Chapter 18.

I closed the lid to the bottle I was making for Phoebe, then shook it over the sink in the bathroom in the hospital room. Once it was all shaken up and no more powder was at the bottom, I set on the counter to feed to her when she woke up. I checked to make sure Phoebe was asleep one last time before clicking the ‘call’ button to call Emily. Only Ezra was in the room and he was asleep on the couch. I’d probably wake him up by talking, but it’s ok, he’d go right back to sleep.

“Aria! Thank God, we were worried sick! Why didn’t you answer us?” she asked. “We?” I asked. “Are the girls there?” I asked.

“Hanna slept over. Spencer didn’t though.” she said.

“Ok put the phone on speaker, I’m three way-ing her in.” I said, then did so. “Em? Hanna?”

“yep we’re here.”

“Spencer?”

“Yep, Aria what’s going on?” she said.

“Well.. I’m in the hospital…” I started.

“What happened??” Emily asked. Then phoebe woke up at the sound of my voice and started crying.

“That’s what happened..” I said.

“Liam?” Spencer asked.

“No.. that’s not Liam. Guys.. The tests were wrong.. I just had a baby.. Yesterday. At home. In my bathroom..” I didn’t hear anything on the line. “You’re joking right.” Emily finally said.

“You can’t be serious.” Spencer said.

“I promise you that’s what happened.” I said.

“wait.. WHAT??” Emily said.

“hold on guys..” I said putting the phone on speaker and getting out of bed to get Phoebe. I picked her up out of the crib and carried her back over to my bed, where I sat Indian style and laid a pillow on my lap, then laid her one it. It was a special pillow for newborns. The nurses gave me it. Along with enough diapers for the whole week which Mike had taken home for us. They also gave us a couple bottles, a pacifier, lots of formula, and some onsies, only plain colored ones though. Nothing cute. But that’s alright shopping for her would be so much fun. Anyway the nurses wanted to help us out since we had no idea we were pregnant. But my mom still had a lot of this stuff at home from Liam. So that’s really all we needed. I mean we had the changing table, a dresser that sat in our garage that dad used to store random things that didn’t have a place anywhere else. We had all the baby stuff we needed except a crib for her, a baby car seat which my dad bought yesterday. I picked it out online and he went and got it and installed it into Ezra’s car.

“Oh my gosh you weren’t kidding…” Emily said hearing Phoebe continue to cry until I stuck the bottle I had just made into her mouth. Then I filled them in. How she was born, what the doctors told me about not showing. Everything. It was tense and awkward for a bit afterwards. Everyone just kept saying “I cant believe it.” or “oh my gosh this is so unreal.” so finally Hanna said “What’s her name anyway?” I smiled to myself and looked down at her. “Phoebe Grace.” I said.

“That’s such a pretty name!” Hanna said. I smiled to myself.

“Yeah.. For such a pretty girl..”