Chapter 55

"What's wrong?" He asks softly, pushing my hair behind my ear.

"Everything. I just started staying at college and my roommate and her boyfriend are horrible. Then tonight I went to a party with a squad and someone tried to.. you know... And I told one of my best friends about my father and my roommate made me give up my position as captain for exchange of her not saying anything. Niall hasn't been calling me and he's been partying. Then to top it all off my father is sick and nobody will make him go to the freaking doctors." I'm out of breath from my sobs when I'm done and Louis pulls me into his chest.

"Everything will be okay." He whispers to me.

"The thing is I was excited to start college at Oxford and now I can't wait to be out of it." He stiffens momentarily and I'm quite not sure why.

"What's going on with Niall?" His words are harsh but I don't expect any the less.

"I don't know really," I admit honestly.

"He hasn't been calling me or answering my calls or texts. Half the time I will have to call Anna or Liam to find out if he's okay, but usually he is just out partying."

Louis doesn't say anything but he rolls his eyes.

"Well you don't want me to give you advice on that, I will tell you something that will hurt you." He says truthfully. I know he will.

"What are you doing here anyways?" I ask him, pulling away from him. He frowns at my action.

"I went to a party at a club by the college." He simply answers and I don't ask anymore questions.

I scoot couple inches away from him, I'm too close to him. I don't want to feel attached like before.

"What's wrong?" He asks me and I shake my head. My stomach then growls loudly, making Louis chuckle.

"Are you hungry?"

"Actually yes, it's pretty weird because I haven't been hungry much lately. But I'll just eat when I get back to campus."

"No I can take you out to eat." He smiles, rising to his feet.

He stands infront of me, looking down at me as I stay seated on the curb.

"You don't have to, I'm not asking for you to."

"I know, I just figured you know.. we could catch up. I haven't seen you since... a while ago." He says, not bringing up his fathers funeral.

"And where do you expect to take me at one in the morning?" I raise my eyebrow at him. He shakes his head laughing.

"We will find a place, come on." He says offering me his hand.

I take it and he helps me stand up. I slide my hand out of his and he's shocked but doesn't say anything.

"The only thing is I need to take home my friend. She lives a block away from the campus." He says.

I'm confused until I climb into the passenger seat to find a blonde laying across the back seat. She's very skinny and is only wearing short shorts that ride up her ass with a tank top that covers her stomach, but not her boobs.

Stop Leah, you have no reason or right to jump to conclusions. It's his life and you are with Niall. Louis said she was a friend anyways, my conscious tells me.

He begins to drive and I look behind me every few minutes to make sure this isn't a plot to hit me over the head. We pull into a big white house and he was right, I could see the campus from here.

"I'll be right back." He reassures me and I nod as he climbs out of the car.

He opens the door behind the drivers side and sits her up, lightly shaking her.

"Hey wake up." He whispers and her eyes flutter open then a big smile appears on her face.

I catch myself staring and I try my hardest to stop, but it's impossible. He smiles back to her and flickers his eyes to me then back to her. He helps her stand up and they walk close together up to her house. She has a big pane window of the living room and I can see straight in as they walk into there. Before I knew it, I saw her stand on her tippy toes, connecting her lips to his. My first thought was that he would push away, but I was wrong. He wraps his arms around her waist, pulling her closer to him. I didn't notice a tear left my eye until it hit against my skin on my thigh. I shouldn't be upset about this, who am I kidding I'm not. I picked Niall, I should except that he had to move on at some point. That's the reason I picked one of them right? Because they needed to move on, or I needed not to want to love each single one of them. He pulls his lips off of hers and he smiles widely. He pushes her hair behind her ear, the way he just did to mine ten minutes ago. I finally unglue my eyes from them, looking down at my feet. I grab a piece of paper and a pen off the the floor of his car, writing him a note.

"I'm just going to walk back to campus, thanks again."

