Part 26

He kissed me.

I stood still as he moved back. A small smile grew on my face, I started giggling. I placed my hand over my smile trying to muffle the sound. He kissed me. He kissed me!

He
Kissed
ME!

Out of all people, me? Why? I moved my hand back to my side and just stood there smiling at him. I've never been in this situation, I've never gotten kissed by a guy I liked. I should say something, I love you no. I need you no, too desperate. I'll just tell him how I feel, he means the world to me, he means more than that. I'll tell him everything I think about him, how beautiful he is inside and out. I'll tell him all of it, he deserves it.

"Thanks." I blurted out. What is wrong with me?! My smile very quickly turned to a frown. "That's not what I meant, I meant, um..." My mind went blank, what happened to all my romantic feelings? Why couldn't I explain them? "Well, you're- I'm- um..." I was at a loss of words, why now out of all times? As I continued to babble, searching for the right sentence I looked at Mark who was smiling, he looked as if he was trying not to laugh. "That was great." I smiled knowing that I got something that made sense out of my mouth.

"Woah." Mark said as he looked at me. Oh no, I must look terrible.

"What?" I asked concerned.

"Your face, it's so..." I way ready for it ugly, gross, stupid at least I got one kiss. "Red." My eyes widened. Was I blushing? That couldn't be. I stood still for a second before nervously laughing, why was I so nervous we kissed I shouldn't worry so much. I quickly shut my mouth to keep from laughing, nothing was funny. I sighed and slouched looking down at my feet.

"I'm sorry Mark." I shook my head.

"For what?"

"I didn't mean to ruin it, I, I'm just so stupidly nervous." I felt his hand reach out to grab my chin making me look up at him.

"You didn't do anything wrong." He leaned forward smiling, that one smile that kept me at ease. I smiled back before he let his hand go back to hang by his side. He turned around and left the room. I just watched him leave, I had no idea where he was going but it wasn't like I was going to follow him, I wasnt even going to move, I was still in shock, but that didn't stop me from smiling.

I just reimagined the kiss over and over and over again. Everytime I thought about it I smiled more.

"So," I turned to Mark as he walked into the room with his hands behind his back. "I was thinking about waiting till Christmas, but I'd rather just give you this now." He got me something? Why would he do that? He moved his hands out from behind his back revealing a wrapped box.

"Really?" I asked.

"Yeah." He smiled before giving a small sniffle. He handed me the beautifully wrapped gift. I looked down at it in my hands.

"Really?" I asked again. This couldn't be true, who would get me a gift?

"Yes, really!" He laughed. "Open it." My eyes shifted between him and the box multiple times. He nodded subtly and smiled in anticipation waiting for me to open the damn thing. I pulled off the red bow, and started to neatly unfold the green paper. My eyes flashed up to Mark a few more times, this was for me. I pulled away the rest of the paper revealing a small cardboard box.

"Wow, it's exactly what I wanted." I laughed, he did too.

"Open it." He pointed at the box quickly. I grabbed onto the closed wings of the box pulling them open. My smile quickly fell from my face, my eyes started to feel wet. "Like it?" He asked in a low tone. I started nodding my head.

"Yeah," I nodded my smile reappearing, "yeah I lik- I, I love it." I sniffled trying to keep from crying.

Inside the box sat a small package of pencils, under it a sketchbook. He remembered what I said? He bought me something? No one has done that for me.

"Thank you." I whimpered out. I placed the box on his bed and hugged him. "Thank you so much." He placed his hands on my back.

"It's not that good." He chuckled.

"It is to me." I smiled into his shoulder.

_______

My eyelids felt heavy, they tried to close but I kept opening them back up. There's no time for sleep, Mark is still sick, I can sleep in my dreams. It was only 4 o'clock I shouldn't be this tired.

"Mh, Y/..." Mark mumbled the first half of my name in his sleep. I stood up and walked towards him to see if he was waking up. Mark should have this nap, sometimes that makes people feel better. I looked at him, his eyes squinted open.

"Mark, you should sleep." I whispered to him.

"I'm good." He smiled at me, I smiled back. I don't know what it was but he looked worse. I nodded at Mark, he knows how he feels, he's fine. He threw his blanket off of him and stood up.

"Where you going?" I asked, I know I shouldn't be but I was worried. I hope he understands I'm not trying to be all over him, that I'm just scared for him.

"Bathroom," his voice sounded groggy, worse than before. "I'm gonna take a shower."

"Okay." I breathed out.

"I'll be fine." Mark quietly laughed.

"Yeah," I nodded "I know." This wasnt a lie I knew he was going to be fine he was Mark. I sat on his bed, I needed to do something to get my mind off of him. That's when I remembered the sketchbook mark got me. I grabbed it out of the box I left on the ground. Then I reached back in for the pencils.

The paper was nice, thick enough to keep from taring quickly. What was I to draw? In the middle of thought I heard a thud.

"Mark?" I yelled as I got up and walked to the doorway. "Mark are you okay?" I asked.

I waited for an answer but it didn't come.

_______

OH! That is what I say when I got a good idea and left a cliffhanger... kinda. Well I'd love to hear theories on what's gonna happen next *all the theorists come outa no where*. But until then that's just a theory, a Mark fanfic theory. I will see you in the next one.

BUH BYE! Lol (lots of love)

-Me