Chapter 63

The next morning, I wake up and I start my first class in two hours. I haven't even looked at my schedule yet, I'm so unprepared. This makes me think of Anna, she would kick my butt if she knew that I was prepared like she would be. I roll myself out of bed and I look over to the other bed parallel to me. It is empty so Alyssa didn't come back last night, what a relief. I have the bathroom all to myself. I walk into the bathroom and I'm horrified from what I see.

There's dried up blood around my nose, I must have had another nose bleed. I wipe my face off with soap after I turn on my curling iron. The blonde coloring in my hair has faded a lot over the last several months, leaving my hair back at its natural hair color of brown. I loosely curly the ends of my hair, letting them fall past my bust. I clip half of it back, then I add light makeup over my face. I decide to wear white capris and a light pink shirt with quarter sleeves.

By the time I'm done getting ready, I have about thirty minutes left. I'm happy the courses give you the books in class, so I don't physically have to go out and buy them. The great thing about getting a full scholarship here is that my books and my dorm is fully paid for. So all I have to pay from is school materials, clothing, and food.

I finally pull my schedule out, and I begin to panic as I read off my classes.

Period 1: Psychology
Period 2: Philosophy
Period 3: Literature 2
Period 4: Calculus 2

*Two hour break*

Period 5: Writing
Period 6: Sociology

My heart sinks as I see what my period 7 says, and I just want to quit college right now.

Period 7: Public Speaking

I hate talking infront of people, it makes me so nervous talking to people I have no clue who they are.

There's a light knock on my door and I walk over to open it.

"Hey did you get your schedule yet?" Shelby exclaims and I nod laughing, then I hand her mine.

She compares our schedules together with a frown on her face then looks up at me.

"You have no classes with me." She sighs.

"It's probably because you're smarter than me."

"Um, no. You are in mostly sophomore and junior classes. You're the one who is smart." He informs me and I roll my eyes as I follow her out of my dorm.

We walk together until we get to the main building then we depart our ways. I find my first room and I'm delighted when I see Melanie sitting by herself in the back. I walk up and she smiles widely at me. I take a seat next to her.

"I'm so glad I'm not the only person in here, I have no clue who anyone else is." She says in relief and I laugh.

"Me too, I didn't want to be a freshman in here."

"What you just started college?" She gasps and I frown.

"Yeah? Didn't you?"

"No, I'm a junior. I just transferred over here from the US."

"What? I knew you came over here but I didn't know you are a junior." I shake my head and she laughs.

"Why did you stop halfway through the college over there to come here?" I ask her and she looks uncertain to what to say.

"I had family issues at home." She whispers to me.

I desperately want to ask her if the same thing that happened to me happened to her, but I won't. Because I know I would never want anyone to ask me.

First period goes smoothly and I had Philosophy with Mel, and I was so happy I knew someone. Literature I had with nobody and then it was time for calculus. I walk in and I'm one of the very first people so I decide to sit in the back. More and more people walk in, I don't know anyone. As the bell rings, the teacher stands in up from his desk. He is in his mid thirties I'm guessing.

"Hello class, I'm Mr. And.." He is cut off by someone stumbling into the door.

"I'm sorry I'm late." As familiar tattooed person walks in.

"That's no excuse Mr. Johnson, I will not have you late everyday like last year." The teacher tells Nick.

"Yes Mr. Anderson, I'll make sure I sleep all class like last year."

"Whatever." The teacher scoffs.

Nick rolls his eyes and scans the room. His eyes widen with a smile when he spots me and sits down beside me.

"Hey Buttercup!" He chirps and I laugh.

"Hey Nick."

"Why are you in this class?" He asks as Mr. Anderson talks to the rest of the class.

"Because I can be." I remark and he laughs.

"Nick, stop flirting with my new student. I wouldn't want her to fail like you did last time." Mr. Anderson interrupts us and I feel my cheeks burn.

"Don't worry, she won't fail." Nick tells him and I look away as I feel the whole class watch us.

I'm happy I have a class with him, I didn't expect it since he's a junior but I also find out that I have public speaking with him which makes me feel a little more comfortable knowing one person. Writing goes by smoothly and I actually enjoy that class. Right now we have to write our own story die by the end of the second semester. It has to be original and 200 pages in the format of a small book. It shouldn't be that big of a deal, I already have something in mind.

I walk into sociology and I immediately want to walk out.

"Ew look what the cat dragged in." She laughs and I roll my eyes.

"Nice to see you too Alyssa." I snap, walking to the opposite end of the room from her.

Our teacher introduces herself as Ms. Clayton, she must be in her fifties. She looks like a sweet old lady.

"Okay so for today, we are going to get to know each other. Since we already had a little cat fight, I'm going to pick partners." She tells us, exchanging glances between Alyssa and me.

She calls off a bunch of names, leaving me for last to be paired with.. you guessed it, Alyssa.

"I refuse to work with her." Alyssa says to Ms. Clayton.

