Chapter 67

The week goes by slowly, too slowly. School is horrid and the days are long even though four out of five days I only have two classes each day. I haven't gone back to see Erik, which I should have. My shoulder has been getting better, besides the bruising. My new thing is getting this horrible headaches and nose bleeds, can't they stop already?

And nor have I seen anyone. I have been spacing myself out from people. I have come to realize you can never trust anyone, no matter how much you love someone they will end up hurting you. No matter what they say, even through all the promises they won't be there for you.

Today for classes I have sociology with bitch number one and public speaking with bitch number two. At least I have Nick with me in one class. I do feel bad for blocking him out, but I can't help it. He still waits for me before we go to one of our classes together, but barely any words are spoken between us as we walk down the hallways together each and every day.

I walk into sociology class and Alyssa's eyes shoot to me. I quickly put my head down as I walk to the back of the classroom. She huffs and I don't need to look at her to see that she is rolling her eyes. I sit down in the back by myself as Ms. Clayton walks into the room.

"Nice to see you all again for our second day of class. Could you all get back together with the partners I assigned you with on Thursday?" She asks and everyone gets up to move. Everyone but Alyssa.

"I refuse to work with her again." She pouts to our teacher.

"Alyssa, I'm going to tell you one more time. You work with her or you drop out of the class. It is as simply as that." Ms. Clayton stands her ground and Alyssa stomps over to me then takes a seat beside me.

"I'm going to pass out a piece of paper and I want you and your partner to turn to chapter two. I want you to read the lecture then fill out the study guide." She tells us while she passes out the papers to each group.

Ms. Clayton explains the worksheet to us and I open the book to the second chapter which is titled Communication. I turn to Alyssa who is now texting on her phone.

"I hope you know that I'm not only doing this. You have to help." I inform her and she shakes her head.

"How is your shoulder doing?" She asks, totally uninterested in the question as she continues to text.

"It's fine." I mutter.

"That's good. If you try to do this competition next weekend, I will make sure you fall again but on purpose this time." She gives me a wicked smile.

"Why are you like this towards me?" I flat out ask her and she laughs.

"Because I hate you. I know you are on the verge of breaking, I can tell just by the way you have been acting. If one more thing would happen, and you would break like this.." She finished her sentence by snapping her fingers in front of me.

My mind is swimming with thoughts. Is she right? I won't break anymore will I?

I shake my head at her and she laughs, pulling her attention up to Ms. Clayton as she walks over to us.

"Leah you are wanted in the medical center now, Alyssa will finish the worksheet." She says to us.

"Really?" Alyssa huffs and our teacher gives her a look.

"Yes really." I hold in my laugh as I get up and walk out the door to head to see Erik.

The walk was long and I spent at least fifteen minutes until I got there. I open the door and I walk in to find Erik standing with his arms crossed.

"Why haven't you stopped by at all in the last week?" He asks and I shrug my shoulders.

"Because I've been busy." I mutter and I sit on the small bed.

"Is it still sore?" He asks me and I nod.

I pull my hoodie off, leaving me in a tank top. He stands in front of me and he frowns. He grabs my arm and tries to move my shoulder in circular motion, and it's much better. I almost have full motion back in it.

"Have you been cheering?"

"No."

"You arm is more bruised, and it's weird because you have almost all of your motion back in it." He tells me as he pushes on it, making me flinch away from him.

"That hurts I hope you know. And my head hurts like hell." I tell him and he laughs.

"Yes I know. The swelling has gone down, but have you been putting ice on it?" He questions and I'm silent.

"I'll take that as I no. You need to Leah or it will get worse."

"Okay." I sigh.

"No I mean it." I repeats as he helps me slide my hoodie back on.

I talk with Erik a while longer, and by the time I leave my next class is already halfway done. When I eventually get into the auditorium, I look for Nick and he is sitting in the same spot we always sit. I start towards Nick but the teacher stops me.