I slide the note up on the dash as I climb out of the car, heading towards the campus. Ten minutes later I finally arrive back to my dorms, happy to find Alyssa no where in sight. I jump into the shower to get the stickiness of the alcohol off my skin from when I ran into Nick.

By the time I get out of my shower it's two-thirty and I'm exhausted. I brush my hair and I look in the mirror. My eyes are bloodshot and I have bags under my eyes. I hate crying.

"To this day forward, I will not cry." I swear to myself out loud. No matter what, I won't cry anymore.

I bend down to pick my clothes off the ground and my nose tingles. I quickly bring my head up to find blood gushing out of it.

"Shit." I curse to myself as I quickly grab my light blue tank top, bringing it to my nose.

It takes me a half an hour to stop my nose from bleeding, the weird thing is that it was in both sides not just one. My shirt is ruined from being covered in blood and I just throw it in the garbage. I'm not to worried about it even though it was my favorite shirt. A headache has formed, probably from how much blood I have lost.

It's now after three and I just wanna sleep. I plug my dead phone into the charger then I climb into bed. I pull my blanket up to my chin, rubbing my feet together to get warm. I wonder what Niall is doing right now, he hasn't called me since last night. Tomorrow I will go see him and we will straighten this out. I close my eyes as I think of what would have happened if I didn't choose Niall, or any of them for that matter. Would I still be single? Or would I be with someone who would be here with me?

I scold myself for thinking that way, Niall makes me happy and I love him with my whole heart. I always will love him.

•••

The next morning I wake up and it's noon already. I debate with myself, saying that it's beneficial staying in bed all day but I have to get up and talk to the coach. Not talk with her, but give my spot up as caption. I stay in bed for a while longer then I eventually get up. I throw on a pair of fabric shorts and a t-shirt. I go to grab my phone and my eyes shoot to the hand marks around my wrist. They are deeply bruised and highly noticeable. They didn't even hurt that bad though. I guess I just bruise easily. I pull Niall's hoodie over my head to cover the bruises as I head over to the administrative building where Amanda's office is. The walk is longer than I expected but I'm relieved when I find her door already opened. She's leaning back on her chair with her feet are propped up on her desk. As I look closer, she is reading the local newspaper. I lightly knock on the door and her eyes move up to look at me.

"Hi Leah, it's nice to see you. Come on in." She gleams. I walk in, pulling the door closed behind me.

"What brings you here?" She asks, flopping her feet down to the ground as I sit infront of her desk.

"I'm here to... I just... I can't.." I stumble with my words.

"There are better people on the squad that could be the captain. I can't accept the position as it." I finally am able to say and she frowns.

"Who told you to do this?" Wow she's good.

"N-nobody."

"That's a lie. I can get that person expelled if they are blackmailing you. Which it seems to be happening."

"Did Shelby call you?" I ask her and she nods.

"I don't want to cause any drama okay? I don't want to be captain. That's it. Give it to Alyssa and I'll take her spot."

I have to admit I'm furious at Shelby. I knew she would do something.

"Are you sure you want to do this?" She asks again and I nod, standing to me feet. I begin to walk to the door and she stop at the sound of her voice.

"I'm very disappointed in you Leah, I was expecting a lot from you to bring the team around." Her voice is uneasy. I lower my head walking out of her office.

I text Niall on my way to my car, tell him I'm coming over to talk to him. To talk things out and he promised to be home. I decide to stop and see my father, I haven't seen him in a week and I promised to stop by sooner which I didn't. Another promise broken. An hour later I pull into the rehab center and I quickly walk in, expecting to make only a short visit.

When I go to the main desk, I sign in and I wait for her to write me a name tag. The lady stares at my name, holding then pen in her hand then gently sets it down on the table. She glance up at me then pages the doctor to come to the from desk. When he sees me, his eyes are full of pity and I know what's coming. I feel a lump in my throat form and my heart bets rapidly.

I will not cry.... I repeat in my head as he approaches me.
----------------------------------------------
Sorry it's short... Longer chapter next update I promise...

What do you think is gonna happen? With Louis? Her dad??