Chapter 78

Days go by, unpleasant days as every day my symptoms become worse and worse. My head hurts almost all the time and I throw up at least three times a week. But my boyfriend had been there every step of the way to help me, to keep me from breaking more.

I wake up with someone's arms wrapped around me and panic hits me as I pull myself out of the arms. I turn to the unfamiliar man once I'm standing on my feet. His eyes shoot open and he quickly sits up.

"Leah what's wrong?" He asks, his voice is familiar but I don't know him.

"Who are you?" I ask and I glance around the simple room, unsure where I am.

"Leah it's Louis." His voice is gentle. I don't know this man.

I bolt to the door and I try to open the locked door but he stops me when he wraps his arms around from behind. I'm so scared. Not only do I not know where I am, but I don't know this person. My head begins to getting shooting pains on my side and I grab ahold of it with my hands.

"Leah listen to me. I'm Louis, you have a brain tumor and you are forgetting things. Stop fighting me." He pleads as I try to rip myself out of his arms. I turn to face him and he has tears streaming down his cheeks.

"Let go of me! I don't know who you are!" I yell at him, trying to hit him with my fists.

"Leah you promised me. You promised you wouldn't push me away and look what you are doing. Remember your promise." He cries.

His words spark something inside of me and I begin to remember once again. He is my boyfriend and this is his room, in the flat with my brother. I remember him holding me each and every night as he told me loved me a dozen of times. I can't believe I forgot the one who I love most in life, the most how loves me the most. I stop fighting him and I start to cry as my body becomes limp in his arms.

"I'm so sorry." I whisper to him when I wrap my arms around his neck. He buries his face into my shoulder and he begins to sob.

"It's okay." He reassures me but I know it's not.

"Can you hold me please?" I beg him and he nods. He leads me over to bed and I climb in. He wraps his arms around me as he pulls me into him.

"I'm so sorry." I repeat myself and he doesn't say anything.

"I love you." I whisper to him and he sighs lightly.

"I love you too."

"When is my doctors appointment?" I ask him and he shrugs.

"In two hours." He replies.

"Are you mad at me?"

"No." He huffs and sits up, leaving me laying in bed by myself.

"I need to go get ready. I'm going to get a shower." He mumbles, walking out of the room.

I don't know what to do, I really don't. I can't believe I forgot about him. I could only imagine how hard it is for him. I don't know what to do, I have to do something.

Just then I get a text message. When I look, I see Nick's name come up on my touch screen.

"Can I come over tonight, I need to talk to you."

I debate if I want him over, I decide that I don't want him in this house.

"You can pick me up and take me somewhere. Pick me up at 7." I reply then I turn my phone off.

I eventually roll myself out of bed and I fix the it, making sure it actually looks nice since we never make the bed. I clean up the room and I gather the empty cups scattered around the room, stacking them together and sitting them by the door. I pick up our dirty clothes from the past couple days, throwing them into the dirty clothes hamper. It's almost full to the top, I will have to do laundry later. I hang up our clean sweaters and I fold his t-shirts, neatly putting them in his drawers.

I change my clothes, putting on a pair of black leggings and a white sweater that has a wintery print all over it with a black scarf. I slide on my white matching boots on my feet and I pull the ponytail out of my pulled back hair. My wavy hair falls down to my bust, the longest in has been in a while.

I grab my phone and my winter coat as I leave the bedroom. I walk past the bathroom and I stop as I hear crying inside. I lean my ear against the door and I can hear it is Louis. I feel myself tear up and I turn the door handle but I'm denied when it is locked. I continue my path downstairs, knowing if I don't I'll start to sob.

I come into the kitchen and Anna and Liam are the only two people at the table.

"Where is everyone?" I ask, taking a seat next to Liam.

"Harry, Zayn, and Niall all went away for the weekend. They will be back in five days." Anna answers me and I sigh in relief.

"Where did they go?" Curiosity get the best of me.

"They took their girlfriends to the beach all together. They said they asked Louis but I guess you both were busy."

It doesn't really bother me that we didn't go, I wouldn't want to anyways but the fact that Louis didn't even tell me that they asked bothers me.

"Wait Harry and Zayn have girlfriends?"

