Chapter Eleven: Lyra

"I don't want to repeat my innocence. I want the pleasure of losing it again."

F. Scott Fizgerald

"So you and Rocket are trying now?" I ask Draco in clear disbelief. This story should be name pregnant werewolves. Mom and Lupus are expecting, and Draco is attempting with his fifteen year old mate. I hope Apollo knows I'm not having a baby anytime soon.

"It's what he wants, and I wouldn't mind a baby," he replies.

"You all are crazy. Well, I got to go and eat or Apollo will kill me."

"Bye, Sis."

"Bye, Stupid." I hang up, and throw on some draw string shorts and a tank top. I don't bother with a bra because I am sick of them. I really don't care at this point. Just be happy I am venturing out for food.

I walk through the maze of rooms until I finally find the kitchen. It's been three weeks since the incident, and I've been eating much better. We have a mini fridge in our room which stocked with snacks, and I venture out at least twice a day for real food.

"Hello, I'd like a parfait for breakfast, today," I say to the kitchen staff.

"Any particular flavor?" One staff member sneers.

"Umm, surprise me," I say completely overlooking her tone while deepening my breath. I have been seeing a pack therapist to deal with my feelings of misplacement, and apparently depression. I am much better at ignoring the staff.

"Would you like it to be piss flavored?" One chef laughs.

"How about spit flavored?" Another one joins in, and soon they're all laughing at my expense.

I don't retaliate. I just turn to leave. I don't give them the satisfaction of seeing me cry as I make my way back to my room. I said I ventured out twice to get my food. A lot of the time, I leave before I get a chance to eat, however. They are just so mean to me, and I do not understand why. I've never done anything.

I know at one point I was strong, but they broke me down. The old Lyra has died. The one with that spark is gone.

I make my way to the bathroom, and I turn on the shower at full blast. I've been taking a lot of showers lately to mask the fact that I am crying, but I'm pretty sure Apollo knows. Our bond is very strong, and I'm sure he feels it. He tries to talk about it, but I've begun to shut him out. We haven't made love since our mating, and I honestly don't have the urge too.

"Honey, I'm home," I hear call out into the room, even though, I already felt his presence, and I don't reply because I'm sure he feels mine. I get out the shower, and attempt to pull myself together. I plaster a smile on my face, and join him in our room.

"How was your day?" I ask.

"Boring. Tell me about yours. Why were you just crying? My dad said he saw you walking in the hall crying so hard that you didn't even notice him. Are people still being mean to you?"

"This is not high school, Apollo. I cannot run to the principal every time my feelings are hurt."

"This is not your feelings being hurt. It's depressing you. It's changing you. You are being bullied, or maybe even abused. I don't know because you won't tell me. Dr. Carla says you are even beating around the bush with her. I know you tell Draco everything, but he won't tell me because of your sibling bond and trust. Trust me. Tell me what's happening."

"Some of the kitchen staff were joking, and I was overly sensitive about it."

"Bullshit. Tell me the truth."

"I asked for parfait, and asked them to surprise me on the flavor. They offered me piss and spit flavored parfaits. Happy?"

Apollo began to twitch, and his eyes burned with anger. I honestly fear him In this moment. He shifted into his complete wolf form, and he ran. When I finally caught up with him, six men were holding him back from running into the kitchen.

He was snarling, and ready to kill. And I killed over.

****

I woke in a hospital bed.

"Hello, Lyra. Can you hear me?"

"Y-yes," I croaked out. Did I mention I hate hospitals? Because I seriously hate hospitals.

"Lyra, do you remember what happened?"

"I was with Draco and Lupus, and I fell out a tree?" I ask rather than tell.

"No, your mate was in a fight, and you fainted."

"I am way too young to have a mate. Is this an elaborate Draco joke?"

Another man speaks up. He's beautiful, by the way. "Do you know who I am?"

"Doctor Gorgeous?" I ask smiling. He laughs.

"How old are you, Lyra?"

"Thirteen. I just turned thirteen."

"Why the fuck does my mate think she's thirteen?"

"Swearing," I butt in. He apologizes and looks at the doctor expectantly.

"She did fall backwards into a vase, and hit her head, pretty hard. She had a concussion and apparently, has developed amnesia."

"Well, how old am I supposed to be?" I ask.

"Eighteen, sweetheart. I'm your mate, Apollo, and you've been living with me for the past three months. We officially mated three weeks ago."

"Wow. Well, I have a really hot mate. Older me is lucky." He laughs. "When can I leave, Doc?"

"You can leave whenever. You've healed and you'll eventually get your memories back."

"Good," I say as I rip my IVs out and get a strange sense of deja-vu. "Take me to our room, honey." I smile at the fine, specimen and he smiles back. I look down in embarrassment and gasp in surprise. "Oh thank god, I didn't end up like my mother." I grab my boobs. "I have boobs!"

"That's nice, Lyra. I am well aware that you have breasts. I've seen them." I turn a bright red, and walk out in total embarrassment. I'm such an idiot. He grabs my hand, and leads me to where I assume is my room but then some she-wolf growls at me.

I growl back. "Growl at me again, and I'll cut your tongue out, and serve it to your mate for dinner. Fuck with me, bitch." The she-wolf quickly scurries away in fear.

"My mate was a feisty thirteen year old girl."

"Whatever. I don't know what I was doing before, but I demand respect. I am too awesome to not have it."

"Alright, Tiger. Let's watch Blade."

"What's Blade?" I ask as I sit in a bean bag chair in front of an excessively big TV.

"It's your favorite movie."

"Really? Well, it must be awesome. Let's watch!" And with that, we got into the action-packed movie known as Blade.

v.�Xwle$