†† Chapter Seven

[Vote vote vote vote vote vote vote vote]

               We all waited eagerly, staring back at Alice as she closed her eyes. The lights around the dinner room flicked off and a fire lit up on a candle in the middle of the table. I watched the fire flicker and grow as Alice concentrated.

               She began to mouth words. The fire from the candle rose, making a roaring sound that turned into the face of a dragon. The fire rose greater, expanding as the shape of the dragon's head evolved. I tilted back as the fire swarmed all around us.

               I grabbed Adam's hand as I watched the dragon disappear.

               Alice opened her eyes as the lights turned back on. She looked like she was about to be sick. She was wobbling like a crazy person. Her eyes closing and opening uncontrollably. She opened her mouth to speak.

               "The dragon doesn't want to be found." She whispered, a tear escaping her eyes.

               I pursed my eye brows together, I was confused. Then my eyes widened as Alice screamed in pain, her eyes turned vivid yellow and her mouth glowed. I gulped and quickly ran back and pressed myself against the wall. Cracks formed her skin and then ... she crumbled into pieces.

               But before she died, we all heard a soft whisper. Mexico.

               I trembled as Alice remaining turned into dust. I looked up at Adam, wanting an explanationfor this but he just shook his head. I looked up at Vamptra who didn't move an inch. She was thinking.

               "I know where it is." She said.

               "What happened to her?"

               "The dragon did something that backfired."

               "But she died...What did the dragon do?"

               "Jasper, dragon's are very hard to figure out. Some possess stronger magic than we realize. Their defenses are highly extraordinary. They don't want to be disturbed." She said firmly, her eyes rested on Alice's ashes.

               "She said Mexico, is that where the earth dragon is?"

               "Yes. Once she said Mexico, I knew exactly where the dragon is."

               "Okay, then tell me!"

               "The earth dragon," She walked towards the table and waved her arm. Someone appeared behind her, as a shadow. A new witch. I rolled my eyes. She was going through them like candy bars. "Is in the crystal caves underneath the Chihuahua desert."

               I giggled at the way she pronounced the name. She shot me a look and I pressed my lips together. She brought her face closer to the new witch and muttered something in her ear. The witch responded with a nod.

               "You are very lucky that you are a vampire, Jasper."

               "Why is that? I'm dying, hello."

               "Because a human can't enter the caves. They are extremely toxic and the heat would burn you alive. It's like being in lava." She smiled. Creepy...

               "Okay. That's great. I can stand heat and I can breathe toxic air. Still doesn't mean we will get there or escape alive."

               "I'm sure you will do fine." She waved.