†† Chapter Ten

"Close your eyes, babe." Adam warned me, grasping me tighter as he stretched out his wings. "We're about to go super speed. Just close your eyes, breathe into my chest and we will be there in no time."

               My hands started shaking, I was a little afraid of this super speed flying. I never ever stare down when we fly because I'm deeply scared of heights. I nodded at him, confidently, I trusted him. I jumped into his chest and wrapped my arms around him. Locked.

               "Such a sissy." Kim muttered as she walked out in front of us, she started running and took one leap and disappeared through the sky, that was the fastest I've ever seen. Adam had brought back blood from a blood bank earlier so they were healthy, full and strong. It's time to leave the desert.

               "Get ready." He whispered into my ears. I closed my eyes.

               He bent his knees slightly and gently, like a feather, flew up. I thought he said he was going to go at super speed. Then suddenly a noise filled my ears, rocket sounds, wind whistling, and we were shooting through the air at the speed of light.

               I used all my strength to hold on to Adam. If I was still a human, I would have been fried at this point. I would have slipped from his arms and fallen to my death. At least I wasn't shocking anyone this time.

               Poor Adam was starving himself before this day, I now see his true potential in flight. I wonder how well he works in a fight now. That made me feel guilt, it was my fault, he didn't want to drink because of me.

               And I was too stubborn and overreacted when I found him sucking on some girl's neck. It should have been my neck, but that doesn't work anymore. I have demon's blood. It isn't satisfying for him anymore.

               That's kind of cool to think about it. When I was human, I was his meal. So I wouldn't spend anymore on food for him. That's such a saver. I work way too hard for my five dollars from my mom. I wouldn't need to take care of him when he was hungry. Just ... get my neck ... eat baby! EAT!

               And it's also a little bit crazy, and a bit erotic. And kinky... 

               And it usually leads to something else... mm.

               Soaring through the skies helped me cleared my mind. It help me forget that I was painfully dying and there might not be enough time. If I die, then that is okay. I know now that there is an afterlife. Maybe I would see Adam there when he dies. If he ever dies. I'm sure the sun would explode eventually and he would die.

               I cowardly opened my eyes, first it was more of a squint then I opened them fully and looked up at Adam's neck. I examined his face, he was looking up and he looked so peaceful. Why can't I be like that? Why can't I be serious and sexy all the time?

               I loved him...

               I would guess that thirty minutes passed when suddenly Adam's speed decreased. I looked up at him and his eyes were scanning the earth, a little tension formed in his facial expression. He looked up at Kim, they seemed to be having some type of telephatic conversation. Great, more secrets. I should shock them.

               Kim looked down then nodded back at Adam. We all dived in, wings spread out as we flew over land. I flower smacked me, how was that even possible? Weird asses.

               Adam flapped his wings as we hovered over the earth and I dropped on the ground. His wings disappeared and he landed next to me. Kim was high up in the sky and her wings suddenly disappeared. She screamed like a psycho and landed on one foot, the other foot was up in the air like a ballerina.