A Battle Lost

"Heart get off of me, now!" you called out from below him, but your voice was muffled by his chest.

Since this attempt failed, you tried to push him off of you with your right hand, but this had little to no effect. Instead, Heart moved his left hand from behind your head and pressed it against your right shoulder while raising himself up a bit. His blue locks hung, loosely, in front of his face while a smirk spread across his lips. Glaring up at him, you went to move your right hand again, but he quickly pinned it next to your head with his left hand.

"Heart, I swear if you try anything, I'll ..."

"You'll what, my dear lady? At the moment you're completely defenseless. You're at my mercy," he replied, bringing his face dangerously close to your own.

"You wouldn't dare," you responded venomously, but in reality you couldn't read his countenance, and worry was starting to flow through your veins.

No reply escaped his mouth. His blue eyes just examined your face, as a terrible silence filled the room. Currently, you just wanted to sink into the floor and disappear. You didn't like where this was going, and Heart seemed to be in his own world.

When he positioned his face even nearer to your own, you prepared yourself for a fight. He was taking this too far, and you wouldn't have it. Just before his lips touched yours, he stopped, as an amused filled grin spread on his face. A light chuckle began to sound from him before he pulled back and released you. Soon he was sitting on the floor next to you, as you raised yourself into a sitting position. Your daggers were still in his right hand, but his left hand was covering his face at the moment.

His laughter only grew in volume, as you heard him mumble between chuckles, "You...should...have seen...your...face."

Realization hit you like a lightning bolt, and you felt instantly infuriated. He was just playing a game with you and messing with your mind. Granted, you were happy that he didn't actually go any further, but still that joke was uncalled for. You couldn't even consider it a joke. Beyond enraged, you swiftly stood up and closed the distance between you two. Heart, noticing how close you were, looked up at you puzzled until he caught sight of your expression. Within a moment's notice, you crouched in front of him and channeled your anger into your right hand.

The impact resonated throughout the room, as you stood up again, still keeping a hardened gaze on the blue-haired male. His left hand, slowly, traveled up to his left cheek where a red mark was beginning to form. As he was busy with the blow you just dealt him, you snatched your daggers away from his right hand.

"You know, I can hardly tolerate the games you two make me play, but I still deal with them. I understand that your brother and you are afflicted with a curse, so I go along with them. This time, though, you crossed the line. Don't you dare joke about such a thing! I thought you had at least some respect for me, but obviously I was wrong," you exclaimed, as you were about to walk away from him.

A pull on your left pants leg stopped you. Having little patience for the male, you tried to tug your article of clothing out of his grip, but he held on. In another second, you found yourself falling backwards. Nearly yelling in surprise, you tried to get your footing, but no such luck greeted you. Moreover, the daggers slipped from your fingers and onto the floor below. After landing in Heart's lap, he wrapped his arms around your waist. He pulled you up, so that your back was pressed against his chest. Your daggers were just out of your reach.

"Let go of me, Heart! I've had enough of you this evening, so leave me alone."

His grip tightened on your now struggling form, warning you to stop. When you didn't listen, he secured his arms around you in a death grip. At first you ignored the tightening hold on you, but eventually it became too painful. Your hands shot down to his arms, and you started tugging at his own hands.

"______, stop."

Hearing him use your name, you froze. Your fingers hung loosely on his hands while you turned your head to try to look at him. His face remained out of your field of vision, but he soon rested his chin on your right shoulder. You could feel his warm breath hitting the right side of your face lightly while his grip relaxed some.

"Good girl, now, I want you to listen."

Deciding that you didn't really have much of a choice, you just nodded. A small relieved sigh sounded by your ear, but soon you couldn't feel his warm breath on you anymore. Instead, you could feel his arms retreating from your waist; however, his hands remained on it. In one swift course of movement, they traveled from your waist to the backs of your knees. Following this, he gripped that portion of your legs hard and swung them over his head. Quickly, he positioned your legs, so that they were wrapped around his waist. His right hand and arm proceeded to snake itself around your waist. All of this happened so fast, that you really couldn't stop it.

Resting his left fingers under your chin and lifting your head, so that you would look at him, he spoke, "Forgive me, I didn't know you would take such offense to it, my dear lady."

"Well, you should've known. Now, will you let me go?"

"No, I will not. You're right, though, I should've known. My troubled and selfish mind sometimes oversteps its bounds without me realizing the consequences. My forms of amusement are so different from yours, and I try to remember that; I attempt to keep them somewhat under control, but I see that I fail from time to time."

"You mean most of the time," you mumbled, trying to look away from him, but he kept you facing him.

"No, I meant what I said," he answered with a bitter chuckle, "for you see, I'm constantly doing my best to suppress the desires that are passing through my mind. Those games, my brother and me put you through, are merely ways to help with the curse, as you know, but they also aid us in quelling some other thoughts. Granted, my brother and I could make those games ten times worse; we could watch you suffer more, but we force down those ideas."

With his left fingers moving from your chin to the right side of your head, he pushed some strands of hair back behind your ear. Due to this, you glanced down at your hands, which were awkwardly pressed against the male's chest. You just wanted out of this position; you desired to get away from his gaze, which held remorse.

When you were forced to stare at him, you could tell that the emotion was genuine. He was sincerely sorry for the stunt he pulled earlier. That only fueled your wish to create some distance, for you wouldn't let him extinguish your anger that easily; you wouldn't let him win this time. Then again, you two weren't playing a game. The man, in front of you, was simply apologizing for a wrong act he committed. Some part of you just didn't want to forgive him that quickly, but could you hold out on that feeling? Before you could speak another word, he beat you to it.

"My dear lady, you should understand that I would never force myself upon you in that manner nor would my brother. Despite the constant wars that go on in our heads, we would never lose that battle and succumb to that selfish desire."

Feeling some heat on your cheeks, you stared harder at your hands, not wanting to meet his gaze. You were glad to hear that he wouldn't demand anything of you that you weren't willing to give. The other message in his statement was quite clear, and you couldn't prevent the blush that was forming on your cheeks because of it. Trying to speak again, you were interrupted once more by blue-headed male, as his left fingers glided under your chin like last time.

"How I want to bite into that delicate flesh of yours," he started, running his thumb over your soft lips, "and savor the feeling of my lips upon yours. Will you allow me this one selfish wish, my dear lady?"

If you thought your face to be red before, it was now bursting with the bright color. You wanted to tell him to let you go, but only a batch of incoherent words left your lips. Your stuttering self only beckoned him closer, as his arm that was wrapped around your waist pulled you nearer to him. His left thumb abandoned your lips and joined the rest of its partners, which were under your chin.

"Heart ..."

"I've given you enough time, my dear lady. Your loss for words does you no good; it only lures me in. I'm afraid that I can't hold back this time."

In the next seconds, you found the male's lips pressed against your own. Your eyes widened in shock while your hands tried to push him away. His hold on you intensified while his teeth grazed your lower lip ever so slightly. Part of you wanted to resist, but another part wished to surrender. One, presently, was winning by a minuscule amount, causing your eyes to close steadily.