"Leah, can I have your pass?" Mr. Altman asks and I nod.

I walk up to the front of the room and I hand it to him. When I turn around, everyone's eyes are glued onto me. I ignore them and I walk to the back, taking a seat next to Nick. He looks at me with concern washed over his face.

"Are you okay?" He whispers and I slightly nod, unsure if I am or not.

He reaches over and puts his hand on me knee. I look over at him and his eyes are fixed onto Mr. Altman. His hand then stays there the whole class, even if I try to push it off he just puts it back up on me knee. So I eventually give up.

After class, we walk out of the auditorium and Nick stops me by the doors.

"What's wrong? And don't you dare tell me that nothing is." His voice is stern and I shake my head.

"It's just I.." I begin to say but I'm cut off.

"Nick!" Alyssa squeals and wraps her arms around his neck.

"We need to talk." She says to him with a big smile on her face.

"But right now I'm talking to Le.." He begins to say but he is cut off by her.

He is surprised by her action and she smashes her lips into his. Nick tries to push her off to talk to me but she wraps her arms around him tighter. I roll my eyes and I begin to walk away. I know it was all show.

My phone begins to ring and I pick it up.

"Hello?"

"Hey it's Liam." He sounds nervous as his voice is barely heard through the phone.

"Hey." I sigh unsure what to say.

"Umm.. I am back in the UK and I wanted to know if I could meet up with you. I need to talk to you about something." He says and I feel like he is upset or worried about something.

I hope Anna is okay, I hope the baby is okay. I hope he isn't have doubts about his relationship with her because she is pregnant. I must have been to quiet for too long because Liam speaks up once again.

"I know you are still upset with me and I know you don't want to be around me, but I need you Leah." He voice is desperate.

I sigh in defeat, I don't care what our issues are right now.

"Okay, where do you want to meet at?"

"I was wondering if you could just came back to the flat. I had fans all over me today as I got off the planes." He says me and I can tell he is running his hands over his face.

I know for a fact that I do not want to go back to that flat. Never again. After what happened there last weekend, I don't want to relive the memories as I'm trying to move past them. But Niall just can't seem to disappear from my head.

"Is there anywhere else we could go?"

"Please Leah? The boys aren't around, it's just going to be us." He begs me.

"Okay, I'm on my way." I tell him as I hang up the phone and I walk to my car.

The hour ride takes to long and the whole time I think of the worst reason for Liam to be upset. I keep going back to the baby, I pray it isn't because of that.

When I pull in, only Liam's car is in the driveway. I'm thankful, one less thing I have to be worried about. I pull around to the back of the flat to make sure nobody else was back there then I park the car. I climb out of the car and I walk around the front of the house and up to door. I stop for a minute to pull myself together.

Don't cry Leah. Liam needs you, just don't think about what happened last week, my self conscious tells me as I get courage to knock on the door.

It immediately opens and I feel arms wrap around me. Liam hugs me tightly as he sniffle his nose. He pulls away and his eyes are bloodshot.

"Thank you for coming." He whispers and I nod.

"Can we go upstairs?" He asks and I pause for a minute before giving him permission.

We walk upstairs and my eyes go immediately to Niall's room. I bite the inside of my cheek to stop myself from crying as the image of him in bed with Miranda pops into my head. I follow Liam into his room and he shuts the door behind us. I sit down on one side of the bed and he does the same on the other side

"What's wrong Liam?" I ask and he looks down at his hands.

"Anna is.." He trails off, burying his face into his hands.

"She's pregnant." He voice cracks, still hiding his face from me. I reach over and I put my hand on his shoulder.

"Don't you want a baby with her?" I ask him.

"I do, I'm just.." He trails off again. I grab his hands and I pull them down to his lap. His face is has tears stained into his cheeks and his eyes are redder than before.

"It's okay, you can talk to me." I whisper and he nods.

"I don't want to turn out like him." He breaks down again and begins to cry once more.

