Part 3

Mark Fischbach

This was the guy? I smiled widely. Even if I wanted to die then, he still payed for me to live. Now I'm living and even happy! I wanted to thank him, shake his hand, hug him, anything to show him my appreciation. I covered my mouth as I started to feel my eyes water. I was crying. I tried to say thank you but yet again came out cracking air. Mark kneeled down to my level, a small concerned smile on his face.

"Don't cry." He pleaded. I decided now was the perfect time for a hug. I reached my arms around him and pulled him towards me crying lightly on his shoulder. He decided to embrace me because he had no other choice, he was trapped in the hug. I mouthed the words thank you. I wish I could tell him through my own voice. We sat like that for a few minutes. Me needing the hug, and him knowing it. Eventually, I released my grip from around him and sat back up, Mark doing the same. I wiped away my tears and just sat there sniffling with a smile that felt permanently stuck to my face, thanks to him. Mark smiled back as he saw how happy I was, or so I assumed. I didn't know what els to do so I just sat there staring at Mark. I guess he didn't know what to do either because he stared right back at me. We did say anything and it was quiet until the door opened. Mark and I looked towards the door at the same time to see Rachel. She looked at Mark then at me.

"Oh, good your awake." She smiled at me," So we found out what you have." She looked down at a clipboard she was holding. "You have scurvy. That is why Mark found you with a bloody nose." She points at Mark still looking at the clipboard. "And you can't talk because you have laryngitis." She looks at me. "Luckily both of those things are very easily treated." She smiles again.

"That's good." Mark smiled at Rachel.

"Yeah, actually she can go home today." Rachel told Mark, I frowned. I don't have a home. "Her medication will be ready soon."

"That's great." Mark said then looked over to me seeing me still frowning. "What's wrong?" Mark asked grabbing his phone out of his pocket again to hand it to me. I take it and write down 'I'm homeless' then hand it back to him. I looked down at the floor, what would I do? What could I do? I have no home, no money. I'd just get sick again, and this time I'd die. I was lucky now, next time wouldn't be the same. If I was going to die on the street what was the point of being saved now. This has just prolong my suffering. "Well," Mark started and I looked at him,"you can stay with me for now?" He scratched the back of his neck. My mouth hung open. This is a joke isn't it? SERIOUSLY WHO THE HELL IS THIS NICE?!? "I mean if you want to." He nervously looks at me. I nodded slowly, my eyes starting to water again.

"Okay, well I'll be right back." Rachel said leaving the room. I wiped my eyes quickly while Mark looked over to her. I cry to much. Mark looked back over to me.

"So..." Mark thought for a moment. "I guess we can look for a job. I mean not now, but for later when you're, feeling better..." He said unsure how I felt about it. I nodded to him again, I needed a job. "Okay," Mark smiled,"But while you're getting better you can rest, and... Eat, I guess?" Mark chuckled at his loss for words, I smiled. I look down at my hands and see the needles in my arms. If what I have is an easy fix why do I need these? I shrug my shoulders at my own question. Mark sat back down on the couch below the window pulling out his phone again. Oh no, here comes the dreaded tapping. I laid my head on the pillow as I heard the most annoying noise ever. I wasn't going to do anything about it though, he 'needed' to write something down. Even if I wanted to tell him to stop, I already promised to not throw the pencil again. Now that I think about it just a simple clap could have gotten his attention, whatever seeing his confused face was fun. I looked over to Mark, his eyes freshly glued to his phone. I couldn't see his face again, luckily I studied it when we were staring at each other. He had a very strong jaw with stubble, he wore plain black rectangular glasses, and I could detect a bit of asian ancestry through his eyes. It may seem weird to people that I study faces, but that's just something I do. When I had the equipment I would draw the people I studied. Being homeless I had seen a lot of faces. Being unable to even afford food, I could not draw them. The door creaked open as Rachel came back into the room.

"Okay," Rachel walked over to me holding a pill bottle "This is for your vitamin C levels to help with scurvy. Luckily your scurvy was not to bad. Even though you will be taking these vitamin C pills, you should eat meals with vitamin C like certain vegetables and fruits." She hands it to me."Now, for the laryngitis you shouldn't talk, and you have to drink lots of liquids. Laryngitis can be contagious, so cover your mouth when you cough." I nod. "Great, now once I get these IVs out of your arms, you are free to leave." I smile.

"Okay." Mark stood up. Rachel started pulling the IVs out of my arms, surprisingly they didn't hurt. Once Rachel was done I turned my body and draped my legs over the side of the hospital bed.

________

HI! I want to know how you're liking the story! Or hating it, really just what do you think about it? Comment! Vote if you liked it, and don't if you didn't. Simple enough!

BUH BYE!!! Lol (lots of love)

-Me