Chapter 70

Sorry for the wait:/

The word broken can be used as an adjective or a verb and can be used for multiple things. As an adjective it means not functioning properly, that is me. As a verb it means to be ruined or to be destroyed, that's me. A plate could fall and be broken, or a computer could not work and it would be broken. Or you could be like me, to the point where you don't want to talk, eat, sleep, or breathe. Once you get to that point like me, you are broken.

Day one was one of the worst days. I woke up in the middle of the night to find my body sprawled out across the couch with a blanket on top of me and a pillow under my head. Liam laid on the floor sleeping with his arms tucked underneath of his neck. He had red streaks down his face from his tears, I feel bad. My eyes glanced across the room and Louis is sleeping on the much smaller couch, snoring lightly. And I just sat there as I stared at the ceiling.

The day went by slowly, words unspoken from my mouth. I sat in silence all day with my knees pulled into my chest. Once Liam woke up later on in the morning, he sat beside me and tried to carry a conversation with me. And I couldn't feel more horrible as I couldn't speak back to him, I didn't have any words to say. He tried to make me eat, but I refused as I just stared at the floor.

Most of the day, the boys stayed in the living room with me as we watched a movie. Correction, as they watched a movie. Liam never left me alone unless it was to get something to eat or to the bathroom, Louis did the same. Occasionally I would catch one of them staring at my face but I knew it was because I probably had a huge bruise on my cheek.

Day two Niall came back. He walked into the door and his eyes shoot to me where I was sitting in the same exact spot that I was two nights ago. He came over to me and tried to talk to me even though the boys screamed at him to go away. I ignored him though as I just stared beyond him. After Liam's temper rose, Liam grabbed him by the back of his hoodie and forced him away from me. Niall kept pushing the issue and kept asking what was wrong with me. Eventually, Liam pulled him out of the room and I guessed he told him. Then afterwards Niall never bothered me again. But I did end up eating for the first time in a day and a half.

Later that night Liam told me that I had to get a shower or something. I agreed by it and he have me a pair of sweatpants and a t-shirt to wear. When I looked in the mirror, my cheek was a deep purple and black color. One of the worst bruises I have ever gotten. After I pulled my hoodie off, my eyes shot straight to my wrists and they were deeply bruised around them from the main bounding my hands together.

The memory popped back into my head as he threw me onto the bed. I pushed the thoughts back then him crying comes into my head. My question was always why did he cry, but I'll never know and I don't want to. He was so gently as his hand caressed my bruised cheek after he hit me and the way he kissed me. His voice was clear in my mind, he disguised it but when he cursed to himself when he cut me on accident, it was his real voice. I know that voice but I don't know where from.

After my shower, I pulled the clothes on that Liam gave me over my aching body. I left my hair down and I walked out of the bathroom. Liam sat in front of the door but quickly stood up as I walked out.

"You all good?" He asked me and I nod. His eyes were caught on my bruises wrists and I hid them behind my back as I put my head down. He grabbed my dirty clothes and puts them in the hamper before speaking again.

"Ready to go downstairs?" His voice cracked as he is on the verge of crying but he tried to kept it together.

I put my index finger up to tell him to hold on a second. I disappeared down the hallway and I turned the door handle to go into Louis room. I walked over to his closet and I grabbed the navy blue hoodie that I became fond of. I slid it on before I went back with Liam. When I walked downstairs behind Liam, everyone's eyes shot to me and my eyes met Louis's. He gave me a small nod and warming small as if he was to say it was okay that I stole his hoodie again.

Day three was the worst. The police called and wanted to get a statement out of me. Liam told them I wasn't talking and it wasn't the right time but they didn't care. Liam and Louis took me to the police station, pulling around to the back so nobody saw them or me. When we walked in, we all went into a room with a police officer as they began to interrogate me.

"So what happened to you Miss?" The man asked me and I was silent.

"I told you. You are just wasting your time." Liam snapped at him and the man rolled his eyes.

"Come on, you have to talk to us." He pushed and I closed my eyes.

"Watch it." Louis threatened.

"Okay how about this, I'll ask you a series of questions and you just nod yes or shake your head no." He came halfway with me.

I open my eyes and I slightly nodded as I made eye contact with him.

"So this happened Thursday night around ten right? And it was a male right?" He asked me.

I nodded.

"What were you doing when the man came into the dorm? Where you doing your homework or studying?"

I shook my head no.

"Where you in the shower?"

I nodded and I heard Liam take a deep breath in.

"Did you hear the man come in?"

I shook my head no.

"Did you see his face?"

