Chapter 18: Productive Day

It's been two days since Aurora left. Two days since I felt like a piece if me was gone. I had a constant pain in my chest; I just wanted her back. I rang her yesterday and she said she already had a lot of studying to do. When I got back from the train station I got into bed and just slept. The most productive thing I've done is make some soup. But this morning I got up and I decided I'd do something productive. I had a shower, got dressed and took €1,500 out of my savings. Then I drove to the jewellers. I picked out the nicest ring I could get for my money and then I drove to Aurora's college.

"Hello. I'm looking for a student by name of Aurora. Would you be able to tell me where she is please?" I ask the women at the front desk.

"Oh I'm sorry sir but we aren't allowed give away that kind of information." She tells me with a shrug.

"Oh well I guess I'll just ring her." I say.

"Hello Aurora?"

"Hey Jake and yes, who else would it be on my mobile?" She laughs.

"Ha. Yeah, listen which room are you in?"

"Room 323 block B. Why? What's wrong?"

"Nothing. See you soon." And with that I hang up.

I make my way to her room and I'm starting to get nervous. Real nervous. I stop once I get to her door and wipe my sweaty palms on my jeans. Then I knock on the door.

"Jake! What are you doing here?!" Aurora asks before jumping into my arms.

"I wanted to ask you something." I tell her while she lets me in the door.

"What is it Jake?"

I get down in one knee while pulling the ring box from my jacket pocket and say "Aurora will you do me the honour of being my wife?"

She starts to cry and through the tears she says yes. I put the ring on her finger and kiss her. She's the best thing that has ever happened to me.