Chapter 9.

“Ok Mom. Love you. Thanks again. Bye.” I said before hanging up. “She’s gonna talk to my dad, but there’s no promises he wont show up here and literately carry me home.” I said.

“Aria, I love having you here, But if your gonna get in trouble, don’t worry about leaving me. I don’t have any broken bones or anything, just a sore back. I’ll be fine if you need to leave.”

“Ok, see ya Monday.” I said standing up and walking to the door.

“Aria, I was just kidding! I wasn’t trying to get you to leave! Please stay!”

“Ah HA! So you DO need me to stay!” I said laughing and sitting back down. “I was just kidding too.”

“Hey that wasn’t funny!” He said.

“then why are you laughing?” I asked. Then, my cell phone rang again.

“Ella, give me the PHONE!” I heard my father yell.

“Byron! Stop it I told you not to call her!” I put it on speaker phone for Ezra to hear. “Ella you promised me you wouldn’t let her stay the night at the hospital with him!”

“She’s not! she’s at his apartment!” at this my dad grabbed the phone back from my mom. “Aria you come home right -” I cut him off my hanging up the phone, and turning it on silent. “there.” I said putting it on the table. “Im sorry.” he said. “Don’t be. Parents are parents.” I said shrugging. “do you remember when we first found out I was your teacher? And we talked about what to do about it. And you said ‘I would never want you to get in trouble over me.’?” he said. I nodded. “Well I never really thought about what would happen if you got in trouble because of me.” he said. “of course we did. We thought about my parents all the time.” I told him. “Yeah, only what would happen between us. Not how we’d make them feel, or how I’d feel about getting you in trouble.” he said. I shrugged. “they’ll get over it. They have four other kids to care about.” I said moving from the chair across from him to the smaller couch next to him. Ezra leaned forward and took the ice pack away from his back, and laid it over his leg. “You should really keep more then one ice pack in the house so you don’t have to keep moving it around.” I said. “I wasn’t really planning on getting in a car wreck.” he said. “Yea well I wasn’t planning on getting blackmailed but that doesn’t mean I shouldn’t have brought a condom to his house when I knew it was a possibility.” I said. He looked at me with eyes that said “ew..” I silently laughed at this. I know Ezra didn’t like the idea of me sleeping with someone else, even though it all happened before we met. “I think the rule in our lives from now on is gonna be to prepare for the unexpected.” I said wishing I had an icepack for my own head. “did you end up taking a test today?” he asked. I stood up and got my purse from the table and brought the test over to him. “Sure did.” I said handing it to him. “That’s great news.” He said. “Id hug you, If I could.” he winked. I started to answer, then started to feel really sick. “Ezra… I’ll be right..” I started, then couldn’t finish. I threw up right there in front of him. In the trash, thank God it was right next to the couch I was laying on, because I had a gut feeling this would happen. literately. I sat there for a second, embarrassed. “Sorry…. Flu..” I said getting a tissue from the coffee table. “you alright?” he asked. “yeah, im fine.” I was actually kinda relived about this. I mean with the flu, you usually throw up more then once. I was starting to wonder if maybe the test was wrong. I took the trash can into the bathroom. “Ill deal with that in a minute I said sitting back down with a glass of gingerale. “Do you want some?” I asked him. “Im fine thanks.” he said. “so.. We’re gonna be ok then?” I asked him, even though he probably forgot what we had been talking about. “you know since im not pregnant.” “Who do you mean by we? You and I? you and Toby?” “Well I meant the two of us. I didn’t know what would happen if I was pregnant with someone else’s baby.” I said. “I would still love you as much as I do now, and id love him or her as my adopted child. If that’s what you wanted.”