Chapter 12

Sorry for the wait guys and any mistakes. Yes this is ridiculously short but yea ive been focusing on reafing my science book so I dont really have time to do anything! xxx

"Yea she's still asleep.....No I'm not fucking okay Colton.....Just get down here.....I dont care if your 20 miles away just get here!" 

A loud shatter echoed through the room as I slowly opened my eyes. A stinging sensation clouded my mind as I lifted my head to see who was in the room. Harley was sitting on the floor with his head in his hands, mumbling some curse words so low that even I couldn't hear.

"Harley?" I cracked out, my voice barely  a whisper but he heard me.

"Daisy!" He jumped to his feet and ran to my trembling self."What were you thinking?"

"I couldn't go back to living that way." Past memories swirled around in my head. "Please can we just forget about it." Sounds crazy, I know. I just tried to kill myself  and now i want to forget about it? I just didn't want to re-live it all. My old friends, what they used to do to people. That's not the way I want to live, not anymore.

"I guess we can for now." He sighed before kissing my  forehead and stroking down my messy hair.

*****

A few weeks had passed since...the incident. I didnt go to school, neither did Harley. We were nearing the end of the school term so he said we could stay of until next term. I didnt really see him much, all I did was wounder round the pack grounds and read. Could my life get anymore exciting? He spent most of his time talking to some unknown person on the phone, I didnt bother to ask. I should feel like our whole relationship was falling apart. But strangely I didnt. It hurt like hell to only casually speak to him but at the same time, I think he needed some time to think about the pack, and not just me.

Justice and Mason visited everyday after school. I tried my best to forgive him because we really truly were close friends now, possibly closer then me and Justice. But he still held back ion telling me why they were trying to kill that man. Colton came every other day. I asked him why they did it but he would never answer me. Just get up and walk out of the room.

Harley's POV

I inhaled deeply before knocking lightly on the door,"Daisy can I come in?" If Colton was right about what my farther did then I need to know.

"Yea." I pushed the door and revealed Daisy sitting on her bed, writing in a small notebook which she closed and put on her bedside table when I sat down next to her. Her eyes immediately went down to her hands as she played with the hem of her red summer dress.

"Look at me Daisy." I pleaded with her.

Her gaze slowly met mine. God she's beautiful. Her hair was gently curled, as it was everyday. Her so beautifully soft hair. Pain was clear in her eyes, those hazel eyes that held such joy were now dimming into soft brown chasms.

It pained me to see her this way and I didnt want to upset her anymore but I had to ask, "Who's Tom?"

Her delicate jaw clenched and I watched her eyes pool with tears. Instinctively I wrapped my arms around her, leading her head to rest on my chest. I kissed the top of her head gently as I stroked her soft hair.

Soon her tears faded away. She was still tucked into me as we sat in a comfortable silence."He was my best friend."

I froze and looked down to her. "What happened to him?"

"Your father did." She answered coldly, gripping my T-shirt. I tugged her in closer to me and smiled slightly when she wrapped her arms around me and hugged me back.

"I'm gonna fix this Princess." 

"How? Even you cant bring him back!" I subconsciously smirked at her comment, not that it was funny.

"Not even me?" I teased. Her body tensed as she looked up as me. Her face was flushed and tear stricken. God she looked so innocent.

 "You know what I me." She mumbled, burying her face into my chest once again.

"Can you forgive me?" Too much time had been wasted. Nearly a month of us barely speaking and I was breaking. 

"Promise you wont do it again." How can I promise that? If anyone ever tried to hurt her I'd kill them so how can I promise not to.

"What if someone tries to hurt you? I cant just stand back and do nothing." I placed my hand back on her head and started to slowly stroke her soft hair again.

"Theres a difference between protecting me and killing someone to protect me." She spoke, clenching her teeth.

 I looked down at her long brown curls and sighed. "Fine I'll try to control myself if thats what you want."

"Thank you..." There was a slight hesitation in her voice," I love you Harley." She whispered so quietly, I could barely hear her.

I smiled, resting my head on hers, " I love you more Daisy."