"Like who?"

"D-dad.." He stutters and my heart immediately feels for him.

"You won't Liam. You won't be like him." I promise him as I wrap my arms around my brother.

"But what if I am?" He asks me and I pull his face up to look at me.

"Stop right now. You have the most caring heart I have ever met. You need to stop." I tell him and he shakes his head.

"I let dad hurt you. I don't have a caring heart." He cries.

"Liam, I'm still upset about it and yes I haven't fully forgave you yet, but you won't hurt your children. You are going to be a wonderful dad. The best in fact." I swear to him and he nods. He wraps his arms around me and hugs me.

"I love you Leah." He sobs and I feel my eyes begin to water.

"I love you too." I whisper back to him.

"What did you say to Anna when she told you?" I ask him as I pull away from his and I sit closer to him than before for comfort. I pray he didn't upset her.

"I was really happy at first, I still am but I got to thinking about dad and I was so afraid that I would turn out like him. I needed to talk to someone and you were the first person I thought of first because I know I trust you more than anyone." He tells me and I can't help but smile.

"I will always be here for you." I say to him and he smiles.

"Also Anna is almost done with her classes so about in a week or two we are going to come back here. She wants to be close to you so you can help her with the wedding planning."

"Wait! When are you getting married?"

"Well the baby is due in July, and we want to be married before the baby is born. Maybe in April?"

"You know that's right around the corner right? November just started this week." I tell him and he nods.

"I know I know. That's why we need to get everything planned out." He says, running his hands through his hair from being overwhelmed.

"Hey it's okay, I'll help." I promise to him and he smiles back.

"You have no clue how much it means to me Leah." He tells me.

"I know." I smile and he jumps up to his feet.

"Let's go downstairs and order pizza." He suggest and I laugh, nodding my head.

I follow him downstairs and a sound catches my attention. It sounds like a tv. My heart breaks even more when we reach the bottom of the steps. Zayn and Harry are sitting on the floor, Louis has Adriana on his lap on one couch, and Niall has Miranda between his legs with his arms wrapped around her. My heart must have stopped as everyone eyes shoot up to look at me, them all in shock to see me here. I look at Miranda and I can't help but finally get a good look at her. She has dark brown hair and brown eyes. She is skinny with a smaller bust than me. She looks around my age and she looks innocent. My eyes are tore off of her as Liam gapes.

"Who the hell is that?" Liam gestures towards Miranda.

I glance over and Niall's eyes are on me. My eyes meet his as I see them become glossy, him on the verge of crying.

"Leah what is going on?" Liam asks me and I turn my face up to look at him.

"It's nothing." I say and I hear Adriana snort.

"Oh okay, it was nothing." She laughs.

"Shut up." Louis says to her, immediately shutting her up and I'm done.

"No, go ahead Louis. Let her say whatever she wants to, it's not like you wanted to stand up for me the other night when she made me look like an ass in front of Nick." I snap him and his mouth parts as the words roll off my tongue.

"Who is Nick?" Niall asks but immediately regrets it as he covers his mouth, trying to rewind and take the words back.

"He is one of my friends that actually care about me, someone who is always there for me," I pause for a second to look at Louis then I look back at Niall,"and it's none of your business anyways. You are out of my life since last week." I tell him off and I hear Harry chuckle.

"What happened last week?" Liam asks me and I roll my eyes. I debate if I want to expose Niall and say that I walked in on them, or if I want to make it as simple as possible and just say I ended things.

"I ended things with him. I found out that he wasn't trustworthy enough." Is all I say to Liam and Adriana aka the bitch snorts again.

"You seem willingly to open your big mouth, so spill." Liam says to Adriana.

Adriana looks over to Niall then to me as she grins.

"She walked in on Niall and Miranda having sex." The words fall from her mouth and Liam's face turns red almost instantly.

"Are you kidding me!" Liam screams, stalking over to Niall and grabs him by the shirt.

