Chapter Fifteen: Lupus

One more chapter to go!

Chapter Fifteen: Lupus

The course of true love never did run smooth.

William Shakespeare

'Cause if your love was all I had

In this life

Well that would be enough

Until the end of time

"Hello, beautiful," I hear as I open my eyes. This is not a dream, but real life. Atlas actually loves me and thinks I'm beautiful.

I smile. "You're in a good mood this morning."

"My mate is happy and pregnant. How could I not be happy?" he replies with a smile matching mine.

"Whatever," I say as I push up and begin to dress. I've become to prefer my human form in my pregnancy. Atlas has not. His fur kind of prickles in bed, and it's annoying but I put up with it. I've put up with a lot of stuff, and this is nothing compared to that. I have to pick my battles.

Now if you're ever wondering

About the way I'm feeling

Well baby girl there ain't no question

Just to be around you is a blessing

"Aww, doll baby, don't be like that," he says teasingly.

"Don't call me that." He has such a child-like attitude. It's honestly tiring. I'd take that over his angry bitterness, any day. We had a long talk about why he was such an asshole. He had an engagement before me with a long-time childhood friend. Her name was Anne. She was killed by rogues and he didn't want to become too attached to me. We talked about it, and he finally got to cry and blah blah blah. It was actually really depressing, and I'd rather not get into the semantics.

Sick and tired of trying to save the world

I just want to spend my time with you girl

And what you're giving me

Let's me know that we'll be alright.

"Doll baby, doll baby, doll baby," he sang around the room.

"Cut it out, butt muncher."

"You know the only butt I munch is yours."

"Oh god. I've mated an adult child," I say aggravated and dressed.

"Hey! I resent that. I'm a child adult," he says laughing.

"That doesn't even make sense," I say joining in.

"It doesn't have to. I'm beautiful."

"You're a man. You're handsome. I'm the beautiful one in this relationship."

"That you are." He got this look in his eyes. I immediately knew what he was after.

"No, no, no. We have to leave for my pack soon."

"Yeah, soon. That means we got enough time."

"It means the exact opposite. You are not getting in these pants especially since I just put them on." Then he starts to pout. He literally pouts me. Imagine a 1000 pound linebacker pouting at you.

"Please?" He continues to pout, and I fight the urge to give in.

"So rest your weary heart and relax your mind 'cause I'm gonna love you boy until the end of time," he starts to sing me.

"Oh god, you know, I can't resist Justin Timberlake," I say shifting into my werewolf form shredding my clothes.

"You're eager," he says smirking.

"Shut up, you literally pouted."

He kisses me passionately and desperately. "I love you," he breathes out.

"I love you too." There has never been a truer statement. I finally got the love I've been listening to all my life. I could write my own R&B song.