Part 4

I draped my legs over the side of the hospital bed.

As I looked at the ground I was scared to stand. When was the last time I stood? I suddenly couldn't remember, I was going to fall to the floor. I took a deep breath and slid my weight off of the bed and onto my feet. My legs got shaky as I started to stand up completely, but I didn't fall. I slowly shuffled from the bed to Mark. I looked at him and gave a small smile.

"Ready to go?" Mark asked looking back at me. I nodded and started shuffling towards the door. As I moved, the pill bottle in my hand made a little shaking noise.

"One more thing." Rachel looked at me from the door. "Scurvy tends to cause depression, so if you're needing it you can come back for antidepressants." I nod as I continue to shuffle towards the door. Rachel leaves the room and goes back to what ever she was doing. Mark walks to the door and leans on the doorframe watching me shuffle slowly.

"Would you like some help?" Mark smiles. I look at him with a confused expression on my face, how could he help? I slowly nod as I stop right in front of him not knowing how he could help. He leans towards me grabbing my right wrist. What the hell was he doing?! He put his forearm on the back of my thighs and pulled me onto his left shoulder. When he stood up strait, I understood what he was doing, picking me up. To be honest, the lack of eating probably made it easier to pick me up. Mark walked out of my room and started down the hallway. Since Mark let go of my wrist I used both of my hands to elevate my head from his back, even though I still had the pill bottle in my hand. I couldn't see where we were going but I could see where we were going from, and I saw a lot of people. Some people would stare at me, I still looked horrible, ugly, dying. I moved my hands out from under my head and stared at Mark's back, that way no one could see my face. That didn't help though, I know people are still staring at me. I wish I could hide. I wish people wouldn't look at me. I wish I didn't look this way. I closed my eyes. I wish I would've died...

I opened my eyes and saw the ground had changed. When I lifted my head I saw the entrance to the hospital, we were in the parking lot. I let my head hang back down as I waited to be in Mark's car, or whatever he had. I continued to stare at Mark's black shirt picking the lint off of it, that has always bothered me.

"What are you doing?" Mark asked. I lifted my hand full of lint close to Mark's face. "Oh." Is all he says. I smile and go back to picking off the lint. I feel Mark's shoulder move as he reaches into his pocket for his keys. We must be close which is good, no one will look at me then. I hear his car make a clicking noise as it unlocks. Mark doesn't stop walking though, why is that? I try to see what he is doing but his body if blocking my view. I guess you could say I have a pretty good view. Then I hear another click-like sound, him opening the car door. Mark lowers himself to be able to get me off of his shoulder. My feet reach the ground and Mark stands state up, I do a slight bow and get in his car. "No problem madam." He says before he closes the door. I smile and watch him walk around the car to the drivers side. He gets into the car and starts it while I buckle up. If I'm not going to die on the streets from starvation, I'm not going to die on the streets from a car. Mark buckles up as well before we back out of the parking space. I wonder how long it'll take to get to his home. He drove out of the parking lot and down the street. I recognized where we were. I knew I was close to the hospital when I passed out. I looked back at the road not wanting to relive that memory. In the corner of my eye I saw Mark glance at me. I looked at Mark, did he just notice how I looked? Knots in my greasy hair, dirt on my face, clothes I've been waring for a couple of months. I was hideous and he wanted to see. I looked away and tried to hide myself from him with my shoulder, at least he won't have to see my face. "Is something wrong?" Mark asked. I looked towards him slightly and shook my head. "You sure?" Mark asked again. I nodded, I didn't want him to look at me much longer. "Okay." I went back to hiding myself.

-time skip-

We pulled into the driveway of his house. I unbuckle and look at the house for a moment, it looks nice. I get out of his car and close the door behind me. Mark stands by the car waiting for me I assume. I quickly shuffle over to him.

"Would you like a tour?" Mark looks at me, I nod. "Well then, common." He starts walking down the pathway to his front door as I shuffle close behind him. He stops at the font of his door and takes out his keys. I watch as he unlocks the door and opens it. He stays to the outside of the doorframe holding his arm in the house. His smile is big and his other arm is behind his back.

"After you m'lady."

________

Sorry it took longer to update, I've been busy, excuses. Hope you liked this chapter!!!Vote if you liked it, and don't if you didn't. Simple enough!

BUH BYE!!! Lol (lots of love)

-Me