Chapter 3.

Ezra and I started dating a week before school, which was only a week after we met. When school started, and I got the best English teacher ever. He was amazing at teaching, and he was hot, too. The only problem with that is that he was Ezra.

 My boyfriend taught at my school.

So we hid our relationship. It’s been a couple months and now it’s almost the end of school and I’ll be done with school for good, and off to college. So all we had to do was get through this year. And I know there’s still a month or so left of school, but I think we did it.

 -----------------------------------------

“Aria, Hanna is on the phone for you.” my mom said as she stood in my door way holding her hand over the phone. “I’ll tell you, you seventeen year old girls are always talking..” she said handing me the phone. I playfully rolled my eyes as I took the phone from her. I wish I could talk to my mom more, but she’s always too busy. I have two brothers, and three sisters. So I have no choice but to talk to my friends constantly. “Hey girl!!” Hanna said when I answered the phone. “Movie and pizza night after school tomorrow?”

“As always.”

But hey that’s what teenage girls do, right? You don’t think so? Yeah I didn’t expect you to buy it. What we really do is try and keep our heads from going under in the sea of lies around us. We don’t start them. We usually don’t lie. We never jump in the sea of lies, we’re pushed in. by Jenna Marshalls. When your drowning, and you know how to swim, just SWIM to the edge and try and get out of the water. Right? Well what we do is thrash are legs trying to keep from going under. Not the way to do It, but when you panic, you forget how to swim, and until someone comes in and saves you, you think your going to drown and die. And some people do. My best friend Alison did. Not metaphorically, literately. Jenna Marshalls pushed her in, knowing she couldn’t swim. And she drowned last year. But Jenna has secrets over us, so we have never told anyone that we know who pushed Alison in. Ali is dead. She’s gone. Telling the truth will never bring her back. So we sit in the sea of lies, waiting for someone to pull us out before Jenna pushed are heads down. Not metaphorically, literately.