Chapter 73

When I call Dr. Price back, he was surprised that I wanted to make an appointment. Only if he knew I was making one just for Louis's sake. He makes me a appointment with a cancer specialist named Dr. Garcia for one in the afternoon.

By the time we get back to the building, it's twelve-thirty and the woman at the front desk gives me a big packet of papers to fill out about my symptoms and family's history. It takes a good amount of time to finish all of them and I have a tremendous head when I hand the woman the papers back.

"A nurse will be out to get you momentarily." She says and I nod as I make my way back to sit by Louis.
When I sit down, I look over and his leg is pouncing up and down.

"Nervous huh?" I ask and he lightly laughs.

"I just hope Doctor Price was wrong." He whispers.

I rest my elbow on the arm of the chair, supporting my head with my hand. I close my eyes as I begin to drift to sleep. I'm so tired.

"Leah?" Louis gently taps my shoulder and I snap my head up.

"What?"

"The nurse just called your name." He tells me and I sigh.

We walk over to the nurse that is standing by the door and she smiles, leading us to a room.

"Doctor Garcia will be in shortly." She says then leaves us alone as she shuts the door behind her.

I look over to Louis and he takes a seat next to the bed. I lift myself up and I sit down on the examination bed. I swing my feet back and forth as the hang off the edge. I glance over to Louis and his eyes lock onto mine. I get lost in his eyes as we just watch each other. The door opens up as it snaps me out of my trance.

"Hello, I'm Dr. Garcia but you already know that." The woman smiles, shaking my hand.

"I'm Leah."

"Nice to meet you. And who is this?" She questions, gesturing towards Louis.

"He's my best friend." I answer her and she nods.

"Okay so Dr. Price sent over your information and he suggests leukemia, but I want to check myself. So in a few minutes someone will come and take blood again." She says just as a man walks in.

"Is this the patient that I'm suppose to take blood from?" He asks the doctor and she nods.

"He is new so he doesn't know where the rooms are." She clarifies.

I begin to panic as the word "new" keeps replaying in my head. I swear if he misses my vein, they will be picking my passed out body off the floor.

"Leah what's wrong?" The doctor asks, my face must have showed my disgust and fear.

"You miss her vein I swear I'll beat the shit out of you." Louis threatens the male nurse and I hear the doctor chuckle. The nurse has a scared look on his face as he is intimidated.

"Protective aren't you?" Dr. Garcia teases Louis.

"You bet I am." He answers honestly.

Luckily for the nurse he didn't miss my vein and Louis seemed happy with him doing a quick job. Both of them leave to get the results and I look over to Louis.

"Protective aren't you?" I mock the doctor and he laughs.

"Oh shut up Leah." I laugh along with him and a smile stretches across his face.

"Liam keeps calling." Louis adds and I narrow my eyes at him.

"Remember this is just between us." I remind him and he nods in agreement just as the door opens back up.

"So we got your results." Dr. Garcia says as she takes a seat.

I glance over to Louis as he just as nervous as I am. I close my eyes as I say a small prayer.

"You don't have have leukemia." As the words come out of her mouth, I feel relievedp and I hear Louis let out a breath that he must have been holding in.

"But that doesn't explain why your white blood count is high. An increased amount of white blood cells are to fight off an infection or a foreigner in your body. So it's basically playing hide n go seek with us right now. But whatever and wherever it is, it's not welcomed by your body. I want you to get a CAT-scan before you leave here today and hopefully something will show up." She explains.

"So I could still have cancer but we are unsure where?" I question and she simply nods.

"How long until the results come back?" Louis asks her.

"Probably sometime in the next week, I will call you as soon as we get them." She reassures him.

"So if you come with me, we will put contrast in you and get you into testing right away. Louis you can wait in the waiting room. It will be an hour tops." She says to him and he looks at me for permission. I nod and he sighs, walking out of the room.

"That boy really cares about you." The doctor whispers to me as we head down the hallway.

All I could do is smile from her words.

I end up falling asleep during testing and the nurse had to wake me up. After I get changed, I walk back out to the waiting room. I spot Louis as his leg bounces up and down then quickly stands to his feet as he sees me.

"That was the longest hour of my life." He sighs while running his hands through his hair.

"I slept so it went pretty quick for me."

"Good for you." He teases and I can't help but laugh. His mood has changed as he becomes more relaxed then before.

"Are you hungry? You barely ate anything today." He says and I shrug.

"Not really, I just want to get back to the flat." I say, almost forgetting that Anna is probably already there. I'm excited to see her in a way, I think having another girl around will help me.

"Oh okay." He sighs as he opens the car door open for me.

