Jesters' Game

Heart placed the last of dishes that he had to wash on the counter to dry before turning around and walking over to his brother. A smirk highlighted his features, as he crossed his arms over his chest. He was quite proud of his work, though he didn't expect you to eat the food so carelessly. Then again you were hungry, so your hunger probably weakened your judgment. Your weakness was their benefit though.

"Did you place it in the quiche or in the fruit? I'm most curious, brother," Diamond voiced, brushing strands of (h/c) hair away from your face.

"The fruit of course, I disguised the formula as sugar sprinkled on top. I thought it would add a nice touch."

"Hmm, well it worked and now we can play a game where only we can win. Which reminds me, would you like to stay here, or head back to the castle? Our little queen did want to head back after all."

"I suppose we should inform Clarenica that we'll be taking her then today. We should have enough time to set up the game before she awakens."

"It's settled then. Let's head back home," Diamond stated, getting out of his chair before lifting you over his right shoulder.

                                                                                ~~~~~~~~~~

When Clarencia saw you draped over Diamond's shoulder, she would be lying if she said that she was surprised. Knowing what the two twins were capable of, she was surprised that they hadn't knocked you out sooner, or dragged you away forcefully. The fact that they waited some time was almost shocking. Moreover, what was even more surprising was the fact that they left you alone for two weeks. Granted, she didn't know the twins as well as you knew them, but she still understood that they were quite possessive.

She merely nodded her head, as she started on a new sketch, when they mentioned that they were taking you back to their castle. Likewise, they were actually announcing their leave with you. Frankly, she was thinking that they would just take you and leave at some point. Truly, seeing such actions from the twins displayed that you were having some effect on their personalities.

Geela was in the sitting room with her mother and she just giggled quietly to herself. She understood that the brothers probably drugged you or knocked you out. Despite this she knew that you would be okay in the long run. They had chased after you and showed a great deal of affection for you, so she doubted that they would do anything that would seriously injure you. Besides, she couldn't stop them even she wanted to; they were kings and she was only the daughter of a queen.

Before they left with you, Clarencia announced that she would leave one of her birds with the brothers. This way communication would be easy, if the brothers or you ever needed any aid. The brothers agreed to this arrangement and after waving a brief goodbye, they went outside to where the birds were. They didn't have really any luggage themselves, just the packs on their backs. Personally, they never thought that the packs would be this useful, but they were proved wrong. Heart had grabbed the amulet from the library and placed it in his pack along with your daggers; they didn't need you escaping from the game they had planned. After getting on the peach-colored birds, they went back to their castle. By the time they reached their home, it was around midnight.

Upon entering the entrance hall, Heart and Diamond tossed their bags on the stone ground. This sound alerted the small pixie that was currently sleeping in your throne chair. Sitting up on the gold throne that was studded with small crystals, which sparkled in the evening light, Woodlily stretched her limbs on the purple velvet cushioning. Her dark green eyes widened in surprise and delight, when she saw your unconscious form over Diamond's right shoulder. She zoomed over and pulled at your right cheek, trying to get you to wake up. Diamond shooed her away, stating that you were sleeping and needed your rest.

Hearing this, she pouted and crossed her arms over her chest. Wings beating behind her back, she glanced between the brothers and tried to figure out if there was more to this. Noticing this, Heart sighed and told her to just go eat some steak.

Her little green arms fell to her sides and her mouth opened before she asked, "Really? I can have some steak?".

"Yes, now go," Heart responded in a slightly annoyed manner.

With the prospect of meat, she flew off and completely forgot about your sleeping form. Food was always a major priority for the pixie. Thus at the mention of meat, her mind became numb to everything else; she would just want to know how she could get that meat. Despite her easily distracted nature, she was quite efficient at her job of keeping the castle in order when the brothers were gone.

Thus with the pixie no longer hovering around them, the twins made their way to the ballroom in the castle. They rarely utilized the room, but for this game it would be beneficial due to the amount of space in the room. Going past the gold and silver double doors, they entered the room that had a black and white checkered tiled floor. The shape of the room matched that of the paned windows, a rectangle with a half-circle sitting on top. All the walls were of a golden hue and the paned windows opened up to a stone balcony. These windows gave view to the star filled sky as well. Bright red curtains with gold details hung at the sides of the windows. Hanging from the blue painted ceiling was a black chandelier, which had a glass sphere with gold pearl accents in the middle. Blue flames that transitioned into purple came to life upon the snap of the brothers' fingers. Once again they had their power back, for in their territory they had the ability to manipulate the space around them.

Diamond set you down on the tile while they set up their game. The preparations wouldn't be that hard, since they could summon what they wanted into the room. Truly, they liked having their ability back. In Umelius's territory they couldn't utilize their power due to a spell he placed over the land. They weren't able to summon items, nor were they permitted to transport themselves around. Furthermore, Clarencia's castle was in his territory, so her castle was affected by the spell as well. Strategically, this was a good idea, since no one could then enter her castle without her knowing. There were in fact a few others in the world, who shared the brothers' capabilities.

Once they had their game set up, they stood on either side of you. Heart was on your left and Diamond on your right. Each clapped their hands together rather loudly. The formula should've worn off, meaning that the sound should wake you. They were in fact right about this and soon your (e/c) eyes opened slowly.

You glanced around, trying to understand where you were. Your gaze caught sight of the two twins. Diamond had his characteristic smile and Heart his smirk. Personally, you wanted to know where you were, but upon closer inspection you realized that you were in the ballroom belonging to the brothers' castle. How did you end up here? Remembering the food that Heart made you, you recalled your vision fading out after you consumed it. Of course, you should've been more careful.

"What did you put on my food Heart and why can't I move?"

"My dear lady, I sprinkled a powerful sleeping drug on your fruit. As for why you can't move, you should take in your surroundings a bit more."

Well you already recognized that you were in the ballroom, so what did he mean? Now that you thought about it though, why weren't your feet touching the ground? At first you thought the feeling of floating was just a side effect of the drug Heart gave you, but upon closer inspection you realized that was not the case. Your eyes widened in horror. Currently, you were attached to a giant spinning wheel, which was in the pattern of red and blue stripes. Purple leather straps secured your wrists and ankles tightly.

"You two can't be serious. Stop being sore losers and get me down from here!" you yelled, trying to get out of the straps.

"Well as you just pointed out, we're terrible at losing, Miss ____."

"Don't worry though; we're not aiming for you. We're aiming for the colored stripes. You see, the one who ends up with more daggers in their designated color is the winner. Thus you won't be hurt, my dear lady. Besides, this way you have no chance of winning. It's quite splendid actually."

Glancing between the two, you realized that there would be no way to dissuade them from proceeding forward with this. Both snapped their fingers and daggers with golden handles and steel blades appeared in their hands. Each had a total of ten daggers. Technically, you could open a portal back to your world, but you would still be attached to the spinning wheel. That wouldn't be much help and going back to your aunt and uncle's home was not an option. Thus going to some random location wouldn't be a wise decision.

"You go first, Heart," Diamond said, stepping aside for his brother while also taking a few steps away from you.

"Why thank you, Diamond," he uttered with a wide grin on his face, as he stared at you.