Chapter 92

I slide my footy pajamas on my body and mom helps me zip it up the front. She kisses my forehead before pulling me into a hug.

"Why don't you go see what Lex is doing?" She suggests and I nod as I hop to my feet.

I skip into our bedroom, jumping over the pile of clothes of the size of a mountain. I push our door open and lex is laying on her belly as she looks at her laptop. I then notice she is crying. I have never saw my sister cry before.

"Lex?" I whisper and her eyes shoot to me. Her eyes are red and her cheeks are stained with tears.

"Leah go away." She orders me but I climb up on the bed.

On the screen is two people kissing but she immediately shuts it so I can't see them.

"Who was that?" I ask and she pulls me into her lap.

"That was me and Mark." She cries and I wipe them away. I wrinkle my nose, kissing is gross, I think to myself.

"Why are you crying?"

"I did something bad and everyone knows about it." She whispers, hugging me tightly.

"Is mom and dad going to yell? I hate when they yell." I tell her and she sighs.

"Probably. I have to tell them. Why don't you run along and hang out with Liam." She suggests, lifting me off her lap.

"He doesn't like me." I groan and she laughs.

"He loves you. He is a eleven year old boy, he likes whatever they do." She tells me and I huff as I stomp louder than a dinosaur to his bedroom.

When I walk in, he is playing a shooting game or something on the tv. I climb up beside him on his bed and he crooks his head towards me.

"What are you doing in here!" He yells at me, but I wrap my arms around him.

"Mom and dad are going to yell again." I whisper to him and just on queue, they start screaming at lex and ask her how stupid could she be. I start to cry into his belly, burying my face.

"What did she do?" He asks me and I shake my head.

"I don't know." I cry and the first time in years, he hugs me. I cup my hands over my ears, trying to ignore mom and dad's voices.

I sit straight up in bed with my heart pounding out of my chest and tears rolling down my face. I cover my ears just like I did when I was little, still able to hear my mother and father yelling at Lex. I push them to the back of my head, making them hide until they finally go away.

I look beside me and Louis is no longer by my side, he probably wasn't able to sleep. My skin feels sticky, I am sweating. I throw off the blue fuzzy blanket that Louis had gotten me. My bare feet touch the cold floor and I stand up, grabbing my phone in my hand. My head starts to pound when I head out of my room. I walk around on a lookout for Louis but he isn't able to be found. I find a couch by the window and I lounge myself on it, happy that nobody is around.

I look at my phone and it's two in the morning. I should be sleeping. I watch out the window at the deserted road, a car occasionally drives by. I slide the screen on my iPhone to unlock it and a bunch of pictures of Louis and I pop up. He must have done that one of the nights he couldn't sleep. I smile to myself, I couldn't ask for anyone better.

Before I knew it, I had my phone up to my ear ringing, waiting for someone to pick up on the other line. It goes to voicemail but what do I expect, it's two. My phone begins to ring and relief washes over me as I answer.