†† Chapter Twenty-Two

[Vote if you want Adam to bite your neck] [I know I do (; LOL]

               "I don't want to," I crossed my arms stubbornly.

               "Just do it," Adam hissed, almost at the edge of losing his patience. If I kept up my nagging, he might even attack me, but who's to say I won't like it?

               Right now I was playing him, carefully joking around to get his temper up. It was adorable, in my opinion. But his opinion was another thing that could eventually get me grounded for a couple of months or to my death.

               I just stared at him with my provocative eyes in hopes that he would launch at me. I was ready for anything at this precise moment. Only because I was doing it on purpose. So I knew what to do.

               A snarled escaped his lips, and with one movement he ripped his shirt off, revealing his very pale and gorgeous upper body. He ran at full speed towards me, his hands quickly rocking back and forth at his sides.

               I withdrew electricity from my hands and sent it spiraling towards the sand in front of me. It all turn into a crystal field that made him fall on his ass and it gave me the chance to escape his path. I ran towards the water stopped because he knew I'd just shock him the moment he touched it.

               "Very smart," he shouted.

               I flicked invisible dust off my shoulder and smirked at him.

               "You really think you got this figured out?" he raised a brow.

               I shrugged. "You tell me."

               I frowned when the transparent black wings folded upwards behind his back. He flapped them with force, making sand rush towards me, and, on survival's instinct, making me cover my eyes for just a split second. It was enough time for him to get in the air and aim towards me. He grabbed me by the shoulders and threw me across the beach, making me roll over my self-made field of crystals.

               "What is this? Pokemon?" I punched the glass beneath me.

               "Aw, what is it? Did I hurt your necromancer ego?" he taunted.

               I mimicked his voice and sent another bolt of electricity his way. He dodged it easily, making me think we really were Pokemons. His gorgeous body was so distracting, it made me gawk at the sight of the sun hitting his abs.

               It was hard to raise an army of undead when there was nothing dead underneath. Unless you count dead mermaids - which I felt with my power. It was strange how I could feel anything dead even if it was miles away from me. And these dead mermaids could be at the center of the earth if all I knew.

               "Give up?" he asked.

               Scoffing, I grabbed him by using my mind power, which I had completely forgot about. And he was over. I won.

               "Why are we even training? You know I can easily grab you and any vampire that comes my way," I complained.

               As soon as I let him go, he flashed in front of me and touched my face. His bright blue eyes pierced through me, making me feel vulnerable and defenseless. He could easily just shove his hand through my heart and kill me. He was my only weakness.

               "Because it's not vampires I'm trying to protect you from, it's the dragons."

               I rolled my eyes. "But we don't even know what they're capable of. They could be as easy as the last two dragons. They could all be babies."