Chapter 16: Chains

The door slammed open, it was Alexander and some other men. They pulled Harley of me and pushed him to the floor with a thud, I looked down at him and cried as they jabbed a needle into Harley’s struggling form. I looked away and sobbed but before I could even move, a large hand wrapped around my face and the familiar black and red blotched filled my vision.

*

“Harley?” I whimpered feeling the ache between my legs through my attempt at standing up, “Harley where are you?” there was no answer. I pulled myself of the bed, using all the force i could muster and stood up in the dark room.

My eyes adjusted to the darkness and I began to search for the lamp that was usually on my bedside table. But there was no lamp, nor bedside table. I placed my hand against the wall, expecting to feel the soft layer of white paint but instead was met with the rough texture of concrete blocks.

“Harley!” I cried in desperation and sudden realisation that this was neither my room nor his.

“Daisy?!” A voice yelled from somewhere.

“Mason where am I?” I screamed back, tears prickling at the sides of my eyes.

“Just stay calm im gonna get you out.” He replied back calm

“Mason, where are we.” I cried, lifting my hands to wipe the stray tears away.

“I’m coming Daisy.” He soothed gently.

The door opened abruptly and a stream of white light drove into the pitch black room. The atmosphere was think, I could feel Mason’s panicked aura from the room.

I watched as mason began to yank his tight black t-shirt over his head and made his way to me,”W-what are you doing?” I asked, shuffling backwards, feeling the rough carpet scratch the soles of my feet.

“Put this on DD,” I looked down to see my bare chest. Cheeks flushing a deep scarlet, I snatched the clothing from his and pulled it over my naked body.

“Thanks but where are we and why am I here?” I mumbled, pulling the thin black material further down my thighs.

“The pack house was attacked,” He started, gripping my small hand in his large one and pulling me quietly yet hastily towards the open door.” Long story short, they had people on the inside that knocked out the more powerful pack members out when they were sleeping, or in your case, when you were supposed to be sleeping. Apparently a full scale attack was launched using some form of knockout gas in the main sleeping compartments afterwards. We’re all supposed to be locked in individual rooms for god knows what. Someone took Harley-“My body jolted to a stop at his words. They shot through me like thousands of tiny bullets penetrating my heart and leaving scars on the dying organ.

“Where did they take him.” I demanded, gritting my teeth painfully. I didn’t care though, the pain was like an adrenaline boost.

He turned his body to face me, staring into my now charcoal eyes, “I think there’s an arena.” I sighed, sadness evident in his voice,” He’s been growling and snarling for about 6 hours on and off amongst other wolves. But the others only last a few minutes, maybe 5 at a push.” I watched the anger flash through his cold eyes. The same eyes used to welcome me every day in a way which nobody else had managed to do other than Harley and my Brother. Him and Colton were the closest things to friends I had.

“We have to help hi-“ We fell deathly silent as the sound of near but far footsteps filled out super sensitive ears.

“Room 333 right?” I deep male voice questioned. A screeching over a radio was his reply as he walked further down the corridor.