"Give me one reason why I should beat the shit out of you." Liam yells at him and I laugh.

"The funny thing is Liam, he doesn't have one. He screwed up and he knows it." I tell him and Liam turns to me to finish. Miranda looks desperate as she looks over to me, practically begging me to stop Liam.

"Don't waste your time beating the shit out of him anyways, he's not worth it. I wouldn't surprise if he messes up again."

Liam huffs at my response and it takes everything in him to let go of Niall. He walks over to my side and he shakes his head.

"You are coming upstairs with me now." His voice is stern as he stomps up the steps. I give them all one more look as I step up.

"Leah.." Niall's voice comes out weak and I put my hand up to stop him from speaking.

"You have nothing else to say to me, except for thank you. I should have let him beat the shit out of you, but I didn't do it for you. I did it for Miranda." I say as I start up the stairs again but I stop one last time.

"And Niall, don't break her heart like you did to mine. No girl deserves it." I finish, then I head up to Liam's room.

Once I get up with him, he makes me explain everything. And I do, between every little word exchanged between Niall and me to the boys knowing the whole time. After he knows everything, I can see the temper rise in his but all I do is post his back.

"That explains so much, definitely why everyone was so angry when you picked him."

"Just ignore him. Yes I'm still heart broken and every time I see him I want to cry, but I'm trying to move on. And I can't do that if you beat him up." I say and Liam just laughs.

"You don't know how half tempted I am."

"Just think about how your little boy or girl is growing every second of the day. I'm sure that will make your forget." I smile and his face lights up as it glows.

All of a sudden, my nose begins to tingle and blood comes gushing out down on my hoodie.

"Oh my god." Liam gasps as he grabs a shirt off the floor and holds it up to my nose.

Within minutes the bleeding stop. After I clean myself up, Liam frowns at me.

"What's going on?" He asks and I sigh.

"I don't know, I've been getting nose bleeds and headaches." I admit and he looks worried.

"You should go to the doctors." He suggest as he rises to his feet and walks over to his dresser.

"I'll be fine." I reassure him and he hands me a t-shirt.

"Here, wear this so you aren't walking out with blood on you."

"Um, do you have a long sleeve shirt?" I ask and he frowns once again.

"Why?" He questions and shrug. I pull off my hoodie, exposing my bruised shoulder.

"Before you freak out, I fell at cheer and I dislocated my shoulder." I quickly add before he assumes that someone did it to me.

"Why is it so bruised?" He gasps.

"I don't know. It's weird but bodies heal different ways." I tell him and he hands me a long sleeve shirt. I slide it over my head and he takes my hoodie out of my hands.

"You should go to the doctors." He pushes and I roll my eyes.

"Liam I'm fine." I mutter but he doesn't look too convinced.

"Promise me you will."

"I promise I will Liam." I swear just to please him.

After I talk with Liam, I end up leaving. On my way back to campus, I get a text message from Nick to meet me at Starbucks and I do. When I arrive, he is sitting in our normal booth with my usual sitting in front of him. His hands are folded on top of the table and his eyes are glued to them. I sit down across from him and he pushes my frappé towards me, without pulling his eyes up.

"Leah, I need to talk to you." His voice his low.

"Okay." I nod as I put the straw between my lips.

"I don't want to be friends with you anymore." He says and my mouth falls open.

"W-what?" I stutter.

"I'm tired of your crap." He whispers and I feel my eyes threatened with tears.

"Did Alyssa put you up to this?" I ask him and he sighs, still not looking up at me.

"No."

"Stop your lying! I know you too well Nick!" I yell at him and his head shoots up. His eyes are red and full of tears.

"I'm not. I'm done with you. Don't talk to me anymore and don't call me." He quickly says before he starts crying and stands up, walking away.

Every step he moves away from me, the more and more I know I have nobody but Liam. Nobody.
----------------------------------------------
Comments?? Pleaseee? Vote?

Yay to a long chapter!