†† Chapter Fourteen

[Vote! Cause I deserve it after all the threats I received -.-]

               "Get up, Jasper." Kim's voice echoed, I felt intoxicated and weak, I could barely see straight.

               A hand reached out to me and pulled me back up off the ground. How long was I down? I know for a fact that it wasn't just a few seconds. I completely blacked out and was left there. Did the witches get rid of the demon completely?

               "Adam," I whispered, then I broke down crying and collapsed on the ground again.

               "No, don't cry, Jasper."

                "I killed him. How could I not?"

               "You didn't kill him."

               I snorted, "Yeah, the demon did right? As if that makes anything better."

               Kim let go of me and walked in front of me, her black eyes stared down at me, "No," She said slowly, "you didn't kill him at all. He's alive."

               "What?" I blinked, he's alive?

               "We barely got here in time but we did either way. The witches teleported him out when Vamptra hit you."

               "Lucky my face wasn't human," I muttered, rubbing the side of my face that ached, "my head would have exploded from that hit."

               "Yep, Jasper is back."

               "Can you explain to me what happened then? Because in my eyes, I saw Adam die."

               "You were so weak that a demon took advantage of you. Jasper, you're a necromancer. You are never ever supposed to let your guard down."

               My jaw dropped, "Don't blame it on me! Adam broke up with me so I reacted like a normal human being. I cried and my heart broke—wait! Adam is alive?!"

               "Yep. He's fully back," She repeated.

               "Where is he?!" I got up again and looked at my surroundings.

                "You can't see him right now, Jasper."

               "I can't see him? Do not tell me I can't see him." I glared at her angrily.

               "Vamptra and the witches are trying to make him heal faster or he could still die."

               I felt my knees get weak again but this time I didn't collapse like a five year old after not getting what he wants. I wanted to cry but even my eyes were weak.

               "What happened?" My lips trembled, I was afraid for him. I was afraid for myself. "Adam is strong ... what ... what did I really do?"

               She shrugged, "Jasper, you're stronger than we all think. You don't know what you're capable of. The demon that was inside of you ... it ... it used to be a necromancer."

               "What? Oh God." I collapsed on the ground again and held my head between my legs. "I hate this so much. Witches, vampires, ghosts, death. I just want to be normal now."

               Kim sat next to me and hugged me tightly, she's like the only one who isn't afraid of me. I bet Adam is afraid of me, specially after what happened.

               "We are these things for a reason. It doesn't just happen. We all have a place in this universe. We just have to embrace who we are. Freaks or not freaks."