I shook my head no once again and the man frowned.

"How didn't you?"

I pointed up to the lights on the ceiling.

"He turns off the lights?"

I nodded.

He asked a few more questions as the memories pelted my head.

"Did he ra.. Did he take advantage of you?" The mans asked and I closed my eyes as I felt tears flood into them.

I nodded one last time then I stood up, walking to the door.

"Ma'am we aren't done yet." He said and Liam stopped as Louis walks out with me.

"You are done for today." Liam informed the man as Louis and I headed out to the car.

"Are you okay?" He asked me and I shook my head as I began to cry again.

"Come here." He whispered as he extended his arms out to me. I pulled away from him as I made him frown.

"I won't hurt you." He promised as he wrapped his arms around my shaking body caused by his slightest touch.

Day four was bad too. For the first time ever I thought about killing myself. It would be easier than this, I wouldn't have to worry about anyone else hurting me. But I couldn't do that to Liam, I don't want to hurt Liam. He doesn't deserve it.

That's the day I finally realized that I'm broken, so badly that I started to cut myself.

I broke down that day in the shower and I couldn't stop myself. I sat down in the bottom of the shower as I grabbed the razor off of the edge and I grazed it across the bare skin on my wrists.

Day five was the worst day for Liam and I wish I could take it back for what I did. He heard me crying while I was in the shower and came in, catching me cut myself.

"Oh my god Leah." Tears immediately poured out of his eyes as he grabbed the razor out of my hands.

"Don't you ever do that again! Do you understand me!" He raised his voice at me and I flinched away. I then nodded at him in consent.

The guilt spreader across his face as he saw me flinch.

"Come on, get out so I can make your cuts stop bleeding." He said in a flat tone, trying to hold back his tears.

Hours went by and I woke up in the middle of the night to find Liam no where in sight. I caught the sound of his voice in the kitchen. I walked to the corner then I stopped when I heard my name being mentioned.

"I caught Leah cutting herself." Liam cried.

"Wait what?" Louis's voice trembled.

"Yeah I know. I don't know what to do Louis. I want her to get better. These last five days have been hell. She hasn't been eating, talking, and barely looking anywhere but the ground." Liam sobbed and then I began to cry.

"I'm just glad Zayn called me and told me what happened. She will come around. We just have to keep trying." Louis reassured him.

At that moment I realized I wasn't hurting anyone more than I was Liam. All that time I told myself I wouldn't let dad hurt him, but in reality I'm the one hurting him the worst.

Today is day six. I wake up to the sunlight coming through the blinds of the living room. I sit up and I can hear everyone talking in the kitchen. I pull Louis's hoodie sleeve up, exposing my bandaged wrist. Then I pull the sleeve down as I head into the kitchen.

I walk in and all five of them are talking but then their eyes are on me. Liam's back is towards me and he freezes. He slowly turns around as his eyes meet mine. He gives me a warming smile and I return a small one. I walk over to the cabinet and I grab a box of cereal. I debate if I want to sit at the table but I feel like I'll be overwhelmed. I pour my dry cereal into the bowl and I grab a spoon. I glance up and everyone is still watching me but quickly looks away as they see me notice them staring.

I return the cereal box and I walk over to the refrigerator. I sit down in front of it with my back against the door of it. They watch me for a few moments before going back to talking. Liam stands up with his bowl of cereal and sits down beside me.

"Remember when I was scared to death of spoons?" He whispers and I nod in response.

"I remember when you used to chase me around the house with one. Then the one day when I woke up you had spoons taped all over my body and I was screaming then you told me to look that they weren't hurting me. Then that's when I wasn't afraid anymore." He laughs and I laugh lightly.

"But I still got grounded for a month." My voice comes out low as it is interrupted with my small laugh.

His eyes widen at me as I speak for the first time in the last five days. Not for me, for him and only him. I won't hurt him anymore. I look up and everyone has their eyes on me. I become very uncomfortable and I stand up. I put my bowl in the sink then I make my way back to the living room. I tried, but I want to be alone.

"Didn't your mums teach you not to stare for gods sake!" Louis scolds them from the kitchen.

I sit down on the couch and I pull my knees up to my chest. I rest my chin on my knee caps as everyone slowly enters the room.

"Louis is going to go to the dorms and get your things." Liam tells me and I stand up.

"I'll come." I say and Liam and Louis both frown at me.

"You don't have to. We understand why you wouldn't want to." Louis reassures me and I shake my head.

"I'm going." I declare.

"Are you sure you are okay to go back to the room after what happened?" Niall's says and I shoot my head towards him. Well obviously he doesn't know how to not make people upset.