"Yeah, Zayn is dating a girl name Perrie. They've been dating a while but she wasn't in town and nobody knows who Harry is dating. He doesn't bring her around." Anna explains to me as Liam shoves a big bite of pancake in his mouth.

"It's probably because of me." I mutter under my breath, quiet enough for neither of them to hear.

"What are you doing today?" Liam questions as he picks up his glass of milk and takes a drink.

"Louis and I have to run into town then a friend is coming to pick me up later and I'm going out for a while." I say, not making eye contact with him.

"Do you think that's a good idea?"

"He won't let anyone hurt me." I defend and I immediately regret using the article he.

"I thought you and Louis were together?" He retorts, narrowing his eyes at me.

"We are, but my friend and I have to talk about something."

"Is it that Nick guy?" He snarls and I look away.

"I don't trust him, not at all. He has secrets and I don't like him. Not to mention he smells like weed all the time." Liam informs me, his words are harsh and Louis walks into the kitchen. Louis is dressed into jeans and a black sweater with a beanie on top of his head. He barely looks at me and his eyes are bloodshot. I hope and pray he didn't hear anything.

"Who don't you trust?" Louis asks, grabbing a bagel off of the counter and taking a bite. I go to cover it up but Liam speaks before I had a chance.

"That Nick guy. I don't trust him around her and I can't believe you are letting her go with him later." Liam stammers and Louis looks at me.

"I didn't." His voice is low and angry.

Liam looks back and forth between us then he covers his mouth.

"You didn't tell him did you?" Liam gapes and I sigh.

"Not yet no." I roll my eyes and Liam jerks his head towards one of the doors.

"Did you hear that Anna? Someone is calling our names, we got to go. See you both later." He quickly says as he pulls her out of the room towards the invisible person that is calling their names.

"Louis lis.."

"We have to leave or we are going to be late." He interrupts me. He turns on his heels and walks out of the kitchen.

He drives to the doctors and I can tell he is upset and mad more than anything.

"He just texted me this morning and asked." I blurt out and he keeps his eyes glued to the road.

"So you jumped in and said yes right away?" He asks sarcastically.

"I owe him Louis. He was there for me when nobody was. He was there when you let your bitch girlfriend flip out on me and you didn't do anything!" I yell at him.

"I don't trust him." He says calmly.

"Well guess what! You are going to have to deal with it." I snap.

"Leah, your mood swings. They are getting worse." He says almost in a whisper.

"Well everything is getting worse isn't it? The headaches, me throwing up, my mood swings, and me forgetting things."

He stays quiet and I can tell he is on the verge of tears again.

"I heard you crying in the shower." I admit.

He doesn't reply again and I find myself becoming more and more nervous.

"I understand if you don't want to be with me. I know I'm getting hard to deal with and I don't want to hurt you anymore."

"Don't you think if I wanted to be out of your life I wouldn't be here right now? I love you Leah. I told you that a millions of times. I was just upset and scared." He honestly answers to me.

"What are you scared about?"

"Losing you. Not only losing you because you won't take treatment, but losing you like this morning. My heart broke when you forgot me." He whispers.

I reach over and I cup his cheek with my palm. I then move my hand over to find his, intertwining our fingers together.

"I'm sorry. I promise you I won't forget. I won't let myself." I swear to him as we pull into the parking lot. I run my thumb over the top of our folded hands. He nods then pulls his hand out of mine. He climbs out of the car and I get out. He quickly strides to my side, taking my hand in his once again while we walk into the doctors office.

Dr. Garcia orders me a MRI and when I finish, Louis and I wait in the exam room until she comes. He sits across the room with his head lowered and eyes closed.

"Lou?"

"Mhmm?" He hums as he answers me.

"Come over here, please?" I beg him.

He is motionless for a few seconds until he lets out a big breath and opens his eyes. He slowly moves his feet towards the bed I am sitting high up on. He is eye level with me as I grab his hand, pulling him to stand between my legs and I wrap them around him so he is unable to move. He chuckles lightly and makes eye contact with me.

"What do you think you are doing?" He snickers with a smile on his face.

"This." I say as I grab a fist of his sweater in my small hands and I pull him to me.

