Chapter 15.

I looked at the clock. Only four. I had only been a sleep for half an hour. I laid there, just listening to Ezra and my mom talk. “You’re beautiful…” I heard him say to the baby. “just like your mom.” he said. “and grandma.” he said winking at my mom. “wow. I am a grandma arent I…” she said. “and I didn’t even know it..” she sighed. “Did you have any idea Ezra?” she asked him. “I, uh, yea I mean.. when she started throwing up at school… or at my apartment..” he said trying to keep my cover. It hit me that my parents still thought the baby was Ezra’s. they thought that I had lied about sleeping with him. “You know, she does look a lot like Aria. But look, she looks like you too.” my mom said. “she’s a perfect mix of both of you.” “I don’t think so. I think she mostly looks like her mom.” he said. I could tell the pain in his voice, wishing it was true. That she was half mine, and half his. Not half mine and half Toby’s. Then, my mom spotted me. “Well hello there.” she said. “Hey..” Ezra said walking forward. “Be careful walking with her!!!” I said putting my hands out to catch her even though I knew Ezra would never drop her. “You realize how much you sound like a mom right?” my mom said also coming over to my bed. I smiled weakly. I starred at the baby in Ezra’s arms. “can I hold her?” I asked. “uh.. Of course..” he said. “You sure you want to?” I nodded. “I think I need to hold her to pick a name for her. We cant keep calling her ‘the baby.’ I smiled. I held my breath as Ezra placed her into my arms. I just looked at her. She was sound asleep. “wow..” I said. “She.. She does look like me.” I said finally looking up at Ezra and my mom. “If she ever gets lost in the store you can tell people to ‘look for a mini me.’” Ezra joked. “I wont be losing her..” I said looking back down at her. “im not letting her out of my sight till she’s thirty.” I said. I starred down at her for a minute more then said “Can I name her ‘Phoebe ’ after grandma?” I asked. My mom nodded. “I think that’s a perfect idea.” she said. I looked back at her. “Phoebe Grace” I said. “since it’s by the Grace of God she’s here.” I said. “what about the last name?” my mom asked. “Montgomery.” I answered her. I wasn’t gonna say Fitz! She wasn’t his at all. Not by blood. Not by marriage. Only by love. And no way would I say Marshalls, Toby’s last name. “For now.” Ezra said, smiling at me.