Epilogue

Nevaeh's point of view:

I groan pushing my sister off of me. She falls to the ground with a thump making me laugh. She pouts before running into the kitchen, and I look to my baby brother who is in his swing. "Nevaeh!" I hear my mom call. I roll my eyes forcing myself off the couch, and drag myself into the kitchen. I walk in only to be glared at by my mother.

"Why did you push your sister on the ground?" She asks putting her hands on her hips. Gabby looks at me from behind our mom smirking at me.

"She climbed her fat ass on me." I say annoyed.

"Don't talk like that." She scolds me. Cameron starts crying in the other room, so I turn around to go to him. My phone buzzes in my pocket as I pick my brother up. I rest him on one hip with one arm wrapped securely around him, and reach from my phone. I look to see a text from Everett automatically making my cheeks heat up and a smile to form on my lips.

"Nevaeh, I'm not done talking to you." My mom says coming out of the kitchen. I groan sitting on the couch with little Cameron on my lap. I look up to her waiting for her to continue.

"What time is dad coming home?" I ask hopefully changing the topic.

"Soon, why?" She asks smiling blushing slightly. My mom still acts like a love struck school girl, which is kind of gross.

"I need help with a project." I tell her. She nods her head smiling before leaving to go upstairs. I bounce little Cameron on my lap until I hear the doorbell. I quickly get up taking Cam with me as I walk over to the door. I open it resting little Cam on my hip, and smile seeing Everett.

"You didn't respond." He says sheepishly as he rubs the back of his neck.

"Sorry, I was playing with this little bugger." I say gesturing to Cam with my head. Everett looks to him and smiles.

"I'm sorry. I just really need to talk to you." He says. I nod my head understanding as I look behind me to try to spot my sister.

"Gabby!" I call. She comes running over to me alarmed. "I need you to take Cam. I'm going out to meet up with some more friends along with Ev." She nods her head taking our little brother.

"Okay, be back soon." She says. She turns around and walks off with him. I look to Everett before looking to the floor for my shoes. I slip on my vans and follow Everett out the door.

"So, what's up?" I ask as we get in his car. He lets out a long sigh before he glances to me.

"Kelly kind of..." I watch him afraid of what he will say. Kelly has been trying to get with him for as long as I can remember.

"What did she do?" I ask anger clear in my voice. He stops the car in a park's parking lot before he turns to look at me. He watches me shocked at the anger in my voice making me look away from him.

"She tried to fuck me at a party." He says cautiously. I feel my hands ball into fists at my sides as I bite my lip. "I didn't let her though." He adds. I snap my head to him feeling a bunch of emotions flood me.

"So?"

"Sunshine," He starts. I shake my head at his nickname for me though.

"You keep playing me, Everett." I say as tears prick my eyes.

"What do you mean?" He asks raising an eyebrow at me.

"You were the one last year who took my first kiss. It felt like you liked me, liked me back." I whisper the last part. I look away as I feel him watching me as he leans forward. His finger gently grips my chin before making my head look towards him. Our eyes meet for a second before he makes our lips meet. I gasp in shock, which he uses to his advantage as his tongue slides into my mouth. He pulls away and looks me in the eyes.