Chapter Sixteen: The Finale

You don't choose your family. They are God's gift to you, as you are to them.

Desmond Tutu

"This is just like old times," Lupus screeches happily.

"Except now there is no room because your mates can't be away from you for one night." Draco says annoyed. Draco, Rocket, Lyra, Apollo, Lupus and Atlas are all in one big bed at the request of Lupus and the begging of Lyra. Lyra can be pretty scary when she wants to, and now Atlas and Rocket have witnessed that scariness first-hand.

"Shut it! Rocket is here too," Lyra laughs.

"Yeah, but my mate is pregnant."

"You say that like Lupus and I are not." Lyra snuggles closer into Apollo.

"And I am way more pregnant than Rocket," Lupus says like a smartass.

"Yeah, but Rocket is carrying twins."

"Not my fault, Apollo has weak swimmers," Lyra laughs out.

"I want to insult you so badly, right now," Apollo says gritting his teeth.

"Why would you ever want to do that?" Lyra says tearing up.

Now, you've done it," Draco says even more annoyed.

"Do you want to insult me?" Rocket says tearing up.

"Is it because we're pregnant?" Lupus also joins in.

"Look what you've done, Apollo!" Atlas says enraged.

"It's not my fault. Why are we all even in this bed to begin with?"

"Because your mate is really scary," Rocket chimes in.

"Hey! I resent that," Lyra says knocking Draco on the head.

"Why did you hit me?"

"Because it'd be rude to hit Rocket while he's pregnant, and you're the next best thing."

"Oh god, I'm gonna stay pregnant for the rest of my life," Rocket says scared.

"No you are not," Draco says laughing.

"I am enjoying this. I miss quality sibling time," Lupus states.

"It was fun before we had mates. Now it's just weird."

All of sudden, Orion bursts through the door. "Your mom just had the baby."

"Why didn't you tell us before?"

"Well, I was going to, but then I thought about your plan, and I wanted Draco to suffer a bit."

"So we missed mom giving birth to our little brother, so that Draco could suffer?" Lupus asks incredulously.

"I'm completely okay with that," Lyra says getting up. They all nodded in agreement except Draco, and followed Orion to meet the new family member.

"Awww, he's so cute," Lupus coos.

"His name is Galileo," Virgo says smiling at her family. The love in the room was apparent. They may be leading separate lives, and facing difficult challenges, but they were always there for each other. They will always love each other abundantly no matter where the stars take them.

This is it. The end. It's super short, but it wraps it up and leaves the opening for the next one which hopefully will be started by September. I want to spend some time in my true genre, horror. This was a step out my comfort zone as I like the thriller/mystery types. I will say it was a success. It's not the best thing ever written, but I'm proud of it. I've grown a lot since starting this book, and I'm glad with the direction it took.