Chapter 8.

“You’re pretty lucky Mr. Fitz.” the doctor said. I giggled a little, hearing someone besides me call him that. “No broken bones.” he said. “I’ll have a nurse come in and give you an antibiotic iv for all those cuts, they’ll clean them off and bandage them, and you should be free to go home in an hour or so.” he said.

“Thank you Doctor.” Ezra said shaking his hand.

“And you take care of that beautiful girlfriend you got.” he said winking at me.

“I think I’ll be taking care of him for a bit.” I joked back. But I wasn’t really joking. I don’t care if they said he was ok or not. It’s the weekend now, so I’ll be by his side the whole time.

“Alright you kids take care.”

“Thank you!” Ezra and I waved at the doctor as he walked out.

“I should call my mom in.” I said.

“She might make you leave though.” I thought It was cute that he really wanted me to stay. “But your right its not fair to leave her out in the waiting room.” he said.

“Yeah. I’ll go talk to her out there.” I said standing up as a nurse walked in with his IV.

“Wait!” he said grabbing my hand. I looked back to him. he was starring at the needle. “Uh, never mind you can go talk to her its fine.” I laughed a bit, but tried to hide it.

“Are you afraid of needles?” I asked.

“Uh.. A little…” he said. “its one of those embarrassing fears I’ve had since I was two..” he said not taking his eyes off the needle.

“Don’t be embarrassed.” I said taking the hand that the nurse wasn’t preping to stick the iv in. “Here, look at me instead.” I said turning his chin. He looked at me and smiled, as the door opened behind him. He started to turn his head to look but I put my hand on his cheek. “Just another nurse.” I lied looking at my mom who now stood in the doorway. She gave me a confused look at first, but I looked to the needle, to Ezra and back at her, as she followed where my eyes were going and she nodded, understanding. “You know.. I think its really cute when guys can admit they’re scared. Even if it is just a tiny little needle” I said. The nurse winked at me, and I grabbed Ezra’s chin and brought him close to me, and kissed him. A very sexy kiss if I may say so myself. The nurse stuck the needle in, and he jumped a little but I kept kissing him. A second or two later I pulled away. “there. I kissed it and made it all better.” I said talking how a mom would talk to her child. He laughed and looked over to the door to see my mom standing there, probably not to happy, but you could see she was amused. He looked embarrassed for a second. “See mom?” I said to her. “he’s nothing but a big teddy bear.” “Yeah, im your little Ezzy bear, huh?” he said.