Chapter 28: Please Welcome The Royal Bitch

Magnolia’s POV

To say I wasn’t nervous would be a huge lie. I’ve never been to a doctor’s appointment without my mom, or dad on those rare occasions. I didn’t need my father because it was obvious he didn’t need me. I was sitting in my car in the clinic parking lot. I stared down at my twiddling thumbs, trying to talk myself into exiting the car. I don’t know how I ended up here but Dalton seemed really high-strung about getting an appointment. 

Why did I even agree to this? Wasn’t Dalton the one who called me a whore? Since when did I listen to him? I face palmed myself. I didn’t need to be here, screw Dalton. I clicked my seat belt back in and started my car. I jumped at the sound of the knocking on my window. I turned and saw the devil himself leaning against my door. I sighed, when he motioned me to get out of the car. Finding no way to escape, I turned off the  car and grabbed my bag.

“Where did you think you were going?” He smirked at me once I slammed the door behind me.

 “I was going to leave,” I snapped, “I realized that I didn’t owe you anything.”

“You owe yourself something,” He growled. I rolled my eyes and stomped off toward the clinic doors. He rushed to catch up to me. “You agreed to this.”

“That was only because you had me pinned against the wall!” I almost made it to the doors when he grabbed my arm and pulled me back to him.

“I’m thinking of the best option here! Don’t blame me because you’re stupid and waited this long!” I ripped my arm away from him.

 “I don’t need to listen to you call me names, douchbag. Who do you think you are just waltzing in and trying to control my life?” I shouted at him. If anyone was around us they were probably staring at us. I didn’t bother to look around. I no longer cared. I stomped away, heading back to my car. Dalton caught me roughly by the elbow.

 “Maybe someone has to control it when you start ruining other people’s lives,” I pulled away in shock as Dalton ranted at me, “You’ve managed to ruin my relationship even more than before! Will is even worse! You know where he is right now? He’s at the boardwalk trying to pick up girls! Will! He was never like this!”

A wave of deja vu washed over me. I remembered the argument he and I had at the park after he called the radio station. I remembered how angry he was. I remembered how close our bodies were. I remembered how he almost kissed me.

“Distance makes the heart grow fonder...” I mumbled. Dalton’s face hardened and I instantly sobered up. He only wanted the best for me. Maybe I did have a problem. Realizing I was being difficult, I tore my eyes away from his silver ones and glanced anywhere but at him. No one was there besides us. I’m surprised that the people in the building haven’t complained about us. “I’m sorry.” I whispered. His emotions immediately dissolved and his face softened. “I didn’t mean to ruin anything.”

 “Let’s just get this over with, okay?” His voice wavered. I nodded silently and walked back to the clinic doors.

The clinic was ice cold as soon as I walked in. There were a row of chairs pushed against the adjacent walls with small wooden tables placed randomly between some of them. The desk just ahead of us hid most of the secretary, who was staring at us openly. She obviously had seen and maybe heard our argument. I stalked in front of Dalton and pressed my hands on the desk. “I have an appointment for Magnolia Garfield.” I informed her. She nodded with wide eyes. She looked away frantically, typing on her computer at hyper speed.