"Then you can walk right out this door and never come back." She snaps at Alyssa and she sighs in defeat. She dramatically stands up and walks over to me.

"Hi I'm Leah. Do you want to know about me? Here I'll tell you." She smirks as she sits up.

This should be great.

"I'm a freshman here and I was the captain of the cheer squad until I quit. My father raped me, many times and.." Before she could finish I stop her.

"Hi I'm Alyssa. I'm a bitch as you must can tell and I love wearing skimpy clothes. Look how big my boobs are! Wanna know the secret? I stuff them with tissues! I love to hurt people and boss them around. I fuck every boy and I have every STD in the book! And I cheat on N.." She immediately stands up and stalks up to the front to Ms. Clayton.

"I quit." She yells, then stomps out the door.

Everyone turns to look at me and I stare down at my hands, trying to block them out.

The rest of the class was torturous, I receive dirty looks the rest of students. When the bell rings, I'm the first one out the door and I surprised when I see Nick standing outside of the room I was just in.

"Stalking me much?" I ask as I walk past him and he catches up to me.

"Maybe.. Just kidding, I had free time. Ready for pubic speaking?" He asks and I bust out laughing.

"Not pubic! Publ-lic." I laugh and his laugh blends together with mine.

"I know, I was seeing if you were paying attention to me or if you were blocking me out." He chuckles and I shake my head.

"I hate college it's so weird. Like my days are messed up." I shake my head.

"You will get used to it."

"I have all seven periods on Thursdays then the rest of the week my classes are spread out for like two classes a day." I tell him and he nods.

"Mine is like that too, it's confusing but it will get easier." He reassures me as we continue to walk.

Our public speaking class is in the auditorium, so we have a big stage to talk on. I hate it. I follow nick down the aisle. Most everyone is here already, sitting in the front. Nick directs me to the back of the front section so nobody is sitting behind us. I push down the bottom of my seat and I sit down on the padded cushion. He does the same then puts his feet up onto the seats infront of us.

"Get your feet down, it's rude." I scold him and he rolls his eyes.

"Yes mother." He playfully says.

"Okay class, I'm Mr. Altman and I'm your public speaking teacher. I'm going to call off all of your names and say here when present." He tells us as he pulls out a clip board and a pen.

He calls out numerous names, all of them I never heard of. When he calls Nick's name, Nick screams "here" at the top of his lungs and I nearly pee my pants.

"Leah Payne?" He calls next and I raise my hand.

"Here." I say just loud enough for him to hear me.

Just then, a familiar blonde turns around. My eyes catches hers, I just can't quite put who she is. She looks so familiar, I know her from somewhere. She gives me a dirty look then turns back around. I tear my eyes away from her and I turn to Nick who is staring at me.

"What's wrong?" He asks me and I shake my head.

"Adriana Williams?" Mr. Altman calls and my mouth must have hit the ground.

"Here." She answers him.

It's her. Louis's girlfriend. It all makes sense now. Why he froze up when I said about Oxford, the reason he was close by campus at the first place. I remember her now. I remember seeing her and Louis walk up to her house or whatever the hell it is.

"Is it true you are dating Louis Tomlinson from One Direction?" Someone shouts and she turns to grin. She makes eye connect with me before nodding. I bury my face into my hands. Nick shakes me and I pull my face up to look at him.

"What's wrong?" He asks me.

"That girl is dating the guy I was talking to at Starbucks." I whisper to him.

"Wait he's famous?" He gapes and I nod.

"And she's the one that made him never talk to me again." I explain.

"Wait, then is your boyfriend from that band too?" He asks me.

"Yes."

"Then why doesn't anyone notice you when you walk down the halls?" He questions me.

"We keep it a secret, we don't want people all over us. Also, if people found out, then they would know my brother is from the band too."

"And why can't they know about it? I mean by you being related?"

"It's difficult." I whisper. I won't tell him. Never.

"Oh shit, Alyssa is like a huge fan of that band. I can't believe I saw him and I was talking to one of them and I didn't even realize it was him." He shakes his head in disbelief.

"You can't tell her."

"Hell, if she knew she would be fucking each and every one of them." He rolls his eyes.

After class is over, Nick and I are the last ones out of the auditorium. When we walk out of the doors, my eyes catch a blonde walking towards me. Adriana stops right infront of me and Nick stands beside me.

"Don't talk to my boyfriend again. He hates you. You broke his heart so don't expect him to want anything to do with you." She snarls and I freeze. Nick then steps infront of me.

"Leave her the hell alone." He stands up for me then she flips her hair before walking away.

But she then stops and turns to face us again.

"Hey Nick, tell Alyssa that I'll meet up with her later." She says then walks away for the last time.

"W-wait. She friends with Alyssa?" I ask him and he sighs.

"Yes."

This. Is. Just. Great. Just when I thought life couldn't get worse.
--------------------------------------------
Comment and vote :)
Sorry it's short :/

Sorry it took me forever to update, I've been really busy. Thank you to all of those who have been here for me to support me. I love you all!! :)