Dress for Dread

Frankly, you always hoped that the brothers would respect a locked bathroom, but in the back of your mind you knew that was only a false illusion, an illusion that cost you in the end. With regards to your shower, it was peaceful and you could relax under the calming water. It was after your shower that things turned into a mess. As if Heart could read your mind, he merely transported himself into the bathroom and past the locked door. At the time you were just getting out of the shower. Luckily, you had a plush purple towel wrapped around you. Your eyes widened at seeing him. Firstly, he was in the bathroom. Secondly, he held your beige cargo pants and black vest.

A smirk graced his features before he transported himself out of the bathroom and to somewhere else in the castle. Beyond enraged at this point, you unlocked the bathroom door and almost ripped it off its hinges. To your utter surprise, Heart was actually in the bedroom, though your clothes were now gone.

With a malicious grin tugging at your lips, you asked in a tone filled with venom, "Heart, where are my clothes?"

"They're with the other ones. Don't you think these look cute? I think the crème colored one would do nicely, but there is the choice of a peach nightgown if you prefer that one."

Right fingers clenched into a fist while your left hand held onto your towel, your voice somehow dropped a tone lower, "Where are they, Heart?"

"It's cute that you think you can intimidate me with lowering your voice, my dear lady. I think you should be grateful that I chose nightgowns that are longer than the previous one you had to wear. I could've picked out something much worse," he mentioned, as a grin highlighted his face.

Losing your temper, you marched over to the smiling male and unclenched your right fingers. Within the next moment, your hand flew through the air and impacted the left side of Heart's face. The sound of the collision resonated throughout the room before you snatched the peach colored article of clothing from the bed and stormed into the bathroom.

Once you closed the door, you heard the male chuckling on the other side. Grumbling several curse words at the said individual, you changed into your undergarments and reluctantly into the nightgown. Thankfully, it was longer than the last, going just past your knees. Annoyingly though, it was of a thinner material: satin to be exact. It had short sleeves and was cinched at the waist with a satin bow. The neckline was in a square cut and hugged your chest a little too much for your liking. Despite it being the longer, it still was a displeasing thing.

Unenthusiastically, you exited the bathroom, glaring daggers at the male on the bed. His blue eyes gleamed with delight, when he saw how you looked in it. Getting off the bed, he came over to you only for you to step to the side and trip him. Unsatisfactorily, he kept his balance and was now behind you.

Hands resting on your shoulders, he lowered his lips to your left ear and whispered, "You look ravishing in that attire, though don't try to trip me again. I might just take you down with me, my dear lady."

Before you could shrug his hands off you, he was already making his way over to the bathroom. He glanced over his left shoulder and winked at you before entering the bathroom. Rubbing the bridge of your nose, you let out a long sigh of irritation before climbing into the welcoming bed. As you were doing so, the bedroom door opened, unveiling none other than Diamond. He had just a glimpse of the peach satin nightgown before the blue and red blankets covered your form.

Your back was turned to him and you just ignored his presence in the room. You could hear his footsteps approaching the bed before you felt his weight shift the mattress a little. Moving away from him, you hugged the sheets tighter.

A sigh left his mouth before he voiced, "So you wish to ignore me?"

"Tch, don't act innocent. You could've told me where your brother hid my clothes, but you just sat there and smiled," you mumbled, still facing away from him.

"Hmm, but you must agree that you look better in this attire than your regular wear."

"Maybe in your opinion, but you're just as much as a pervert as your brother."

"Am I now?"

For some reason a chill went up your spine, when he replied with that answer. Figuring that he had something in mind, you went to move even farther away from him. Your plan failed, however, when a hand roughly grabbed your right shoulder and pulled you back. Yelping in alarm, you found his left hand now pushing your right shoulder against the mattress while his right hand did the same with your other shoulder. His form lingered over your own while a smile painted his face. Strands of red hair with pink and yellow highlights hung loosely around his face while his ponytail was half undone.

"Diamond get off of me, now!" you exclaimed, struggling underneath him.

Disregarding your statement, he responded, "You know I like to think of myself as quite the gentleman. If you consider me as something else, I will lose that perception just for you, Miss ______."

Lowering his face dangerously close to your own, you pushed your head farther back into the pillow. His lips hovered just above yours while his hands pressed harder into your shoulders. The nails on his thumbs began to dig into your exposed skin. You dared not gasp slightly in pain with him so close. Despite the vexing feelings you had for the male before you, you didn't appreciate him taking advantage like this.

You would've pushed against his chest, attempting to get him off of you. Sadly, his hands not only secured your shoulders, but also the sheets over you as well. Your arms weren't able to move because of this, leaving you at the mercy of the red-headed male above you. He closed the distance between you two, but just in time you tilted your head to the side, making him kiss your left cheek instead.

Wishing to be out of this position, you muttered, "Fine, you're a gentleman, a sadistic one, but still a gentleman."

The grip on your shoulders lessened and his nails were no longer painfully pressing against your delicate skin. A low chuckle escaped Diamond's lips before he climbed off of you. Surprised that your statement worked, you kept your gaze on him in case he was just trying to get you to lower your guard. He laughed lightly some more before holding your stare with his reddish-orange eyes.

"A wise decision Miss _____, remember to be careful of what you call me."

Before he got off the bed, he kissed you on the forehead and headed into the walk-in closet. Rubbing your forehead with the back of your forearm, you ignored the slight tint of pink decorating your cheeks and turned back onto your side. Tired, you closed your eyes and fell into unconsciousness after a few moments.

                                                                                     ~~~~~~~~~~

Waking up around eleven in the morning, you found the bed absent of the two twins. At first you thought you were just tired, but after rubbing your eyes you realized that it was no illusion. Puzzled, but joyful at the same time, you found a wrapped box and a letter in their place. You wished the letter was from Rollta, but you knew that wasn't the case. Picking up the letter, you read:

To our little queen,

Inside of the package, your costume awaits you. Please wear it, for otherwise you will only have the nightgown, since your clothes are still not in their usual place. Besides, a nightgown really won't do you any good in the game planned for today. After you have it on, proceed outside the castle and wait by the statues in the courtyard. Your breakfast will be served to you after the game.

Setting down the letter, you placed the box on your lap and undid the ribbon. Once off, you took the lid of the box off as well. Pulling back the red and blue tissue paper, you saw a grey and black dress inside. The main body of the dress had a pattern of grey and black stripes while the sleeves were of a black and white polka dot pattern. A bow, following the same pattern of the sleeves, rested on the square neckline. Four more identical bows were around the bottom of the dress, which was flared. At the bottom of the article of clothing the stripes alternated to polka dots and then back to stripes. Moreover, a black and white polka dot belt cinched the waist of the dress. Lastly, a polka dot ribbon, mirroring the pattern of the bows, wrapped around the neck.

Accompanying the dress was a pair of grey combat boots with black over-the-knee socks. Personally, you were just happy that the shoes were reasonable and not a pair of high-heels. The thing that worried you in the box was what you were supposed to wear on your head. Likewise, there was another accessory that complimented said head piece. Dread filling your being, you grabbed everything and changed out of the horrid nightgown. When you were done with the dress, socks and shoes, you put the headband on your head. Afterwards, you attached the accessory.

Going over to the mirror in the walk-in closet, you glanced worriedly at the mouse ears atop your head. The mouse tail hung at the back of the dress and had a small black ribbon attached to it. If you had guessed right about the game, it would indeed be a classic: the well known game of cat and mouse.