I feel my heart ache as I walk out of the house bare footed, I mean I don't have any shoes here. Louis and Liam are hot on my tail. Liam unlocks his car door and I climb into the back seat.

"You can sit up front." Louis offers and I decline his offer.

The driver was long and I end up putting my window down after getting carsick half of the way there. When we get there, I get out and they follow me. It's a Thursday so mostly everyone is in class. Louis and Liam walk on each side of me. When we get to my door, I stop for a moment before walking in.

"Are you sure?" Liam whispers and I nod.

I stop right before I open the door as I hear yelling inside. I open the door and I push it to find Alyssa and Nick yelling at each other. Their eyes shoot to me and Alyssa grins.

"Look who is back." She snickers.

Liam and Louis come out from behind me and her mouth falls open.

"You better fucking watch what you say because I won't think twice before hitting you even if you are a girl." Liam threatens her. I look beside me and his hands are now in fists.

"Are you okay?" Nick asks me and I don't say anything as he rising to his feet.

He walks towards me and right before he reaches me, I flinch away and I see the hurt in his eyes. He reaches his hand out to touch me but Liam cuts him off.

"Don't touch her, she obviously doesn't want you to if you can't tell." Louis informs Nick.

"I was just making sure she is okay. I heard what happened, well everyone did. I tried calling her but she wouldn't pick up." Nick runs his hands over his face.

My eyes look over to the floor and my phone is under the bed.

"Stop trying Nick." Alyssa scoffs and he snaps his head towards her.

"Shut the hell up Alyssa. I'm tired of your shit." He shouts at her then turns back to look at me.

"Leah listen to me, please call me when you are up to it." He whispers to me and I don't reply, not moving an inch.

"Let's go." Nick orders Alyssa and she stomps out with him following her.

Alyssa then stops beside me and leans in towards me. I inch away from her before words come out of her mouth.

"Broken I see." She taunts loud enough for only me to hear then leaves for good.

"I don't like him. He's an ass." Louis admits and Liam laughs.

"You know the real reason why you don't like him." Liam whispers to him.

"Come on Leah, let's get your stuff." Liam says and I freeze as my eyes see the bed.

"I can't." I shake my head.

"It's okay, go over my the door and we will get your things then we can leave." Liam tells me and I walk away, standing by the door while I wait for them to finish.

When they finish, I have about three bags full. Liam carries two of them and Louis carries another.

"Here's your boots to wear." Louis says as he hands them to me.

I slide my shoes on and I feel a piece of paper crumble under my toes. I quickly pull my boot off and I reach my hand down in to grab the letter Louis wrote to me. I smooth it out and I refold it in fours before I put it back into Louis's hoodie pocket. I pull my eyes up and they both are watching me. I make eye contact with Louis and he just stares at me.

"Were you throwing up?" Liam asks and I lie as I shake my head no.

"Okay good. I just saw a garbage can full with puke in the bathroom. It must have been your roommate." Liam says and I nod.

We walk over to the door and as Liam opens it, a bunch of cameras and reporters are being shoved in our faces. This is the first time I ever came up face to face with a report and I can see why Liam gets so frustrated.

"Liam Liam! Who is the girl you are with?"

"Louis is she your new girlfriend?"

"Liam are you cheating on Anna?"

The reports scream bunch of questions that make my head spin. I forgot Liam never introduced me as his sisters to anyone.

"Can you are please get out of the way!" Liam shouts at them as he pushes through the crowd. I follow close behind him as Louis stands behind me as he pushes everyone away. I flinch towards Liam as every reporter tries to grab onto me.

"Liam just answer the question! Who is this mysterious girl?" The reporter asks as he stops Liam, not letting him move.

"Liam make them stop." I cry against his back as one grabs onto my arm.

"She's my sister okay! Don't touch her!" He yells as he shoves the man back that had a hold of my arm.

As soon as we get out of the crowd, I look back to find Alyssa and Adriana by the reports as they smirk towards me.

We quickly get to the car and I climb into the back as girls pace towards us to take pictures with Liam and Louis. Liam speeds off before they reach our car.

I close my eyes as my headache magnifies and becomes worse.

"I'm sorry Leah." Liam's voice is low and I don't have to open my eyes to see that he is crying.

I am broken.
----------------------------------------------
Comments?!

Sorry I haven't updated in a while, I just finished "Can We Change For Each Other?" And I will try to update again on Sunday!

SORRY FOR THE WAIT :)

Where does everyone live? What time is it there?!:)