I climb into the car and I pull the seat buckle over my shoulder. I rest my head on the back of the seat as he gets in and starts the car.

In a way I don't want to go back to the flat, I feel uncomfortable. I trust all of them, it's just I don't want to be a burden on anyone. I feel like they have to do everything around me because I'm the way I am. The person who doesn't want to be around anyone. The person who will always be messed up. That's me.

"Stop being all depressing again." Louis scolds me and I shoot my eyes open.

"I'm not." I mutter.

"Liar liar pants on fire." He mutters back and I want to smack the smirk off his face.

"What is up with you and the mood swings?" He asks when he sees the dirty look I give him.

"I don't have mood swings." I state and he chuckles.

"You sound like one of the girls who are on their period." He playful says and I bite my tongue to hold back my smile.

"I am not!" I squeal, making him bust out laughing. My laugh then blends with his.

"There's your smile, I thought it disappeared forever." He smiles, and I continue laugh to myself as I shake my head at him.

"Ha-ha, you are so funny." I joke as we pull into the driveway.

I scoot myself out of the car before Louis has a chance to open my door for me. He sighs in frustration and I turn around to stick my tongue out at him. He chuckles behind me when I open the front door of the house. My eyes go straight to the living room and Anna's face lights up when she sees me. She stands up and runs over to me. We wrap our arms around each other, hugging one another tightly.

"Hey how are you doing?" She whispers to me.

"Better that there is another girl in the house." I tell her and she laughs.

"Thank you so much for still wanting to plan the wedding, I told Liam we could wait until the beginning of next year." She says as she pulls away from me to look down at me. I never really noticed that she's an inch or two taller than me, but it's pretty funny.

"But then you would have a bigger belly bump then you already have." I joke, poking at her little out grown belly.

"I can't seem to stop eating." I giggles and I hear Liam huff behind her.

"I'll wake up to her eating something in the middle of the night, she has a snack drawer beside her bed." He tells me and all three of us laugh. I almost forgot that we are talking in front of four other boys and I turn to find them all staring at me. They haven't heard me talk like this in weeks.

"Come on, let's go upstairs. I already have my guest list planned." Anna exclaims, dragging me up the steps. I look back at Louis and he laughs as we reach the top step.

Anna decided to have a very small wedding with just the four boys and their dates, Andy who is Liam's best man, her parents, and couple friends from back home. She has about twenty people total and it's kind of funny because that's how I want my wedding. Small. I show her all of the small churches that I made appointments with and she loves every single one of them. We then look at reception halls and she particularly likes the one with just a bar, a dance floor, and a DJ. Eventually we decide to go visit one tomorrow and more of the them the rest of the week. Then we generate the invitations and they are sent out, one less thing to worry about.

After we catch up, we head back downstairs and Liam and Louis are the only two in the living room. I glance out the big window and all the rest of cars are gone. She sits down on Liam's lap and I sit beside Louis on the couch.

"So you and Anna can sleep in my bed and I'll sleep on the couch." Liam announces. I frown, shaking my head.

"No that's your bed and your fiancé, and actually your baby too so I'll sleep on the couch." I protest and he huffs at me. He is so damn stubborn.

"No. You're my sister and you are not sleeping on the couch."

"Why do you have to be so stubborn all the time?" I ask him and he shrugs.

"I'm stubborn? Look at you." He fires back at me and Anna interrupts us with her laughter.

"You both are so stubborn!" She giggles loudly. Liam and I look at each other and begin to laugh along with her.

"I guess we get that from mom don't we?" He asks with a smile and I nod. Mom used to always been stubborn. She always did everything for everyone but for herself. Then when someone tried to do something nice for her, she always would refused.

"But seriously Leah, I won't let you sleep on the couch."

"But seriously Liam, I won't let you sleep on the couch." I mock him and he shakes his head as he chuckles.

"How about Leah sleeps in my room and I'll sleep on the couch?" Louis offers and I turn to him. I wouldn't mind sleeping in his room, I became very fond of it.

"Is that okay with you Leah?" Liam asks me and I nod in approval.

"Good, now you both can stop bickering." Louis sighs and we all laugh.

"When are you ever going to take that hoodie off?" Liam playfully asks, gesturing towards Louis's navy blue hoodie that is on me.

"Let the girl wear whatever she wants to." Anna scolds him and he points to me with his mouth wide open.

"She hasn't took that hoodie off in at least two weeks." He gapes dramatically, and this is why I love my brother.

"It hasn't been that long." I tell him and he shrugs.

"Okay a week and two days," He clarifies, "and anyways, I'm pretty sure you have a stain on it." He says and I look down. Then I shoot a look at him.

"No I don't!" I exclaim and Liam chuckles.

