Chapter 22.

After all the trauma settled down, it was probably an hour later, Jenna and Toby came over to my house where Ali was staying the night. We were crying, obviously. We had just killed a baby. Kinda. It wasn’t our fault. But still he died on our watch. “listen we need to talk.” Jenna said the second I opened the door. Mom and dad were away and Skylar was watching us. We had told her the truth, and planned to tell my mom and dad when they got home. But that plan changed drastically as Toby and Jenna stood at our door, their faces red with anger. “my parents will sue you when they find out.” Jenna said. “they’ll what??” Ali said, scared.

“Oh yes ma’am they will.” Toby said glaring at me. “But we’re willing to make you a deal.” Toby said. Ali and I looked at each other.

“my dad didn’t have a heart attack.” Jenna said. “We lied. We went to a party.”

“You keep our secret about being at that party, we’ll say we were the ones who put him down too soon after eating. Ok?” Toby said. “Or else you could end up in jail.”

“Deal.” Ali agreed.

“Deal.” I sighed.

“Oh, and Ali.” Jenna started. “guess what I found?” she said, holding up her diary. “Now I know everything about you. So you had better do anything I say..” She threatened.

“And you, Aria.” Toby said. “What you don’t know is that you accidentally called me. Probably sat on your phone or something. I heard everything you said about wanting to break up with me. But im not gonna have it. You’re not my girlfriend anymore, but you are still mine. Physically. Or else, your secret about being bulimic is out. Your secret about your brother stealing things, is out. And of course, that you killed my baby brother. But ill make it sound like it wasn’t an accident. Got it?”

I looked into his eyes. I loved his eyes so much. Even now I say pain in them, not anger. It was all about revenge, and about being able to control what he didn’t like. He didn’t like the situation, so he changed it. Made a little game out of it, because he knew he couldn’t change what happened to his brother. I knew he hated having a little brother. So did Jenna.

“If you let our secrets out..” Ali started. “We will tell your dad that your mom had an affair, and that Alex isn’t his baby.”

The brother and sister looked at each other. “if you do, I’ll kill you.” Toby said, then walked away, And Jenna followed him back to their house. Ali and I looked at each other. “Do we tell?” I asked her. “No.” she said. “you know how cold hearted they are. They’ll do everything they threatened to do” so we didn’t tell anyone. We kept our mouths shut. And slowly, Jenna started to leak Alison’s secrets.. a lot of people found out things not even I knew. So one day, she did it. She told their father about their mothers affair, and that was that. Jenna pushed her into the pool, held her head down, and just like that, she was dead.