Blossom of Orange

Unfortunately, that moment with the brothers didn't last long due to your mind traveling to what lay ahead. It was now time to talk to the Queen. You needed to have your questions answered, so you could carry on with your journey and get the brothers back to their original states. Thus, after a few minutes of staying in that position with them, you pulled away and turned to face the stairs. The brothers too knew that they shouldn't stay any longer on the stone patio. This city's actions still couldn't be forgotten.

When they walked up the stairs with you, you glanced over at them to see their rare smile completely erased. It saddened you, but you would never let the memory of it fade. Reaching the top of the stairs, you went to pick up your bag before hearing the brothers cough. Knowing now what was occurring; you quickly grabbed the brothers' upper arms and supported them while one of them went dormant.

"It's a pity we couldn't enjoy this day more, my dear lady," Heart stated, as their coughing stopped.

"This isn't the place to celebrate our wedding. We'll do so, when we get home," you answered, giving him a reassuring smile.

"It's strange. Both my brother and I have experienced some new expressions on your face today. I must say that it's a welcome change. You should kiss us back more often as well, my dear lady."

Blushing at his comment, you removed your hands from his arms and stepped away before picking up your pack with your right arm. Slinging it over your right shoulder, you replied, "Well, I'm not going to deny you two a kiss on your wedding day. Don't expect that kind of treatment on a regular basis."

"Back to your cold-hearted self, already?" he inquired before letting out a light sigh. "I should've known that would be the case, even though, you're our wife now."

"I'm not cold-hearted. I just know to not let your brother and you take advantage of me. Regardless, I'm going to change out of this dress, quickly, before we go to the palace," you responded, heading back into the room with the wooden screen.

Shaking his head in amusement at the beginning of your statement, he followed after you. When you told him that you prefer him to wait outside, he only pointed to the buttons on the back of your dress. Remembering their existence, you realized that you couldn't undo them yourself. Reluctantly, when you went into the room, you permitted Heart to unbutton them, but afterwards, you shooed him out despite the fact that you were changing behind the screen.

Taking the dress and shoes off, you shoved them into your backpack, since you wouldn't care to wear them again. The marriage may have been significant, but the dress and shoes were just reminders of this awful world. Thus, you retrieved a purple button-up, a pair of black skinny jeans, and your black flip-flops. Putting them on, you closed your pack and walked out from behind the screen. Your eyes widened, however, when you saw Heart wearing different clothes as well.

"Ah, my dear lady, I thought I would change out of those garments. The pants, vest, and sandals weren't just my style. The button-up was nice, though," Heart said, when he noticed you had finished changing.

"Yes, they did seem a little out of place on you," you answered before analyzing his new attire.

Sporting the white button-up still, Heart complimented it with a royal blue vest, matching blue skinny jeans, two silver chain belts, and blue combat boots. The different colored hoops were still in the according ears, as his face remained barren of face paint. Lastly, you two had the matching rings carved into your left ring fingers. In all honesty, the intricate detail in the designs was quite beautiful.

"Well, are you ready to head back to the palace, then?" you inquired, noting that your left shoulder was getting better, as you put the other strap on your shoulder.

"Yes, it's time both my brother and me have our own bodies again," he voiced, his tone filled with seriousness and determination.

                                                                                ~~~~~~~~~~

After traveling through the stone gazebos and going back down the path, Heart and you arrived at the palace gates once more. Not waiting for the guards to say anything, you both showed them your rings. Upon seeing them, the guards nodded and opened the gates, allowing passage inside. Once you were inside, the two of you went up the dirt path, which was surrounded by flowers on both sides. Orange poppies, dark pink roses and blue lobelias littered the grass covered ground.

Due to the path not being very long, the two of you reached the first pink marble gazebo rather swiftly. Pushing the soft blue cotton curtains aside, both of you entered before letting the curtains fall back into place. Within the gazebo, you found it to be empty of furnishings. Rather, there was only one servant waiting in the space. He stood at a height of five feet and four inches. Shoulder length raven black hair graced his head while blue eyes examined the two of you. Covering him was a blue tunic and loose fitting beige pants. No shoes were on his feet.

"Ah, you two must be newcomers to Rinned," he spoke, as you glanced upwards to see a pink butterfly again, though, like the last one it flew off, since it finished its job.

"Yes, we were told by the guards that we could wait in a guest room while we waited for our talk with the Queen."

"Of course, I'll show to one of the rooms. Afterwards, I'll inform her of your arrival," the man answered before motioning for the two of you to follow him.

Doing so, the three of you headed down the right path. As you went down the pink marble hallway, you noticed the continuing pattern of the blue curtains. You didn't mind them, though, since they added softness to the harsh pink marble. Granted, they did block your view from seeing out into the world beyond the palace halls. Only a few shafts of light shone through the fabric, which caused the halls to be somewhat dark. Soon, though, the servant stopped in front of differently colored curtains. These were of a pale orange. Further down the hallway, you could see several more curtains like them.

The servant pulled at the fabric and lifted them up, permitting Heart and you to see the room on the other side. Pale orange curtains continued to be in existence throughout the room, blocking an outside viewer from seeing into the area. A polished dark wooden queen-sized bed with orange sheets and a dark orange comforter rested off to the right side of the room. Plush orange pillows lay at the head of the bed. Furthermore, there was a wooden vanity, in the same hue of the wood the bed was made out of, which stood opposite the entrance to the room. Glass bottles, filled with various perfumes and lotions, decorated the surface of the vanity. Accompanying the vanity was a wooden stool with an orange cushion. Other than those furnishings, a wooden dresser sat opposite the bed while a pale orange porcelain vase with orange poppies lay on top of the dresser.

"Now, if you push back the curtain to the direct right of the dresser, it will lead to the ensuite bathroom. Well, I hope you two find it comfortable in this room while you wait. I will come back here to relay your wait time," the servant uttered before walking away and letting the curtain fall back into place.

Setting your bag on the ground by the right side of the bed, you proceeded to fall back onto the plush looking object. It was indeed very comfortable, much to your delight. Heart placed his backpack on the left side of the bed before going to sit beside your form.

"Hmm, what would you like to do while we wait, my dear lady?" Heart asked, as he examined the permanent ring on his finger.

"I don't know. They didn't provide us with much to do," you responded, as you grabbed one of the soft pillows.

As he glanced back at you over his left shoulder, a small smirk pulled at his lips, "Well, we did just get married, so there is..."

Not permitting him to finish that sentence, you shot up into a sitting position and smacked him with the orange pillow on the head. "Don't even think about it. This is neither the time nor the place, you perverted jester."

"Ah, the curtains wouldn't provide that much privacy, would they? Well, at least you didn't reject the suggestion completely. When would you ..."

Taking the pillow, which you kept in your hands after hitting Heart the first time, and throwing it in his face, you yelled at him to just be quiet. Pushing the pillow away from him, he began to chuckle at your bright red face before ruffling your hair a bit with his right hand. Slapping his hand away, you muttered a few curses at the male while you listened to him make less suggestive ideas. Eventually, the two of you agreed to a simple game of war, with a card deck Heart summoned to his hands. Neither of you made any wagers, mainly because you refused to do so. Frankly, you didn't want to know what Heart would want should he win the game.