Ch. 27: Pain

Everyone stares at the teens surrounding the wingless Reaper. The hatred in all of their burning gazes as they look at the one who ripped her wings off. He keeps a leveled stare with them.

"You are going to suffer." Red Hood speaks, a serious tone to his usual playful, witty, manner. Beast Boy, who has an angry scowl to his always smiling face, nods and shifts into a T-Rex. Something he was never able to do before...until today. Cyborg arms his canon at the one responsible.

"And like my sister always says," he begins, a dark growl echoing from his throat.

"No mercy for the guilty!"  is the battle cry called in unison from the teens as Starfire, Cyborg, Raven, Beast Boy, Superboy, and Wolf jump into action. Led by Red Hood since Reaper was laying in a pool of blood, the teens were out for revenge. For blood.

It was a battle no human, alien, or being has ever seen before:

The Justice League vs The Misfits!

***Five hours ago~***

Cyborg was at the League's training course, making a few tweaks here and there. The League has been uneasy ever since Reaper "killed" their alternate selves. Cyborg sighs, he knew the truth but he promised Reaper he wouldn't say anything.

"You guys have to move faster!" Superman growls at Hawkwoman and her husband. He's been criticizing all of the League the whole day during their training and honestly, everyone was getting annoyed. Especially the hawks, and it was getting real dangerous since a certain mace wielding woman had a hot temper.

"We're trying here!" she snaps. Woop, there it is. "What about you!?" they glare at each other.

"I'm invincible! You're not." He responds just as heatedly. Cyborg shakes his head knowing another argument was going to break out.

"Here we go again." he mutters to himself, stepping away from the control panel and making his way over as he wipes the oil from his robotic digits.

"Hey man, cut them some slack-"

"No, Flash. Stay out of it and work on yourself too. God knows you need to." Flash gets an angered scowl as he stops short.

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"It means that for the fastest man alive, your enemies sure get the drop on you." Flash scoffs.

"That's because new ones pop up every week. I don't see you stopping Luthor from breaking out of jail." there goes another argument.

"I am a warrior born. Why must I lay myself to such levels of combat?" Wonder Woman was learning how to dodge and weave since she normally went in head first. The arguments get jumbled and they each try to show off their strength through breaking the training course Cyborg just worked so hard to fix. Captain Marvel glares when Superman breaks it into an unfixable mess because he knew how Cyborg worked his metal clad butt off to build it.

"Are you done? Maybe you should use your heat vision to melt that practice dummy over there, its not broken!" he chastises Superman. The Man of Steel looks over at the complaining lightning wielding "man".

"Got a problem?" Superman growls. Captain Marvel nods, getting in his face.

"You bet I do! Cy worked his butt off building this course and for what? For you all to just break it like a bunch of...of...JERKS!!!" he responds, stammering at the last part for an insult.

"He can build it again."

"For you to break it again? Yeah right." Cyborg scoffs. Batman, who was silent the whole time, finally speaks.