Ch.20: Batman's Repent

Okay. I am going to make this as long as I can. This will be flashbacks of the whole year, with scenes of Batman and Red Hood's showdown. You'll understand in a moment. Let's see how long this can be, okay? Onwards! ( LunaMaize and DCandMarvelLOVER2468, you two don't have to comment all the time if you don't want to. I feel like you guys think you HAVE to...only do it if you want.)

"The Joker is free, again, and the GCPD won't tell us any information on how the alleged "Crown Prince of Crime" got free-" the News is turned off immediately by a fist going through the screen.

"Hey! What did you do that for!?" Garfield whines, his voice cracking. Jason glares at him.

"I'm heading out."

"Good riddance, jerk!" Garfield calls after him. Jason is dressed in his Red Hood outfit and heads into the garage, climbing on his bike Camilla had recently made for his antihero persona.

***

"What do you mean he left?" Camilla growls, a few hours later when she got home from work. All her scarlet locks were pulled back into a high ponytail, the hair in the ponytail curled perfectly. She was in a frilly black tank top over a white skirt that clung to her thighs. It was just above the knee, her ankle high black boots with heels were stopped frozen in the doorway.

"Just as I said. He saw the News, punches the tv screen-breaking it, then stormed out into the garage in his get up." She licks her lips, azure eyes wide in panic, as she grabs her head with her hands.

"Son of a bitch!" she curses. Her forceful strides reach Garfield in about three steps. "What did he see?" she exclaims, latching onto his shoulders like a lioness pouncing onto a zebra. Garfield sweats nervously from her crazed look.

"Uh, the Joker-" is all she needs to hear before she's out the door like a bullet. Garfield rubs at his shoulders tenderly. "What is with those two. Always so violent." he grumbles. He then remembers a third violent girl with a head full of violet hair that reaches her shoulders.

***

Reaper phases through the walls of the Batcave, seeing Batman giving orders to his three followers.

"I'm guessing you have a lead on Joker?" she calls. Batman turns around in a fighting stance. "Five ways to defeat you with that one... Not too bad. Where's Joker?" she growls.

"So you can kill him too?" Red Robin scoffs. She narrows her amethyst eyes at him.

"I'm not the one after him... Yet. He's in danger. I need to know where he is-"

"I don't trust you." Batman cuts in, voice gruff with hate. She clenches her jaw.

"The more we argue, the more-" she freezes, her death sense oozing over her body. She wasted enough time. She disappears into a white portal, arriving just in time to be stabbed in the stomach with a blade...

What? How did-

Her eyes widen at the silver hilt. She grasps it as she falls to the ground. Behind her is a kneeling, bruised and bloodied Joker. The knife was meant for him. She waves her hand and a white portal opens beneath him, transferring him back to Arkham Asylum.

"Reaper!" Red Hood shouts in surprise. She coughs up blood and lays down as he runs over to her. "Hey, you're going to be okay. Hey! Stay with me! Don't close-" everything fades out as she loses the battle of staying awake.

°°°°

"-those beautiful eyes! No!" Red Hood shouts in fear as the woman's pale purple eyes close. He never saw that shade before. He removed the knife, a dark red blood dropping from it, darker than normal blood...almost black. "No... Camilla..." he sees her chest rise and fall slowly. He removes his jacket hurriedly, pressing it to the wound.