"Let me at least wash it overnight and I'll give it to you first thing in the morning."

"Fine." I laugh, pulling it over my head then throwing it over to him. It hits him in the face and he holds his nose as he sits it on the floor. I sigh, resting the side of my head against the couch and I overhear Liam saying something to Anna.

"See, I told you that I'm getting my sister back." He whispers to her and I don't need to look over to him to see that he is smiling.

We talk until about midnight and we all head to sleep. Louis helps me carry my bags over to his room and then goes back downstairs. I move my bags into his closet to move them out of the way and I find all of his clothes back the way they were from before he moved out. I find myself running my hand down the front of his sweater. I'm so glad he came back to live here. I change into a pair of snowflake pajama pants and matching long sleeve shirt.

I climb into his bed under the covers and I let the memories of today replay in my mind. Going to the doctors, finding out that I may or may not have cancer. I hope that I don't, I don't want to have to go through what my mom did. More importantly, I don't want Liam to go through it again. Anna is back and I'm so happy. Other than Liam and Louis, she's the only other one I can really trust. I know she would never hurt me. She's my best friend. I'm so happy she will be my sister in-law and I'm so excited to have nephew or niece on the way. Liam and my playful argument, I miss the brother and sister joking moments. Actually I just miss my brother generally. Even though what he did wasn't right, when he told our father to hurt me and not him, I know I could never really hate him forever. He is the closet person to me. Lastly, the memory of Louis's lips on mine pops into my head. The way his lips moved with mine, I missed them. I missed them more than about anything.

I look at the clock and it's past two in the morning, I've been staring at the ceiling for about two hours now. I roll out of the bed and I paddle my feet across the floor over to the door. I freeze when I hear the door downstairs open following by loud laughing and carrying on. I hear multiple people stumble up the steps, Harry, Zayn, and Niall must be drunk. Why doesn't that surprise me? After I hear three individual door close, I turn the door handle.

I emerge from his bedroom and it's completely dark besides the tv light peering up the steps leading downstairs. I quietly walk downstairs, trying not to wake up Louis. When I get to the bottom, my eyes find him with his knees pulled up into his chest as he sits up drinking hot tea.

"You okay?" He asks and I nod, standing in one place as I'm unsure why I'm downstairs in the first place.

"Can't you sleep?" He questions and I shake my head no.

"My head just can't stop thinking." I tell him and he raises his eyebrow.

"About what?"

"Everything." I honestly admit.

"Come sit with me." He says as he swings his legs down to hang over the side of the couch to make room for me.

He taps right beside him and I hesitate at first but I force my feet to walk over to him. I sit down about two feet away from him.

"Leah, you know I won't hurt you. Come here." Instead of reassuring me that he won't hurt me, this time he tells me that I know he won't. He's right, I know he would never hurt me.

I scoot closer to him until my body is against his and I lay my cheek on his shoulder. He wraps his feel arm around me and pulls me closer.

"Do you want some?" He asks, extending his half full cup of tea to me.

"Thanks." I smile as I wrap my hand around the warm mug, slipping my index and middle finger through the handle. I bring it up to my lips and the warm steam hits me in the face. I take a sip and the sweet warm tea slides down my throat.

"Do you like it?" He asks me and I nod as I take another sip.

"Yes, it's different than most teas."

"It's because it's my grandmother's special recipe, she came up with it herself. Only I know what it is." He smiles to himself showing his pride in his grandmother. I'm guessing that she passed away in reference to only him knowing but I won't ask him.

"Well it's very good. She's very talented. The best I ever had." I smile to him, taking another sip.

"Someday I'll teach you it." He whispers.

"Really?" I gape and he nods.

He wraps his arms tighter around me, pulling me closer into his. I snuzzle myself deeper into his shoulder and he rests his chin on top of my head as he turns on a movie.
------------------------------------------
Comment and vote!!!

Sorry it took me a while to update, I was really sick and I missed a lot of school and I'm trying to catch up on all of my homework, please forgive me.

Also thank you to everyone on ig, twitter, and here telling me to get better.

ANYWAYS! So what is Louis and Leah's ship name? People mentioned many different ones such as Lelo, Leouis, Lealo, Loueah, Louah, LeaLou, and many moreeeee. Which ones do you guys like so we can decide on one :)

AHHHHH and 1D Day was amazing! I watched all seven hours! My favorite parts was the workout scene (I think that was one of everyone's), the talk dirty dancing scene (I DIED), when Liam freaking out when they gave him a spoon (it was great), Liam and Harry modeling (so sexy), and I ABSOLUTELY loved when they sang "Little Things," it will forever be my favorite song. :) what was yours?

I love you all!!!