Chapter 17.

It was the next morning now and I was supposed to go home today at ten. Right now it was only seven. During the night Ezra and my mom stayed with me and feed Phoebe every three hours and so I got a full nights sleep. Probably my last one for a couple of months. I laid in bed for a minute half asleep. Then the picture of Phoebe popped into my head, and I suddenly got this shiver down my spine knowing that I was awake, and I could see her cute little face and play with her tiny little fingers. So I opened my eyes, then heard my dad’s voice. I sat up a bit and just watched what was happening. In the room was Ezra, my mom and my dad. Mom and dad were sitting on the couch with their backs turned to me so they didn’t see me wake up. Ezra was starring down at the baby, and looked up at me. I put my finger to my lips to make sure he didn’t say anything to indicate to my parents that I was awake.

“Did you have any idea she was doing that?” my mom said.

“None. I would have never guessed.” my dad said.

“oh gosh.” I thought to myself feeling like I was about to panic.

“I mean Skylar did it too and we found out right away!” my mom said.

“Yea but Skylar couldn’t keep a secret from us for her life. Aria likes to keep to herself.” he said.

“Yeah but making herself throw up?” my entire body went still. They knew. Jenna had told them.

“I haven’t done that since I was 14.” I interrupted making both of them jump. “And dad I still don’t want you in here.” I said. Without fighting or asking for any explanation my dad smiled at me, got up, and left. I rolled my eyes.

“You wanna talk about it?” my mom asked sitting on my bed.

“Nope.” I said. “It’s over… Jenna just likes to spill secrets of mine all the time.” I said, completely oblivious to what I just said.

“She.. What?”

“uh.. Nothing.” I said. “Darn pain meds.” I joked trying to make her forget about it. Ezra had been watching us the whole time but I couldn’t look him in the eye. Not only did my parents know my secret, so did Ezra. My phone buzzed and Ezra brought it over to me. He sat down on my bed with Phoebe and pretended like he didn’t hear a word my mom said. “Say good morning to your mom” he said tilting her so I could see her face. “Hi baby!” I said sticking my finger in her hand and she held onto it. “Wanna hold her?” he asked. “of course! Just let me check the texts.” I said. I had eight.

The first one said “Aria are things better??” from Emily, yesterday at four, aka the day Phoebe was born.

Then “Aria? You ok? I’m getting worried, please call.” from Emily at six. “Hey, how are things at home?” from Hanna at seven. She obviously hadn’t talked to Emily yet.

“Aria, answer me!!”

Emily at ten.

Spencer at eleven. “I talked to Emily. We’re freaking out here, please call.” Then my dad. I held my breath for this one.

“I’m sorry for what I said. I promise you the next time I see you I will have a smile on my face for you and Phoebe.”

that one was from him directly after yesterdays fight.

Then from mike at midnight. “All three girls have called me. I didn’t tell them anything all I said was you were fine but you had fallen asleep. But you should call and tell them about Bee.”

I laughed. She’s not even 24 hours old and he already had a nickname for her. Then the very last one, this morning

“The next secret I’m going to tell them is that your puking for different reasons now. Sniff sniff. that’s a stinky diaper I smell. Whoops! No its not! It a stinky Lie!! - J”

I rolled my eyes. This is one secret I have a feeling everyone already knows.