†† Chapter Seventeen

[VOTE IF YOU LOVE ME!!!]

               "I can't believe we're actually waiting for me to die. This sucks more than high school," I muttered, hugging Adam closer to me.

               His expression told me he was hurting because of it, but it was the truth, I was dying and there was nothing we could do but wait. But what if waiting ends up being the wrong choice?

               What if...

               He brushed his hand through my hair and slowly traced it down my back.

               "You're not going to die, Jasper. I won't let that happen."

               I looked up at him. "How can you be so sure? I have to walk outside like fifty times a day so that I don't blow up your house with my electricity explosions. And they never fail to hurt..."

               He quickly got up and stood over me. "You can't give up hope so easily, Jasper. The storm will come and we will get the blood."

               "We still have the fire dragon, and you don't even know if it exists or not."

               "Of course it exists."

               I rolled my eyes. "Yeah well, it's going to take a long time and I'm not so sure I will make it through," I got out of the bed and walked outside of his room.

               He grabbed my hand and twirled me around. "Where are you going?"

               I gave him a sad look. "I feel it coming again, I have to go outside."

               He sighed, letting go of my hand. "I'm coming to watch over you."

               I shook my head. "It's not a show, Adam. I can get you killed, I won't risk it."

               "I don't care," he insisted.

               "Well I do. I'm not going to kill you."

               "Well I'm not leaving you, not after last time."

               I laughed quietly. "I'm not going to get possessed, I'm not weak anymore."

               He scoffed. "You're kidding me right? Your face looks like a corpse."

               I frowned. "Wow, amazing boyfriend you are," I muttered, walking through the hall and down the stairs quickly.

               He followed me even after I pushed him back with great force. I started to cringe from the pain and ran through the backyard and into the forest. Hopefully, the sunlight will cloak any lightning that appears from my body. The last thing I wanted was people on my back, wondering how I managed to set the forest on fire.

               I tripped over a broken tree branch and laid on the ground as the pain traveled through my veins. It burned and shocked me until it reached my brain, where it hurt the most. I screamed as it tore through my skin and released shocking waves of lightning.

               I never really understood why or how this happened, but I had a pretty good idea why. It was the energy trapped inside of me, releasing itself because my body couldn't handle the power. It hurts like hell.

               "Are you okay?" Adam shouted.

               "What do you think?" I growled back.