Ch.6: Angel Of Law

It's been a month since the whole Darkseid thing and everything was returning to normal. Reaper hadn't talked to the Justice League since and no one tried to get ahold of her either.

I guess they really didn't want to kiss the feather.

Just as she thinks that, Reaper feels a tingling sensation that pulls on her and urges her to go to Metropolis.

Spoke too soon.

She gets up and opens a white portal, she steps through.

***

"I knew it wouldn't work." Flash grumbles. "Now we gotta face these aliens alone."

"Don't get your panties in a twist, I'm here." Reaper comes upon a scene of Hawkwoman, Hawkman, Superman, Flash, and J'onn fighting robots.

"Oh, so it did work." Superman states, looking down at his feather. His distraction leads to a robot to sneak up behind him but before he does anything, Reaper slices the robot in half.

"You called me for this? This is too ea-" she is electrocuted by a staff of one of the robots before she can finish. "I don't know if that was a ghost thing, or a gender thing, but I'm mad as hell!" she growls before slicing the one that got her into three pieces. She then twirls her staff of her scythe and slices another two. As she goes for another, a green wall appears between the heroes and robots, stopping the fight. Reaper looks up to see Stewart.

"Hey! I was getting into it and-"

"Shut up!" He snaps at her. She blinks with wide eyes.

"Exqweeze me?" she asks, a hand in her chest. He throws her a glare.

"Stay out of it. All of you." he then looks at the others. Hawkman scoffs but Hawkwoman places a hand in his arm to hold him back.

"Are you the Green Lantern: John Stewart?" asks one of the robots. John nods.

"Yes."

"Then we Manhunters hereby arrest you." everyone's eyes widen except for the robot's and John's. They place some cuffs on him and load him onto a ship before taking off.

"Okay...what. The. HELL!?"

***

"Why would John give himself up?" Flash asks.

"Maybe he did something bad and now he's getting punished for it."

"If he was guilty, his soul would've reeked of it." Reaper infers.

"You really are creepy." Flash says after a few minutes of silence. Reaper glares at him.

"I'm just stating the facts! You think I asked for these powers? To be "creepy"? To be MADE???" everyone stares at her and she sucks her teeth before looking away angrily. "I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm not letting a man that's not even guilty get punished." she opens a portal after sensing where he is.

"Wait!" Superman shouts. She turns to him. "I'm coming with." Superman walks through the portal.

"It's not like we have anything better to do." Hawkman says, following Superman. His wife joins him soon after. Then J'onn and Flash before Reaper herself goes, the portal closing behind her.

***

The others see a dome type building before Superman burns a hole in the building, causing a grand entrance. Reaper had a finger pointing in another direction.

"There...was a door right there..." she mumbles to herself before grumbling about "tights and their entrances" and "I'm not paying for the damage, Bruce Wayne can".