Chapter Thirteen: Draco

Pregnancy tests should read: You're Screwed! or Keep Screwing.

Unknown

"Alpha, Rocket is in the infirmary," Arche informs me.

"I am well aware of where my mate is," I reply as I look over the papers on my desk.

"Well, what's wrong with him?" Arche asks as he sits down.

"He's pregnant," I say nonchalantly. We've been trying the last few weeks, and found out today that he was one week along.

"That's great, but he's so young."

"I'm well aware of my mate's age," I say stoically as I continue to fill out and file papers.

"I haven't even picked my mate you, and you're having a kid."

"Kids," I say as I look for the white out to fix a mistake the idiot in front of me made.

"Kids?"

"It's twins," I say as I look up at his shocked face.

"Does your mom and dad know?"

"They were made aware of immediately."

"Why didn't you tell me or Halo?"

"I told Halo."

"Well, why not me?"

"You were not around," I reply.

"I found a potential mate," he says in response. "It didn't work out. I don't even know what gender I want."

"I didn't either. You'll know when you see him or her," I say as I pat his back. Then Rocket walks in, and I'm sure I light up like a Christmas tree.

"Hey baby," Rocket says as he plops his big butt on my lap.

"Hey babies," I say to him and our unborn children. Then as I'm about to kiss him, my phone rings.

"Hello," I say in a business tone.

"Hey, how did you deal with thirteen year old Lyra's fits?" Apollo asks as I hear a glass break in the background, and then incoherent screaming.

"Lupus used to sing her a song called, 'Angel' by the Weekend. It would put her to sleep."

"Okay, thanks!" he yells as he quickly hangs up.

"Lyra still thirteen?" Rocket asks.

"Sadly for Apollo, yes."

"It's been three weeks. I wonder when her brain will recover," Arche says.

"I think because of the depression, her brain is blocking out the painful memories," I respond.

"That makes sense," he says while tapping his chin like an idiot.

"What makes sense?" my mom says as she waltzes in with her almost three month along belly.

"That your boobs are small," I say smiling. Then I frown. "It's no fun without Lyra and Lupus."

"Well, they're supposed to be coming to see Galileo be born in a month."

"Thirteen year old Lyra?" I ask.

"I hope she'll be herself by then. I couldn't handle her when she was actually thirteen. She used to have the worst fits."

"Apollo just called and asked what he can do during her fits," I say laughing.

"Did you tell him about Lupus' song?"

"Yes, mom. I also told him begin to insult your boobs as a redirection technique."

"Shut up, Draco! I have boobs and I know because they hurt. I feel like I'm having two more babies in my breasts. I hate being pregnant."

"Awww, ma. I didn't mean to hurt your feelings. You got to admit they're small, though."

"I know they are, Draco. I am well aware."

"Me too," Dad chimed in as he walked into the room. When my dad stepped down from Alpha, he visibly relaxed. His whole demeanor has changed, and he no longer insists I call him Father.

"Why are you so mean to your mom?" my mate asked as he visibly teared up. "Is that how my children going to be to me?" Everyone around me began to chuckle to themselves especially my mom.

"Definitely not. I am just teasing my mom as I have always done. That doesn't mean I don't love her or care about her. It's just all fun."

"Ok." He perks up and smiles. This is what I have to look forward to for the next nine months, apparently.

"Alpha," a warrior says as he steps in.

"Yes?"

"You are needed in a meeting."

"Thank you," I say as I stretch. "Well, as fun as then has been, I have to go. Duty calls."

"Don't leave me," Rocket says sadly.

"I have to tend to alpha business."

"Don't leave me," he repeats.

"Would you like to come?" I ask. He smiles and nods.

"You owe me a massage later."

"No, you're giving me a massage later," he says as he smiles.