Chapter 5: Those Angel Orbs

Azalea's POV

If I could die, now would be the time to do it, I thought as that bitch I called a best friend waved her arm in the air.

It was bad enough I was dying from a lack of air when Cole took the stage, now she wanted me to sing up there with them? HA!

I prayed no one would see her hand but of course, Dana smiled and sauntered over to us. My heart was pounding as he spoke to Maggie. I’m not too sure about what he was saying, due to the ringing in my ears. That is, until I heard Maggie say, "I would like to volunteer my best friend. Lea." 

Dazed, I looked up and saw Cole Pendery walking over. The Cole Pendery. Holy Jesus, no one pinch me. His beautiful orbs were on me, taking me in. I suddenly felt a huge lump in my throat.

"I..I don't know what to sing," I stammered, wanting to shoot myself for acting like a crazed fan. I couldn't help it! Here was this wonderful guy standing in front of me looking at me expectantly.

"I'm sure we can figure something out," Cole said, winking at me with those sexy eyes. He just winked...I think I'm really going to die.

I looked at him and couldn't even comprehend life. I also knew I couldn't pass up this opportunity. Not when it was nearly six feet and staring right into my eyes with the hottest smirk ever. "O..Okay," I said while mentally facepalming at my reaction.

 Cole held his hand out to me and I took it. My hand felt perfect and beautiful in his. He helped me on stage and walked me over to Will, who helped set up my mic.

Oh I can't be up here alone. I tapped on Dalton's shoulder, the pretty blue eyed boy that Maggie was sure she was going to have the babies of, and asked, “Is it okay to have my friend come up here with me?” 

He smiled at me and said, “Sure hun, what’s her name?”

“Magnolia,” I grinned back at him and bit my lip, sealing the deal. No one can resist the Abel lip bite. He looked at me and replied, “That’s a nice name.”

He turned and walked to where I was previously standing and where Maggie was currently standing. I wanted to laugh at her star-struck face as Dalton said something to her. She looked at me and I gave her a knowing smile.

Maggie grabbed Dalton’s hand and pulled herself up and walked over to me. “You’re the greatest friend in the world, you know that right?”

I laughed at this, mostly out of nerves and to shake out the jittery feeling in my legs and arms. I knew Maggie could feel my hands shake, because she said, “You’re going to be fine. You have me right here and you have Cole right there too.” She said the last part in a wink.

I looked over at Cole who was saying something to Dana, “That definitely won’t make me feel better.” The mere thought of the IM5 group staring at me while I sang made me want to throw up.

 “You’re the best singer I’ve ever heard, Lea. You are going to be just fine up here,” Maggie said for the millionth time. I glared at her, for even raising her damn hand. She just gave me a Maggie-type smile that I wanted to slap off her face. This girl is seriously crazy.

Will came up to us, “All set?”

I felt my blood run cold and my stomach drop to my feet. “Um..I...uh...sure,” I said as he ushered me to the guitarist and drummer in the back. As Will walked away, I took a deep breath and told the instrumentalists my song choice.

I walked up to the mic stand and held on for dear life. I couldn’t breathe. What the hell was I thinking? I knew I could sing, but I don’t know if I could sing...in front of all these people.