His lips connect to mine and he grabs my hips, pulling me closer to him while our lips move together. I try to eliminate as much space as possible when I drag him towards me again. When he is as close as he can be, I let go of his sweater and I put my hands in his hair when he slides his tongue into my mouth. I tug at his hair and a moan escapes his mouth, flowing in my mouth. I smile as he holds on to my hips, trying to pull me closer into him. He gently bites my bottom lip as I kiss him.

Just then there is a knock on the door and I quickly depart out lips as Dr. Garcia walks in. Her eyes go to us while we try to catch her breath and she laughs.

"I can come back." She smiles and I laugh. I unwrap my legs from around him and he Louis blushes when he moves his hands off of my hips.

"No, you are fine." I huff, attempting to get my breath back and Louis sits down on the chair beside me.

I watch him sit down and his cheeks are flushed with his hair sticking up. I giggle to myself and he frowns. I gesture to his hair and he tries to pat it down.

"Are you guys okay now?" The doctor asks and I laugh as I hide my face.

"Are you in a relationship now?" She raises her eyebrows at us.

"Yes we are." I proudly announce and she shakes her head.

"I told you that boy cared about you." She says and looks shoots his head up.

"Since when did that happen?" He questions.

"You don't need to know." I slyly say, sticking my tongue out at him.

"So anyways, back to the reason you are here," she interrupts as we both direct our attention back to her, "I looked over your MRI. The tumor as gotten slightly bigger. Have you been having any more symptoms? Have they got worse?" She asks me and I look down as I fiddle with my hands

"Yes." I mumble.

"Yes to which question?"

"Both. I've been get worse headaches and pains, I've been throwing up more often, my nose bleeds haven't been too bad, but my mood swings are awful, and I'm starting to forget some things." I admit honestly and I can feel Louis's eyes on me.

"What have you been forgetting? Is it just like what you did earlier or something like that?" She asks and I shake my head.

"I've been forgetting people and where I am, but it's when I wake up." Dr. Garcia's glance over to Louis then back to me.

"Are you sure you don't want to start treatment yet?"

"I have thirteen days left until the wedding. So no I'm not starting it yet." I inform her and I hear a disapproving sigh from Louis.

"Leah, you are only going to get worse."

"I know." I snap at her and Dr. Garcia looks at Louis.

"Can you please give us a minute?" She asks him for permission to leave and he looks at me before walking out of the room.

"You forgot him didn't you?" She asks as soon as he shuts the door.

"I didn't mean to. I was confused."

"Do you see what is happening to you Leah? You are going to wake up one morning and you are going to forget everything and you won't remember a single thing. Do you want that to happen? Do you want to forget about him? Do you want him to go through the pain again like he must have this morning? But it will hurt him more Leah. He will go everyday watching the one he loves not know him and watch you push him away. You need to think about yourself Leah and about the people you love. You are only making things worse for them." She tells me and I feel guilt hit my chest. I close my eyes.

"I don't want to hurt them. I want Liam to have a nice wedding. I don't want to miss it or ruin it."

"What if I make a deal with you?" She offers and I look at her.

"What do you mean?"

"I'm trying to help you Leah so I'm going to make a deal with you. If you start treatment, I will make sure you will make it to his wedding. I don't care how much trouble I will get in, hell I'll sneak you out if I have to. If you start treatment tomorrow, I'll make sure you are there." She promises me and I just look at her.

I'm scared, I'm scared more than anything. I don't want to go through what my Mom and my Aunt Mary went through. They both had cancer, and they both lost their lives. My Aunt Mary battled with stomach and lung cancer for the longest time, my Mom battled with breast cancer, and now I'm battling with brain cancer. I miss them, but I'm so scared to end up like them.

"You promise?" My voice cracks as I try to hold in my emotions from getting the best of me.

"I promise. Do we have a deal?"

I nod to her in agreement. I can't believe I'm actually doing this.

"I need a day to tell Liam."

She gives me another prescription to fill and I head out to the waiting room to find Louis. He patiently sits on the chair while he waits for me. He stands to his feet when he sees me and we walk out to the car in silence.

