Revamped Chapter Three: Lupus

Chapter Three: Lupus

Love is not a victory march. It's a cold and it's a broken Hallelujah.

Jeff Buckley

A smile tugs on my lips as my hand is engulfed by the giant linebacker before me. The only word that crosses my mind to describe him even in human form would be "wild". He has long curly hair that falls just below his shoulder. The color is like a midnight blue. A smile is returned on his face with confidence that radiates from his being. He is intimidating, but I try to control my nervousness because I don't want him to think I'm weak, just delicate.

"Hello," I tumble out my mouth in a low murmur. It's surprising he understood.

"Pleasure," Atlas, my soon to be mate, replies. Beside him stands a young woman with fire red hair. I look in awe as it's a very rare color for a werewolf. Wrapped around the woman like a monkey is who I assume to be her mate. He's the alpha of this pack. I've seen him a few times around when he was visiting and I think his name was Pluto.

Both Pluto and the woman say hello excitingly. The woman is practically vibrating with energy as she looks at me. I am taken aback by her tremoring. I'm anticipating the inevitable explosion of her pent up emotions.

"My name is Moon and this is my mate and your new alpha, Pluto," she screeches in a shrill voice that immediately makes me want to dash for the door. Her mate begins to pet her hair and she curves into his touch and almost begins to pant like a dog. She shifts into her werewolf form involuntary and rolls over onto her back as he continues to scratch her stomach.

My eyes bulge out my skull at their open display of affection. Atlas turns to me with an annoyed expression towards his two friends. "If he doesn't do it, she'll never calm down," he says in regard to the scene playing out in front of me.

I smile at him. They sent a car to pick me up earlier this morning because he apparently had important business to attend to, not that I minded. Betas are very busy people. They do a lot of paperwork and forms. The alphas are the face while betas do more the background work.

Before I know it, Moon has popped back into my face and she shrieks as she pulls me into a bone crushing hug.

"I thought you were trying to calm her down," Atlas enquires from Pluto. He gets a shrug in response.

I feel myself roughly pulled away from Moon. I smile apologetically. I can tell she is a sweet girl, but she's just hyper. I wave goodbye as Atlas drags me away from the overly excitable werewolf. We weave through a few hallways amd scurry through some twists and turns before finally stopping in front of a room covered just with a huge white cloth.

He lifts the cloth from the bottom and yanks me into the room with him. He then pushes me down on the bed. He towers in front of me casting a looming shadow over my body. I shrink under his harsh gaze. "Is it because I hugged Moon," I wonder silently.

He begins to pace back and forth. I open my mouth to speak but he quickly shushes me. "I didn't really want a mate especially a male one," he says in obvious disgust. "However, everyone insisted I take you, so I'll stay out of your way and you stay out of mine." He says obviously in distress.

I reach out to touch him and he flinches away. "Didn't I tell you to stay out of my way! I just said it. How could you forget so quickly?" His hands raises and a loud thwack is heard in the room. I reach up and cup the cheek he hit.