† Chapter Five

[Vote & Comment Please!]

        "Wait, Jasper." Adam stopped me as I tried to leave the classroom after the bell rang. He caught me and turned me around while people passed between us. "Why didn't you answer me?"

        "Answer what?" I said innocently with a confused look.

        "I asked you out but you completely ignored me."

        "Oh you did?" I said looking at my watch, but I didn't have one, I still pretended to have one anyway. "I'm sorry I wasn't listening."

        "Yes you were. Your face turned red."

        "Well I'm sorry for feeling embarrassed." I shot at him and walked away. He followed me, just as I guessed.

        "Give me an answer." He demanded. I couldn't help it but feel a little aroused at his dominant side.

        "Tell me what was the deal with you and my mom? How did she know you?" I questioned him as I entered the empty elevator. "My mom was tormented for the whole night. You did something! You!"

        "I told her she had the wrong person. She knew my dad, not me."

        "And you both have the same name and look identical?" I asked while the elevator closed and I pressed the third floor button.

        "Yes."

        "That's impossible." I said in denial. "I saw hi--" I quickly stopped before I went any further.

        "You what?" He echoed. "You saw him? He's dead Jasper, you can't see him."

        "Forget it." I muttered, feeling a little panic build up inside me.

         He suddenly walked in front of me and cupped his hands on my face. I stared at him as he stared at me. There was a knot feeling in my stomach, almost like nerves but not really nerves. It happens every time I look into his eyes. His magical eyes.

          Those eyes that lined up with his perfection.

           "What are you doing?" I asked him.

           "Please go out with me." He pleaded.

           I couldn't believe what I was hearing, he was begging me. Why did I feel amused by all of this? I was probably really upsetting him by not answering him. But I don't know him much. I know I like him and all, and I even talked to my dad about it. But I at least want to know something about him before I say yes. And trust me, I will say yes.

           "Please." He said again, this time a little more loosely.

          "Maybe after I get to know you more." I answered him.

          "But that's what you do on a date, you get to know the other person then decide if you want to be something." He tried again, but I don't want to give in so easily. I'd look weak. I was at least happy that I knew he liked me, I think. Asking someone out usually means you like the person, so yes.

          I giggled.

          "Stop giggling." He demanded, his hands slid down to my shoulders. "And you didn't seem to care about knowing me when you were talking to yourself about how much you're into me."

          My mouth dropped.

          "That's not fair." I whined. "You were never supposed to hear me." I shrugged his hands off as the elevator doors opened and I pushed past him. I walked with fast pace through the hall so I could reach it in time before I got late.