He drives to me to the nearest store and he sits in the car while I go to get my prescription filled. I walk around the store while I wait for my medicine and I hear someone call my name behind me. I turn my head to the slide to see Alyssa running towards me.

"Hey Leah!" He exclaims, hugging me. I shocked by what is happening and I just stand there, not hugging her back.

"How are you?" She smiles.

"Fine you?" I mumble and she laughs.

"I'm good." She puts up a good act.

"So I heard Nick is coming to visit you tonight. I guess he had something to talk to you about." She smiles widely, a wicked one that is.

"Yeah, I hope that is okay with you."

"Oh it doesn't bother me. Oh and since I ran into you, I won't have to give this to Nick to give to you." She says, rooting through her bag to find the CD she pulls out then hands it to me.

"What is this?"

"I made it. It's from our cheerleading practices that you were there for and it has some of your good jumps in it."

"Thank you." I reply in a low voice. She is being way too nice to me.

"Promise me you will watch it as soon as you get home? Then you have to call Amanda afterwards, she wants to see how you are doing but she said to call before seven. " Alyssa tells me. Something is wrong with this.

"I promise. Thanks again." I say, walking the other direction. I slide the CD into my coat pocket as I head back to get my medicine.

Louis and I sat hand in hand on the ride home. Not one word was shared between the two of us, I want to know what is running through his head.

When we get back to the flat, we get in and Louis goes directly upstairs. Liam and Anna are sitting in the living room.

"Hey Liam, I'm going upstairs to change but when I come back down I need to talk to you." I tell him and his eyes move from the tv to look at me.

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah I'm fine." I lie as I go to find Louis.

He is laying on the bed with his eyes closed and his hands tucked behind his head. I kick my boots off and I throw my coat off from around me. I paddle my feet across the floor over to the bed. I straddle his waist and I lay my head down on his chest along with my arms wrapped around his torso. He stays motionless and for a second, I thought he may be sleeping.

"Louis I need to talk to you." I whisper to him as he moves his arms around me to hold me.

"What's up babe?"

"I decided to go through treatment early." His eyes shoot open to look at me.

"Are you serious?"

"Yes, I have to tell Liam today."

"Are you okay with this?"

"No but I'm going to. I don't want to get worse." I tell him but it's a lie. I'm doing it not for myself, but for him.

"I'm glad you are, it's the first step to make you better." He whispers, leaning down to kiss my forehead.

"I'm scared."

"I'll be here the whole time for you.
I swear." He promises and I nod.

He holds me for the longest time before he taps me to tell me to get up.

"I'm going down to make us sandwiches before Nick gets here, I'll be back." He swiftly kisses me before pacing out of the room.

When he leaves I grab the CD out of my coat that is laying on the floor. I slide it into my computer and the play button pops up. I press the triangle button with my mouse and I freeze as I see the video start off at my dorm. My eyes are glued until I see someone in a black hoodie throw my naked body onto the bed. I stop it. My body begins to tremble as the image is stuck on the screen. I don't want to watch it, but I need to know who it was. I make my shaking hands press the play button again.

I can't see the mans face as his back is towards the camera. I watch as I see my hand punch his face and he immediately hits me back. He ties my hands to the top of the bed then caresses my cheek from hitting me. I watch as he pulls off his jeans and he pulls a condom wrapper out of his pocket.

"Dad please don't." The words fell from my mouth as the man straddled me.

I begin to cry as he kisses me and apologizes. I pull my eyes away from the screen as he hurts me in the most horrible way. I can't believe this is happening. If I watch I'll find out who really did it. I look back at the screen and he unties my hands.

"Fuck." He muttered as he accidentally cut me.

He starts to turn around and my heart begins to pound as in a matter of seconds I will be able to see his face. Just then, he turns and I can see his face perfectly.

"Oh my god." I gape, my face full I tears fall into my hands.

My heart breaks as I feel betrayed. I can't believe he could do that to me. It couldn't be him. I look back up and I pause it on his face.

It was most definitely him. The one I thought I could trust. I guess I was wrong.
----------------------------------------------
Comment and vote! Long chapter :)

I wasn't going to update until Sunday or Monday but I couldn't sleep last night so I wrote.

SOOO AH WHO DO YOU THINK THE MAN WAS?!