Chapter 14

It's the first day of school, and I don't want to get up out of bed feeling a little nauseous. Getting annoyed with my alarm clock I hit the off button and get up. I sit up in bed and look to my open closet for something to wear. I see a brownish gray lose tank and dark ripped jean shorts. I force myself out of bed and grab that outfit to get dressed. I walk to the bathroom and get ready in there happy I took my shower last night. I braid my hair the best I can down to my back, and put on a little amount of makeup.

Still feeling a little nauseous I don't grab anything to eat as I walk to the door. As I put my shoes on I hear someone coming down the steps. I hurry with my sandals and stand up grabbing my backpack. "Wait, don't you want a ride?" Leah says grabbing her keys.

"I guess." I say with a small smile. She smiles back at me and walks to the door where I stand.

"Then let's go." She says happily.

"You are just happy you get the house to yourself." I say opening the door. Leah laughs shaking her head as she walks pass me out the door. I shut the door behind me and follow her to the car before getting in.

"As nice as that would be I have no clue what to do." She says starting up the car. I smile leaning back against the seat after buckling up. She pulls out of the driveway and pulls onto the road to school. I hate this dreaded place, and don't even know of I will make it through the whole year. She pulls up and goes through the drop off lane. She stops the car and I get out groaning.

"Have a good day Parker. Remember be yourself and don't let people bring you down." She says. I smile at her putting my backpack on.

"Thanks Leah." I say before closing the door. I turn around, and walk into school straight to my homeroom. I walk in and take a seat in the middle of the class in the fourth row of desks. Some other people are in here too, so it isn't that bad. They are all on their phones though, and I don't want to go on mine.

I feel someone sit on my right making me look over to see who it is. "Hey Parker." Alex smiles at me.

"Hey Alex." I smile at him as I lean back in my chair. I look to the front of the class waiting for the stupid bell to ring, and the day to get started, so I can get home faster.

----

I sit down in the cafe, and Alex sits across from me. I feel him watching me as I take out my lunch, but still feel nauseous from this morning. "What Alex?" I ask looking at him.

"How are you feeling?" He asks.

"I feel nauseous." I say honestly. Alex looks at me as if trying to see if I'm sick or not.

"Do you want me to take you to the nurse?" He asks. I shake my head before putting my head down resting it on my arms on the table. "Are you sure?" He asks worried.

"Yes." I say muffled from my arms. I take deep breaths feeling the nauseous feeling rising. Suddenly I'm up and running out of the cafe, and I feel everyone watching me. I can't make it to the bathroom and my stomach empties in the hallway. I feel someone rub my back trying to make me feel better.

"Come on let's get you to the nurse." Alex says. I nod my head wiping my mouth. Alex leads me to the nurses office, and once we get there he holds me against him.

"What's wrong with her?" The nurse asks coming over to us.

"She just threw up in the hallway." Alex says.

"Okay, lay her down on the bed back there. I'll call the janitor and let him know." She says. Alex nods his head leading me to the back where the beds are. I sit down on one, and look at Alex.