Chapter 17: I Guess Cole Has The Bigger Balls

Azalea’s P.O.V.

I collapsed on my bed with a heavy sigh and stared up at the ceiling. My neck and back was killing me. Next time, how about we ask Aunt Constantine if there’s a big event like that scheduled? I groaned as I scooted up on my bed in a fetal position. I let my dark copper hair out of my high ponytail and spread out onto my pillows. There is just no shats being given.

My aunt conveniently forgot to tell me that a huge quinceanera was planned for the evening from 1 to 6 P.M.. Not to mention that there were two of them because they were twins. The party went off without a hitch, but I was stuck cleaning up after and now my feet, neck, and back ached. It didn't help that I didn't wear tennis shoes but my tight black flats.

From downstairs, I heard the door shut. But it was the kind of shut where they’re sneaking in. I have experience, I know. Since there was no lights on, I creeped along the walls and stood in the hallway. Nate was in the kitchen quietly taking off his jacket and putting his keys on the counter.

“Where’ve you been,” I asked him with a smirk, folding my hands on my chest. He looked like a deer in headlights. Oh I know that look.

“Nowhere,” he said quickly and looked away. I rolled my eyes. He’s my brother for Christ’s sake! I know all of his moves, almost all of them, “Who’s the girl?”

He laughed nervously. Yep something was up. “There’s no girl. What are you talking about?”

I turned on the light and walked up to him, “You smell like mint. You basically just sneaked in the house at only 9 P.M. when it’s just me at home. Oh and you also have a smudge of lip-gloss at the corner of your lip.”

I laughed when his hand flew up to his mouth to wipe it away. My brother lied worse than my mom when it came to girls. I shook my head at him, “You’re so adorable when you try to act innocent.” I used my best baby talking voice and pinched his cheek. He swatted it away and began walking to his room.

“I’m on to you, Nathan Aster Abel,” I said mockingly. He turned back to me and glared before continuing on to his room. He hated when people used his middle name. He loathed it when dad used to call him that as a kid. I grinned back at him and ran up the stairs to my room, ignoring the protests of my aching legs.

I walked in my huge bathroom and stepped into the bath tub. This week has been completely crazy. When I informed Maggie of Dalton’s “problem”, she nearly flipped out. I’ve never seen Maggie ‘hate’ Dalton Rapattoni more in my life. Even through her anger, I could still see that she adored Dalton. Even if his girlfriend is some attention whore.

I soaked in the heat of the water and played around with the bubbles. I relaxed as I inhaled the soft smell of my Lavender Vanilla bath beads. I heard my phone ring from the bath table next to me. It was Gabe’s ‘Feliz Navidad’ part in their Holiday Mashup.

His text read: Boredom kills....let’s go out.

I rolled my eyes and replied: Wow I’m flattered that you’ll only go out with me if you’re bored. What about your posse?

His response was instantaneous: Not what I meant..and Will Jay is asleep like well...Will, Dana is doing a dance class for another hour, Dalton is afraid to go out in case Maddie gets on his case again, and Cole is out with Cassidy.

The last part about Cole and Cassidy made me shiver in the warm water. I washed up and rinsed then got out of the tub and wrapped my soft purple cotton towel around me.

I responded back to Gabe: *sigh* Fine where do you want to go?

His response came 5 minutes later when I was towel-drying my hair: Surprise me ;)