Chapter 10.

I walked into my house, scared to death about how much id get yelled at. But when I opened the door, my parents were already yelling. But at Mike. I walked in and stood behind them, listening in. “I cant BELIEVE you Mike!” my dad was yelling. “whats going on?” I asked. “Did you know about THESE?” My mom said throwing a bag at my feet. I bent down and looked in it. Then I stood up. “uh…yeah..” I answered. “you knew he’s stealing things?” my mom asked. “Was.” I corrected her. “And you didn’t tell us??” my mom asked. My phone buzzed and I looked down at it.

“I wasn’t kidding. Your secrets are on the tip of my tongue. Your little puking secret is next. - J”

“gosh.” I muttered under my breath. “Aria, why didn’t you tell us?” my mom asked again. “who DID tell you?” I asked. “Jenna Marshelles.” my dad said. “The same person who told us you had been sleeping with Ezra!” he said. “Oh gosh.” I said. “No, dad, no. I haven’t! I promise I haven’t, not once!” “Oh yea? And what were you doing last night then??” he asked. How did this conversation go from Mike to me? I thought. “Byron that’s insain! He was just in a car wreck do you really think they were sleeping together?” she said. “We weren’t even SLEEPING together! Like honestly we didn’t even sleep in the same room!” I said “yea Byron you need to let this poor girl be.” my mom said coming to my resue. “Look at her, she has dark circles under her eyes, She has the flu, she’s tired, her boyfriend was just in a car wreck and could have died. You need to let this sink in before you say something you shouldn’t. that goes for BOTH our children.” I stood there, stunted. “why don’t you two go away for a night.. since its Saturday.” I said quietly afraid Id be yelled at. “What?” my mom said. “To a bed and breakfast or something.. I can watch all the kids…” I offered still talking timidly. “Alright. Thanks Aria that’s a good idea. Byron?” she asked my dad. “Anything to get away from you.” he spat and walked up to my parents room. “And there’s that something he shouldn’t say.”