fear and anxiety.

His breathing calms. "Thank you Tyler..." Josh whispers. I kiss his forehead gently. "I love you Tyler..." Josh murmured. And I could tell this was true. "I love you too Josh. Wanna go to mine?" He nods. I kiss his nose and grab his hand, squeezing it. Brendon grinned. "This is gayer than me, the fuck." Josh and I laugh. Josh gets up and hugs me again. "I missed you."