Chapter 2: No home

"Casey, I love you." I whisper into her ear.

"I love you too, Jake." She says back. I lean into her and kiss her. Her lips remind me of the juicy strawberries we'd pick when we were younger.

I'm awoken from my beautiful dream by the sound of someone banging on my front door. I glance over at my clock and it reads 2:45am.

"This is too early" I think sadly.

I run downstairs and open the front door. Casey. Casey is standing there wet to the skin with the rain. She has a suitcase and two bags in her hands. Her lip is cut she has blood running down her cheek and a nasty black eye.

"Oh Casey." I whisper pulling her into a tight hug while she sobs. I pull all her bags into the house as she sits on the couch.

"Did he do this to you?" I ask her handing her a cup of coffee.

"Yes. He told me I was ugly and no good. Then he beat me." She whimpers.

"Casey, I'm so sorry." I tell her; a tear falling from my eye.

"It's not your fault, Jake. I do have a question for you though, is it okay if I stay here until I get a new place?" She asks.

"Of course! You can stay for as long as you like." I tell her, hugging her.

She can stay here forever if she wanted to, I wouldn't mind. I'd get to see her everyday. She means the world to me and she doesn't even know it.

---------------------------------

Hope you're liking the story! :)